HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc's first pro game tonight ! 1g 2a GWG in OT!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2011, 04:23 PM
  #51
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
This kid has more drive in him than that, he will be a second line centre or winger one day (because he can play both), but if you ask me, I see him as the second line centre playing with Kristo and maybe Pacioretty.
What about Eller and Plekanec?

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 04:32 PM
  #52
Paddyjack
Registered User
 
Paddyjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
I hope LL does well because I'm planning to buy a jersey with his name and number. We happen to share the same family name

Paddyjack is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 05:12 PM
  #53
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamiltonhabfan10 View Post
Pretty sure I'm going to the game tonight, pumped to see him !! hopefully he gets a solid role, unlike how they used avtsin last year, although they're way different players
He's playing in the same spot that Avtsin played last year, Conboy Engqvist Leblanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
I see a definite similarity between theses LL descriptions and those of Kyle Chipchura back in the days. Hopefully, it'll turn out better.
I don't really see it with Chipchura, don't think they compare all that well personally although both are solid in their own end and at protecting the puck, Chipchura was more of a passer whereas Leblanc has a good shot and moves better.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 05:25 PM
  #54
Sailor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Leblanc might have to stay longer in the AHL than people think and that's fine.

Lets remember that plekanec had 3 full seasons in the AHL and a 29 points 1st campaign in the NHL before having a 20 goal season. We still considered him as a good 3rd liner back then.

If the management is patient enough he might become a 60 pts 2-way beast in the best case scenario (ala plekanec) and worst case scenario he becomes an efficient 3rd liner center (ala dominic moore maybe?)

Sailor is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 06:48 PM
  #55
Guess
Registered User
 
Guess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Yep


and yep.

When the habs drafted him, he was slated in as the Habs next saviour. The highly coveted #1 center. Since then he has gone to even being asked to play the wing.

For those that hope he will be a first or second line player, i don't share that view.
He will be a perfect 3rd line player in Montreal.
I'm pretty sure management didn't draft him to be a #1 center, his role was to be a 2nd or 3rd line energy center with skill...

Any higher expectations were just fans hyped up about a quebec player drafted in the first round IMO.

Guess is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 07:07 PM
  #56
Dr_Hook
Registered User
 
Dr_Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,274
vCash: 500
Really happy to hear Louis is finally healthy and ready to go ! Excited to see how he'll fare ! But 2 things I'd like to know :

What is the rule about sending him back to the Q ? Is there a limit on the numbers of games he can play in the AHL before sending him back ? Or a date ?
I feel he could still benefit from a full year on a cup contending team in junior ; not sure he did enough last season and still has lots to learn there ; with the injury he got, Shaw might be the best place for him, but we'll see

Position wise, is he projected to be used as a center with the dogs ? I was under the impression the team was leaning towards making him a winger at the pro level (which is where he played at the U-20 championship isn't it ?) Down the road, winger or center ?

Dr_Hook is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 07:47 PM
  #57
Aeneas
Registered User
 
Aeneas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Just got an assist on first PP !!!!

Aeneas is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 07:49 PM
  #58
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,996
vCash: 500
And his 1st pro point on the 1st goal! Congrats!

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 08:44 PM
  #59
Aeneas
Registered User
 
Aeneas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Just got another assist, 2 assists for Louis in a 2-0 lead for dogs, goals by enqvist and conboy

Aeneas is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 09:18 PM
  #60
Andros777
Registered User
 
Andros777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Man I hope this guy ends up being good.

Andros777 is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 09:59 PM
  #61
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Leblanc!

overlords is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:01 PM
  #62
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,132
vCash: 500
Awards:
Leblanc: 1G, 2A and the game-winning goal in OT.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:02 PM
  #63
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,679
vCash: 500
first Leblanc gets a Engqvist pass from behind the net and Leblanc fires it for what looked like a goal, only to be robbed. After a great shift from the Dumont/Fortier line they kep the puck and cycled it well, Leblanc comes in on the line change and picks up the rebound in front of the goalie and puts in a backhander to win the game.

Some start to his pro career, 3 point night!

montreal is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:04 PM
  #64
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,096
vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Leblanc: 1G, 2A and the game-winning goal in OT.
Woah nice!

I believe Leblanc is going to be a leader on this team later now. Maybe not a superstar but a solid player to keep around. It'd be nice to develop an ''elite'' third line player for once.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:07 PM
  #65
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
Really happy to hear Louis is finally healthy and ready to go ! Excited to see how he'll fare ! But 2 things I'd like to know :

What is the rule about sending him back to the Q ? Is there a limit on the numbers of games he can play in the AHL before sending him back ? Or a date ?
I feel he could still benefit from a full year on a cup contending team in junior ; not sure he did enough last season and still has lots to learn there ; with the injury he got, Shaw might be the best place for him, but we'll see

Position wise, is he projected to be used as a center with the dogs ? I was under the impression the team was leaning towards making him a winger at the pro level (which is where he played at the U-20 championship isn't it ?) Down the road, winger or center ?
1. He's not going back to the Q, no way. But if he did there is no limit on the number of games, they can send him down at any point in the season, as it doesn't matter, his contract will still count against the 50 limit and he's too old for his contract to slid.

2. He's on the wing now but took one face-off during a 4 on 4. I assume that since he is just coming back from shoulder injury, they might ease him into the face-offs. Plus they have a bunch of guys that can player center, Engqvist, Nattinen, Masse, Willsie, Dumont, Fortier, Leblanc so there's no rush to get him taking draws if they don't want to push the shoulder too much. Perhaps in a couple weeks he'll be back at center but if not I don't think it would be bad for him to play for the Dogs as a winger. I never heard the organization was going to move him to the wing but to me it makes some sense if they do. Either way I think he's going to be a fun player to watch in the NHL.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:07 PM
  #66
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,026
vCash: 500
God damn it Leblanc, the coach put you on that line to LOWER the pressure on you! You were supposed to take it a step at a time. Disobeying the coach already, what a cocky player...



So happy for Louis! Can't start your pro career with much more swagger than that. Especially after being hurt for so long and jumping in mid-season. It'll be damn fun to follow him in Hamilton this year

TroyM is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:09 PM
  #67
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,292
vCash: 500
the leblanc chipchura comparison is ridiculous. leblanc has better hands and is a FAR better skater

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:09 PM
  #68
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Leblanc: 1G, 2A and the game-winning goal in OT.
nice

I hope he dominate the AHL this year and he might be call if we have some injuries.

blueprint Martin player

yeah I'm back in the #giveMartinachance bandwagon

Quarantesix is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:10 PM
  #69
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
What a great way to start his Pro level carreer!!!

What a night!!

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:12 PM
  #70
Guilliam
Registered User
 
Guilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
first Leblanc gets a Engqvist pass from behind the net and Leblanc fires it for what looked like a goal, only to be robbed. After a great shift from the Dumont/Fortier line they kep the puck and cycled it well, Leblanc comes in on the line change and picks up the rebound in front of the goalie and puts in a backhander to win the game.

Some start to his pro career, 3 point night!
Thanks for all the bulldogs info you post in here.

Did you see his two assists? were they nice feed?

Guilliam is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:14 PM
  #71
Bloumeister
RIP Jean Béliveau
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 6,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
1. He's not going back to the Q, no way. But if he did there is no limit on the number of games, they can send him down at any point in the season, as it doesn't matter, his contract will still count against the 50 limit and he's too old for his contract to slid.

2. He's on the wing now but took one face-off during a 4 on 4. I assume that since he is just coming back from shoulder injury, they might ease him into the face-offs. Plus they have a bunch of guys that can player center, Engqvist, Nattinen, Masse, Willsie, Dumont, Fortier, Leblanc so there's no rush to get him taking draws if they don't want to push the shoulder too much. Perhaps in a couple weeks he'll be back at center but if not I don't think it would be bad for him to play for the Dogs as a winger. I never heard the organization was going to move him to the wing but to me it makes some sense if they do. Either way I think he's going to be a fun player to watch in the NHL.
I'm sure they will. They should. He'll be everything Latendresse and Pouliot never were able to be here.

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:14 PM
  #72
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Wow, what a way to start his pro career. Congrats to Louis. I guess he's trying to make a case for the top line C spot.

neofury* is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:16 PM
  #73
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
I really like how people keep saying he will be a 3rd line player at best when we regularly have guys like Darche and Moen playing on our first 2 lines. People seem to think that 2nd line players all do 60 points per year and 1st line players are all top 20 in the league (math check : there is 90 first line players in the league). That is not quite how it goes...

Personally I always have and still believe that Leblanc will be a solid player. I don't think he will be first line, but I believe that he'll be the kind of guy you can plug on the wing on the first 2 lines to have a gritty winger that crashes the net. That's his game, and it's something the Habs can certainly use. He's basically a grinder with hands, and manages to produce even if it's not through incredible dikes, cannon shots or perfect passes through the crease. I think that people really tend to underestimate what he can bring due to his lack of flashiness compared to some other prospects.

That does not by any stretch means that he will be a savior. But I'm sure he'll bring something good to the team, and I was thinking the same before this game (which is a GREAT start for him though!)

Patccmoi is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:19 PM
  #74
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Thanks for all the bulldogs info you post in here.

Did you see his two assists? were they nice feed?
First one he feeds the puck to the point on the PP to Stafford who fired it on net and Engqvist tipped it in.

2nd one he got it over to Conboy as they broke in on a 2 on 1 and Leblanc made a smart move to turn his body so that if Conboy passed it over to him he would have been in prime position to shoot and it made the goalie cheat a little so Conboy wired a heck of a shot on the goal.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-27-2011, 10:19 PM
  #75
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,527
vCash: 500
Louis Leblanc's bossssss. Like I've always said, if Leblanc turns out to be a player similar to Patrice Bergeron, we're freakin in business.

Jabba11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.