HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PROPOSAL: Leafs/Ducks

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapie
While the deal is still a bad one, Carlo is indeed the better player over those two mentioned. There are numerous issues holding him in the AHL, but while his stock may have sunk, it has not sunk that much
"Carlo" was never that high to begin with. He was never the elite prospect a small number of Leaf homers made him out to be, and his star has fallen from second-tier to even lower.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 11-05-2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old
11-05-2005, 12:42 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius
For getzlaf, no way you would get him right now from the Ducks for those players.....probably not for anything unless it was a higher-ranked prospect. He is arguably the top prospect in the Ducks' organization right now.

I see no reason for them to move Carney or Vish right now either...Carney plays very solid for them and Vish is starting to turn up the hits.

This trade is useless to the Ducks.
I don't think Getzlaf is very important to the Leafs right now. Getzlaf would be in the AHL if he was on the Leaf right now.

Vish or Carney is one of the players the Leaf would be after.

Old
11-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Varius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles
I don't think Getzlaf is very important to the Leafs right now. Getzlaf would be in the AHL if he was on the Leaf right now.

Perhaps if Anaheim isn't looking like they will make the playoffs by the deadline, I'd say Carney could be available (because of his age). However I hope Anaheim will make the playoffs this year, if so they will need Carney.

Old
11-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
Maybe because of things like "waivers" "injury" and 1 and 2 way "contracts"

I love it when other teams fans pretend to know about the Leaf situation
I just love it when Leafs fans try to make excuses for their piss-poor prospects.

Maybe you should explain why those "explanations" are valid excuses??

I'm dying to hear why Leafs can't call up Cola...

Old
11-05-2005, 01:12 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
I just love it when Leafs fans try to make excuses for their piss-poor prospects.

They have two rookies in the top 10 in scoring. Why would Leafs fans need to make excuses?

Old
11-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Im pretty certain that Getzlaf would take Ponikarovsky's spot right now if he played for Leafs.

Old
11-05-2005, 01:14 PM
EazyB97

Cola's weak defensively, but good offensively. With Kaberle, McCabe and Khavanov already on the team, there isn't any room for a high risk Defenseman. Cola's injured right now, or was when Kronwall was called up. Kronwall is a better option either way because he is good in his own end. The Leafs are weak defensively, as is Colaiacovo, just because he is a defenseman doesn't mean he'd help with their problems. He's isn't a great prospect, but he's not garbage either. There is a reason he's still in the system and hasn't been flipped yet. Regardless, the deal doesn't make sense for Anahiem. Colaiacovo would be a good option for a young team in need to a rushing D-man. I would've suggested Columbus before they signed Berard.

Old
11-05-2005, 01:15 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Im pretty certain that Getzlaf would take Ponikarovsky's spot right now if he played for Leafs.
Poni kills penalties well and plays very physically. He is mostly suited for fourth line duties, but Quinn likes to balance his lines. Would Getzlaf be able to do those things? I honestly haven't seen him enough to give a fair judgement on Getzlaf.

Old
11-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97
Poni kills penalties well and plays very physically. He is mostly suited for fourth line duties, but Quinn likes to balance his lines. Would Getzlaf be able to do those things? I honestly haven't seen him enough to give a fair judgement on Getzlaf.
I think so, Getzlaf is a budding powerforward so I'm pretty certain he would be able to offer more physical play than Poni. Penalty kill? Getzlaf played very well defensively in WJC tournament so I suspect he can handle PK just fine.

And his offensive potential is much higher than Poni's.

Old
11-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Varius

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97
Getzlaf would be better off to play in the AHL another season if he would only get 4th line minutes....

Old
11-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

The youth in the Leaf's organization is seriously underrated in my opinion. Steen is a an excellent young center, and Stajan has the two-way game of a well-established vet.

Old
11-05-2005, 02:25 PM
sensens

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary
Waivers? ... What you're saying is that your coach doesn't believe he can keep a fulltime job on your team ahead of Berg, Belak, etc
Not to mention the fact that they went out and specifically signed Khavanov to plug a hole on the blueline (i.e. take that roster spot away), and both Wozniewski and Kronwall have gotten as much or more NHL play this year. So while I think Colaiacovo certainly still has some value, I'm not willing to buy into the argument that he's simply the victim of a numbers game in Toronto.

As for the trade itself, that seems a pretty poor return for a player like Getzlaf. If the Ducks aren't going to get the centrepiece player in the deal, why should they give up the youngest and most valuable player as well?

Old
11-05-2005, 02:32 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
The youth in the Leaf's organization is seriously underrated in my opinion. Steen is a an excellent young center, and Stajan has the two-way game of a well-established vet.
We only have one youth in our organization? JK

Old
11-05-2005, 02:32 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensens
Not to mention the fact that they went out and specifically signed Khavanov to plug a hole on the blueline (i.e. take that roster spot away), and both Wozniewski and Kronwall have gotten as much or more NHL play this year. So while I think Colaiacovo certainly still has some value, I'm not willing to buy into the argument that he's simply the victim of a numbers game in Toronto.
If they have the cap space to have both Khavanov and Colaiacovo in the system then why not do it?

Colaiacovo's role in the future is as an offensive defenceman who plays a lot on the PP and those spots are filled right now.

Old
11-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:

Maybe Carney will go by the trade deadline but Vishnevski is young and he is playing very well right now, so he stays.

Closed Thread