HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 08 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 5 8.93%
Michael Del Zotto 14 25.00%
Brandon Dubinsky 1 1.79%
Tim Erixon 1 1.79%
Ruslan Fedotenko 3 5.36%
Marian Gaborik 37 66.07%
Dan Girardi 33 58.93%
Henrik Lundqvist 1 1.79%
Ryan McDonagh 5 8.93%
Brandon Prust 1 1.79%
Brad Richards 1 1.79%
Michael Sauer 20 35.71%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Other 7 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-27-2011, 10:06 PM
trilobyte

vCash: 500
The officials' impact on the game was minimal, really.
Sure, they are incompetent so often. Totally agree.

It simply has nothing to do with the debacle.

How come the team can't bail out Henrik when he has an off night?
I am all over defending Henrik.
To me it is traiterous to hang this dog of a result on Henrik, even slightly.

It's supposed to be a TEAM game.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:06 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
I have a feeling we are going to see some roster moves just to shake things up... Maybe MZA, maybe Avery. All I know is Torts is going to pull out all stops if he thinks his job is in jeopardy. You do not that that much leeway in New York and I think he realizes that.

Oh also, MDZ better step it up because he got tool'd tonight.
Alright this MDZ bashing needs to stop.

This is ****ING RIDICULOUS at this point.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Vitto79

they would of not deserved it but if one of the two disallowed goals counted then they win

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Gresch04

I said I would wait 10 games but I'll say it now - this team is NOTHING special. Look at Pitt without Cindy and even Malkin for a few games - special team. Washington - driven, motivated, hot - possibly something special. This team - nothing special. When will it end?

Gresch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:08 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

New season, same old ********.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:11 PM
BOXPLAY

Send a message via AIM to BOXPLAY
Have we been outshot every game?

BOXPLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:11 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
Once again, this team hardly resembles that hard working squad from last year....complete 180
seriously, Dubi,Cally,AA and Stepan look to be a fraction of what they were last season.
Richards has underwhelmed imo.
Gabby's the only one who looks like he actually cares.
Interesting list. Which of those fellows were playing for a contract last year but are no longer playing for one?

And which are playing for a contract THIS year?

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

the good: girardi. can't not be happy with gaborik this season. not to sound like joe micheletti but "he's really skating out there" every game.

the bad: lundqvist (although he stoned kessel on 2 breakaways) the 2nd and 3rd periods.

the redden: me rushing back from class to watch this garbage.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

>Have 2 goals taken away in the first, when atleast 1 should have counted

>Have penalties called that are clearly not penalties

>Come out in the first on fire, **** the bed the rest of the game

>Lundqvist makes amazing saves, lets in a couple of softies

>Whenever momentum started to swing their way, PENULTY

>Dubinsky gets called for 2 ********* calls at the end of the game, killing any sort of comeback that might have occured

>Torts juggling the lines like a circus clown

>Christensen and Wolski still in the NHL, Avery riding a bus in CT

>Girardi is a superhuman who took a shot to the face and just ****ing shook it off and kept playing

>Gaborik is playing like Old Gaborik

>Team plays like **** when Gabby is on, Team plays great when he is terrible. Always out of sync no matter what.

>Eminger getting top 4 minutes =

>Team can not play a consistent 60 minutes, let along a consistent 40

>Even if he played bad, we are wasting Lundqvist's prime years on this ****

>Being a Rangers fan

>Feels bad man

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Interesting list. Which of those fellows were playing for a contract last year but are no longer playing for one?

And which are playing for a contract THIS year?
oh come on. do you really think ryan callahan would mail it in after getting money?

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:18 PM
MaximusT

From what I've seen from every team so far this season, I can safely say we may be amongst the worst teams to start the season. Sounds like an overreaction but honestly, 3 flukey wins in which our goalies bailed us despite getting outshot badly. Give or take a few lucky bounces and suddenly we look poised to draft Yakupov.
Why the hell is this offense so anemic. It's strange when I actually watch a good offensive team,like Wash or Phil, after the watching the Rangers for a while and I'm like "oh wow this is how good teams actually play".

Had such high expectations before the season started. Really hoping they turn it around.
If things keep goin this way, by what game in the season do things start looking bleak?
Obviously everyone is saying right, "ONLY 8 GAMES BRAH, GIVE IT SOME TIME", but I think if nothing changes by game 20 or 25 we might be in for a rough season.

MaximusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:19 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

Such a promising 1st period. Such a predictable ending.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:21 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
they would of not deserved it but if one of the two disallowed goals counted then they win
Not if they play the way they did in periods 2 & 3 they dont.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

We need a tougher blueline and a creative playmaker. Solution: Trade a top 6 player for a good defenseman, and insert Zuccarello.

I'll admit we need Avery too, they look like a sissy team out there. Problem is we'll probably lose him on re-entry.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:23 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
oh come on. do you really think ryan callahan would mail it in after getting money?
I don't think any of those players would "mail it in." But "mailing it in" is nowhere near the same as playing with a bit less intensity, and frankly, none of the players on that list is good enough to put up major points without playing at top intensity.

That's only for the Ovechkins of the world.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:26 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Only voted for Gaborik. Only player who showed up tonight. Pitiful team performance. 14 shots through the last 40 minutes?

The last 40 minutes looked a lot like what the Rangers have done the past seven games. We STILL, through 8 GAMES, have not put in a full 60 minutes. I find that concerning.

Gaborik, game in and game out, is the only player with spunk, who skates, generates chances, etc. I feel bad for him, he is legitimately giving it his all, and he doesn't have the support around him to do anything with it.For every great save Lundqvist made (two breakaway attempts by Kessel stick out), he let up a soft goal. The first three goals were all stoppable. I'll give him a pass, obviously, for (a) his performance thus far this season and (b) the big saves he made to keep the Rangers in the game (team couldn't respond or get a lift from any other save). He looked dejected, his head wasn't in the game, and I can't blame him. Must be frustrating to have your team continually not show up to play.

Callahan and Dubinsky continue to be their two worst forwards. Dubinsky in particular. He has been, bar none, the worst player this year. Send a message Tortorella, and bench him (as you have others) to show that his kind of play is not acceptable. I can't be the only one sick of seeing Callahan and Dubinsky on the ice ~ 20 minutes a night... And, of course, after they signed their contracts too...

Richards, earning his $12 million this year, has been incredibly underwhelming. Not generating chances, not gelling well with Gaborik, not gelling with anyone, not carrying it through the neutral zone, and not being the offensive catalyst our PP needed. Huge disappointment 8 games in. Is there anyone in the NHL getting paid more than this guy this year?

And then there is Tortorella, again, the answer was to "shake up" the lines, not change strategy, get the guys motivated, have them show up for at least ONE of the two final periods. Doing a terrible job.

Team is 3-3-2, should be worse, one of the worst teams in the NHL from what I've been seeing.

One good thing today... Sauer looked decent. That's about it.
Maybe,just maybe this is because he is the only one aloud to play his game?
The others? Pretty much tied up with focusing on the play without the puck and defensive sesponcibilities.
Let the skilled guyes play there game,and the grinders grind.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:31 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

My only question now - is this rock bottom yet?

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:32 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Going to OWS tomorrow with this sign

10-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
My only question now - is this rock bottom yet?
Were a .500 team that played without 2 of our top 4 defenseman for most of the year, and still don't have our #1. When we knew Staal was out people on here said they'd be happy with a .500 record. Obviously not the case. Not to say I'm happy with the way we've been playing, but as far as I'm concerned we haven't hit rock bottom until we're dead last.

Watch us blow out Ottawa on Saturday. This board will have you convinced that we're cup contenders.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:35 PM
alves

I DVR'd the full pre-game "Blue Carpet" ******** and was hoping to watch it since I missed it live. Don't give a phuck now.

alves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:36 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Were a .500 team that played without 2 of our top 4 defenseman for most of the year, and still don't have our #1. When we knew Staal was out people on here said they'd be happy with a .500 record. Obviously not the case. Not to say I'm happy with the way we've been playing, but as far as I'm concerned we haven't hit rock bottom until we're dead last.

Watch us blow out Ottawa on Saturday. This board will have you convinced that we're cup contenders.

I hear you about the D, but the team as a whole seems very vanilla right now....

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Vitto79

Quote:

yea likely, hfboards is bipolar..............so what did Torts say? Is Newbury down and Hagelin up yet?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Zuuuuc

Maybe I missed an announcement or something but is anyone worried Girardi wearing an "A" is indicative of how long Staal will be out?

Zuuuuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:44 PM
alves

Quote:

I think a lot of the reason people are mad is because we have not played a complete 60-minute game yet this season. We've literally been outplayed every game, outshot every game. No Staal? Look at Pittsburgh, no Crosby all season, no Malkin in like half of their games, yet they still pull through.

Yes, we're literally a .500 team, but without Hank we have 2 points or less for last place IMO.

alves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb1985 View Post
Maybe I missed an announcement or something but is anyone worried Girardi wearing an "A" is indicative of how long Staal will be out?
i was hoping it was just for the home opener.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote