HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs beat the Bruins 2-1

Old
10-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Missed part of the 2nd. Boy, if people feel things are bad in Mtl, I wonder how it would be if we were in Boston. They really aren't good. I don't know if it's only versus us because I don't really watch them, but it seems all they want to do is hit players. I feel like this is drilled so much into their mind that they forget to play sometimes.
To be fair however, Price did make some very key saves. But that's part of his job.

Honorable mention to Spacek, solid game. I'm very glad he's back, it brings a bit more stability. I knew a big reason why management signed him a year past Hammer's deal was because they viewed him as his replacement for an extra year, which would give youngsters more time to develop. If it remains healthy and keeps playing as he does, he will make Hammer's loss less damaging. However, having Hammer here instead of Gill would have been a huge plus now.

Called the victory versus Philly. Called the win versus the Bruins tonight. Let's complete the prediction and win on Saturday again, and on our way to the Cup we go!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:47 PM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Two man fore-check. Keep the puck on changes instead of dumping it in and giving the other team possession. Put the pressure on the other team, jump the defenceman in on the attack. Let's be the aggressive team.
Maybe Randy Ladouceur follows HF Boards...

impudent_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:49 PM
BigHabs

The only thing I didn't like about this game. I don't think we need an enforcer. We need a guy who can fight and play.

Near the end of the game Thornton took a run at Subban twice, and then was trying to get after him at the benches. Then asking him to fight.

All I know that crap don't fly with other teams and other teams have somebody to take care of guys like Thornton.

I know we should stick to the plan, finess and everything. Its just really gets on my nerves down by a goal and they try running our star players and know that nobody is going to come after them, well not anyone who could take them on.

I know we don't need goons, I am not looking for a goon, maybe a Neil type player. It just gets frustrating and were at a point right now that we can't afford to lose anymore players as we are starting to turn a corner in the season.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

coolasprIce should be banned from the habs board.

Solid game. Was it just me, or did neither team seem to play 100% ?I swear habs were at 85, Boston at 75.

Good win, nonetheless.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I have to desagree here, Conboy is a pretty solid guy who can drop the gloves once in a while.. Schultz still has time to develop and could become a pretty decent goon down the road..
Thornton ragdolled Laraque in a couple of occasions. Conboy might do good against average fighters la Hartnell, but against big and experienced like Thornton? He's dead. Same for Schultz. Or maybe if Thonrton plays till 50...then they might have a chance.

Thornton, like him or not, he's amongst the best in what he does.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:51 PM
habitue*

PK must calm down.

He is more useful on the ice than in the penalty box.

And I certainly would not like him to be injured in one of these useless fights.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Metropolit finished tied at 26th for PP goals in the whole league, just two years ago, and he was nothing more than a 4th line winger.
Metropolit has really good hands, especially in close. Darche does not.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

Solid game. Was it just me, or did neither team seem to play 100% ?I swear habs were at 85, Boston at 75.

Good win, nonetheless.
Considering this was the second game we played in 24 hours, i'll give them the benefit for some mistakes here and there. However, it was a very good effort.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Thornton ragdolled Laraque in a couple of occasions. Conboy might do good against average fighters la Hartnell, but against big and experienced like Thornton? He's dead. Same for Schultz. Or maybe if Thonrton plays till 50...then they might have a chance.

Thornton, like him or not, he's amongst the best in what he does.
Lol, what?

Thornton is a good fighter and all, but I'd bet that you can't find a single video proving this claim - or even one that shows Thornton winning a fight against Laraque.

Old
10-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
Maybe Randy Ladouceur follows HF Boards...
Lol. Pearn got banned when he was with the Rangers, so it's all making sense now.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:55 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Metropolit has really good hands, especially in close. Darche does not.
Darche has pretty good hand-eye though.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Andy

Quote:

Good win, nonetheless.
Agreed. It's funny because if some of the stuff he says would be said by a Bruins fan, they'd probably get removed from the boards for some time. He openly admits that he is not a fan, so technically he is trying to agitate us.

I'm getting tired of these fans hoping that we lose to satisfy their own personal opinions.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Jessica Rusnak on Twitter with another great one.....And Bruins fans will not be happy if they hear about this.

Seems that Marchand and Subban are friendly with each other. They joked together about the fight after it happened. Being that they won the Gold together, seems that there's no animosity towards them....

And Marchand takes a NOSE dive as far as the love the fans have for him.....

Old
10-27-2011, 09:57 PM
m00ks

This team is resilient. Didn't let a bad goal get them down. I like the push back, I like the drive.

I hope everyone who called for Price's head after that bad goal learnt a valuable lesson tonight.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Lol, what?

Thornton is a good fighter and all, but I'd bet that you can't find a single video proving this claim - or even one that shows Thornton winning a fight against Laraque.
Well how about the start of that fight?

How about this one?

Laraque dominates usally all of his opponents. But Thornton usually gives him a good scrap. I mean, it's all great to hate him but we'd gladly take him on our side.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Yeah Bruins drafting top 5... great.......
Yeah, because drafting first has really made them a power house!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Well I was mostly remembering the start of that fight....I didn't see a whole lot of fighters outpowering Laraque like he did there. Usually Laraque just plain dominates his opponents....Thornton didn't look bad in this one.

Looks pretty bad actually. Once Laracque tags him with 2 or 3 shots, Thornton held on till it ended. Thornton in my opinion is a "light-heavyweight". Which is better than what we currently have, not in Laracque's league though imo.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Jessica Rusnak on Twitter with another great one.....And Bruins fans will not be happy if they hear about this.

Seems that Marchand and Subban are friendly with each other. They joked together about the fight after it happened. Being that they won the Gold together, seems that there's no animosity towards them....

And Marchand takes a NOSE dive as far as the love the fans have for him.....
Jess is great (call me Jess!), I remember Marchand texted Subban after he smashed him too, I was surprised they actually fought tonight.

She also tweeted that the PA announcer congratulated Gill on his 1000 games, classy move by them. Too bad the fans booed...

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Maliki2

Quote:

How about this one?

Laraque dominates usally all of his opponents. But Thornton usually gives him a good scrap. I mean, it's all great to hate him but we'd gladly take him on our side.
You obviously don't remember the quote from Thornton after that first one, something to the effect, "I wouldn't want BGL punching me while I was down, so I had to let him back up"

Old
10-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Yeah Bruins drafting top 5... great.......
Alright, 10 games in and no way for Boston to climb back up...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:

How about this one?

He won both by 'takedowns'. The first fight in actual fighting, BGL destroyed him, in second it was even and Thornton got takedown as well so I'll give it to thornton.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Toshio

Quote:
lol Yups. I saw that too. I just had to shake my head. It was a very stupid thing for him to post something like that on the bruins board.

Toshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Maliki2

Best thing about this win, we are no where near 100% and we still beat them. We are so far in their head like we have been the last few years. You know they dread playing us...I like that!

Old
10-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Looks pretty bad actually. Once Laracque tags him with 2 or 3 shots, Thornton held on till it ended. Thornton in my opinion is a "light-heavyweight". Which is better than what we currently have, not in Laracque's league though imo.
I know he's not. Laraque will be remembered as one of the best ever. Yet, I've never seen Laraque being overpowered physically like he was at the start of the first fight. And actually, don't remember Laraque losing a fight pretty clearly like we see in the 2nd vid. Though in all honesty, there are other fights between these 2 that Laraque won easily. Yet, I would not expect Laraque to lose anything against, like you call it, a light-heavyweight.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Shabutie

Quote:

That's a better find, but I'd wager that the weight difference was much less substantial back then. Regardless, like I said - Shawn is better than any "fighter" we currently have.

I'd prefer having someone like Souray, someone who can fight, play hockey and offers good leadership. But having a Thornton to deal with the Lucics, Hortons, etc. of the league would be great.