HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do we need....

Old
10-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
What do we need....

Is our team fine? Are our players doing fine? Or is it just bad luck? Do we need inspiration, staal to come back, or a mixup in the lineup via callup or trade....
Discuss please

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
Is our team fine? Are our players doing fine? Or is it just bad luck? Do we need inspiration, staal to come back, or a mixup in the lineup via callup or trade....
Discuss please
Talent. I don't see a lack of motivation or conditioning. It's a talent deficit.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:51 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

cohesive offensive strategy.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Talent. I don't see a lack of motivation or conditioning. It's a talent deficit.
our team is built of grinders with 3/4 skill players

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Vitto79

find the right line combos. at this point just break up Cally and Dubi

Dubinsky ,Richards, Gaborik
Wolski, Anisimov, Callahan
Stepan, Boyle, Fedotenko
Rupp, Newbury, Prust
EC

just run these lines and stick with it Torts you fool

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

What we need is exactly what we can't get right now.

We need 1-2 offensively-talented gamebreakers.

Enough of these two-way grind to get goals type of hockey. We need offensively gifted players that can set up in the zone and create chances.

I don't see how that's possible right now.

ilovemarkmessier

We need a coaching change. Theres alot of talent here. Its not being used properly.

ilovemarkmessier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:01 PM
levski87

Dubi/Cally/Ani/Step have looked like crap.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemarkmessier View Post
We need a coaching change. Theres alot of talent here. Its not being used properly.
Talent? There's only one guy capable of scoring 30 on this team. It's scary how the team lacks talent. Again this goes back to the GM and Mr Overrated Gordie Clark

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:03 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I definitely see a lack of motivation. We were a "team of grinders" last year too. The effort to get it done is not there.

10-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Dubi/Cally/Ani/Step have looked like crap.
The players you have listed, while extremely likable, just don't have the hands (Dubinsky/Callahan) or the strength (Anisimov/Stepan) to consistently score the kinds of goals we need scored.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:05 PM
NikC

there's a different line on the ice nearly every shift. I don't even know what i'm watching half the time. Can't tortorella at least try W2 as LW on the 1st line for ONE FULL Frkickin game, before he decides he's useless? Why didn't they just buy this guy out and get another LW if they're not going to play this guy?

More than anything else this team just looks like they are uncomfortable with each other on the ice. NO communication, terrible passing, zero chemistrty. They need to start practicing HOCKEY not doing pushups and bag skates.

this team definetly needs a shake up trade. they need a scorer desperately .

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
Discuss please
No, No, No, Yes, Yes, Yes.

we need to stop playing this ******** grind it out two way game, we need to stop playing john tortorella hockey and stop putting our success in the hands of his huge ****ing ego, give wolski a god damn chance, sending avery down is looking dumber and dumber by the game at least the guy gave a **** enough to go out on the ice and play his game, hate it or love it the guy had spirit and played hard and motivated cant say that about half team thats been out there thus far this season. Start letting things happen rather than trying to force them to happen by shuffling the lines shift in and shift out, start using what talent we do have to get shots and goals. This whole system is a cluster**** of line changes, dump-ins, board play, and a ******* powerplay oh and chock full of LOSSES.

Last edited by Miller Time NYR: 10-27-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:08 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Bring Avery back... team is vanilla without him.

I cant say what he'll do or not do... he just has an edge or mojo this team lacks. I imagine he will be quite motivated when he arrives. And we will again be puzzled by the W's

10-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Give the team time. Yeah, they had there home game, but it'll take time. Try traveling 17k miles. I'd kill myself if I had to do that.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:32 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

I'll agree that we lack talent, but even so we should not be scoring so little. I feel like this team just doesn't "get it" offensively. Look at philadelphia. They traded their two best offensive players away and their offense is still great. They have 36 goals, we have 14. We added Brad Richards, they added an old Jagr. I know the offense will improve, but I'm never going to expect anything explosive with the roster as it's built right now.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Ke11y96

I want this team to have Ales Hemsky...This team needs a guy that can be confident with the puck and make plays. Any team with a potent offense has players that are poised with the puck and can beat a guy one on one with talent. Krejci is that guy for Boston, Datsyuk in Detroit, Backstrom in Washington, I dont even wanna mention all the players Pittsburgh has that can do that..but Giroux and Jagr in Philly..Sedins in Vancouver I mean it goes on and on...Our only center with that skillset is Richards and Richie is getting a free pass he's joining a new team that prides itself on dump and chase hockey which does not suite him what so ever..

If anyone has been reading Richie's postgame comments its that he didn't have possession enough his line didn't generate enough..He cannot play this type of hockey. He needs skill and talent surrounding his overall game.

I will say idc what anyone has to say about Hemsky's injuries or whatever but this kid is under 30 and whenever he does dress he is a ppg player and he knows the opposition is out to shut him down and yet it doesn't happen. For a team desperate for a first line highly skilled talent I look no further then Hemsky and thats where I start to see if that move shakes up this roster enough to balance out the forward lines..Put Gaborik on the left wing which he has played before..

Gaborik - Richards - Hemsky
Dubinsky - Stepan - Callahan
Hagelin - Anisimov - Fedotenko
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Wolski + 'B' Prospect + 1st for Hemsky

Idc what happens to Christensen, Newbury...

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
We need to improve the passing in all 3 zones. It has been terrible. Good passes lead to offensive chances.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:50 PM
fiedy88

Shots. It's that simple. Like Wayne said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." I don't know why we have to bring it into the zone, try to be fancy with it (Dubinsky), and pass what seems at least 10 times before taking a shot. The Leafs didn't screw around. They came in, fired, and got two goals like that. We had 16 shots the first period, and actually tested Gustavsson somewhat, the rest was a waste.

fiedy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Onion Boy

We need more Neil Diamond in the locker room.

Guys need to loosen up and have some fun out there.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:04 PM
NYRangers09

What we need is a system where we can gain some speed through the neutral zone so maybe we can actually gain the zone just once for a change. We need to bring the forwards closer to the defenseman to exit our zone so that people are actually skating. Instead we keep one or even sometimes two forwards sitting on the offensive blue line which hurts so much more than it will ever help. Its so easy to see its a problem because even when we do dump it in, we often cant beat the opposing defenders to the puck because our players are skating in.

Or maybe we could at least practice entering the zone on odd man rushes because we have no idea at all how to do it. The once in a blue moon that we make an odd man rush happen, the players just seem confused and end up dumping it in, turning it over, or sometimes skating into each other.

I used to be a HUGE Torts fan, but it reaches a point where the dump and chase becomes impossible to watch. Anybody who says we don't have the talent or hockey smarts has no idea what they are talking about. Toronto is not such a highly talented team like Washington, but they still were consistently able to work the puck out of their zone and into ours without having to dump it in.

This, coupled with the fact that Torts cant keep a line together for more than 3 shifts and we get to watch a team that cant make anything exciting happen.

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:14 PM
useref15

A new coaching staff.

srs.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

We need medication.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:19 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
What we need is exactly what we can't get right now.

We need 1-2 offensively-talented gamebreakers.

Enough of these two-way grind to get goals type of hockey. We need offensively gifted players that can set up in the zone and create chances.

I don't see how that's possible right now.
Theres no such things, think of talented players, you dont think they get goals grinding, they do. Crosby works the boards better than anyone, Ovie bangs and get engaged every game, Datsyuk never shys from contact nor does someone Perry or Getzlaf. The problem is just that our top players are not grininding enough and engaging in the boards enough to generate offensive chances.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:36 PM
chappie
lemon snow!

Immediately?

We need to end the charade that is John Tortorella, hopefully the people who have a love affair are now over it.

Bring up Avery, send down Newbury. Avery isn't going to fix any problems, but he will add something this team desperately needs: personality. He also will let the attention get directed to him, which is huge on ice when you can have someone on your roster do that.

Trade Dubinsky. As I argued before in another thread (and everyone called me a non fan, idiot, etc.) the guy is extremely flawed, and he and Callahan together can't work long term. Callahan is the Captain, he's not going anywhere (even though Mike Richards proved that it's not impossible) and he has more going for him on this team right now. Get what you can for Dubinsky, whether it's as soon as possible or in at the deadline.

Find a coach who is not another NHL big-name. We don't need another big mouth, all bark guy. We need a Bylsma, Laviolette type who can be authoritative when necessary, but doesn't let that define him, and is cerebral. Honestly, we should've signed Laviolette when we had the chance (I realize Laviolette is a big name, but he's the cerebral/authoritative type of guy I'm talking about).

chappie is offline   Reply With Quote