HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part Three)

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2011, 09:13 PM
nyrmetros

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
LOL. NYRFAN218 just told me that the escalators still don't go down, until you're on the 5th floor. Guess the suits in the delta club don't have to walk. Not a big deal, I just find it funny.
Escalators are the same.

Old
10-27-2011, 09:43 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Ill post my full opinions later.. But I was pretty unhappy with tonight. West balcony was cool, great sightline but nothing else was good at all tonight

Old
10-27-2011, 10:06 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
Ill post my full opinions later.. But I was pretty unhappy with tonight. West balcony was cool, great sightline but nothing else was good at all tonight
Those metal gates at the bottom of the lower bowl they gotta get rid of. Those are over the top.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:12 PM
tinytyger

Less legroom, ridiculously crowded concourses, food stations aren't ready yet, your $10 choice of Heineken or Bud, no walk-through path inside (pushing all traffic to concourse), worse seats for more money. And this after last year's "all you can get to eat is a water-dog, half a stadium away" season-long debacle. So glad I pay this organization for the privilege of being a season subscriber.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytyger View Post
Less legroom, ridiculously crowded concourses, food stations aren't ready yet, your $10 choice of Heineken or Bud, no walk-through path inside (pushing all traffic to concourse), worse seats for more money. And this after last year's "all you can get to eat is a water-dog, half a stadium away" season-long debacle. So glad I pay this organization for the privilege of being a season subscriber.
I expect the concourses to be less crowded next season when they don't let you down there if you don't hold a ticket for that level.

But the walk-through promenade inside the arena is/was an abortion. I've heard "SIT DOWN" from some walking stereotype enough for one lifetime.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:32 PM
useref15

This absolutely sucked! I left to get chicken fingers with 3:00 to go in the first period, and I didn't get into my seat until 6 minues were left in the 2nd. How do you have one floor only with food? Everybody I heard was complaining saying how horrible this was. It just doesn't make sense how they positioned the concessions. You have lines that seriously take up the whole concourse.

And, to see these workers try and get through these crowds with a cart was quite amusing. They were getting really pissed, and the people that I were in line with wouldn't let him through. So, you know what he did? He legit pushed the cart over everyones foot and just keep walking. Pretty ridiculous.

The concourse that they renovated is pretty comical. It's like they didn't think how they placed the concessions. The chicken finger line was smack in the middle of the concourse and wrapped around behind the ice cream counter.

At least I missed the 2nd period where they played like absolute crap. I must say...I am not a fan of the place.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:35 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
This absolutely sucked! I left to get chicken fingers with 3:00 to go in the first period, and I didn't get into my seat until 6 minues were left in the 2nd. How do you have one floor only with food? Everybody I heard was complaining saying how horrible this was. It just doesn't make sense how they positioned the concessions. You have lines that seriously take up the whole concourse.

And, to see these workers try and get through these crowds with a cart was quite amusing. They were getting really pissed, and the people that I were in line with wouldn't let him through. So, you know what he did? He legit pushed the cart over everyones foot and just keep walking. Pretty ridiculous.

The concourse that they renovated is pretty comical. It's like they didn't think how they placed the concessions. The chicken finger line was smack in the middle of the concourse and wrapped around behind the ice cream counter.

At least I missed the 2nd period where they played like absolute crap. I must say...I am not a fan of the place.
Surprised it took you that long. From my seats in 405 I went to the 8th floor to see if they had hot dogs but they didn't have but I wound up on the other side of the arena on the 7th floor. I left just as the first ended and got back with about 7 minutes left in the intermission.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:45 PM
17futurecap

Just got back, and thankfully ate before I left. The lines were nuts, I enjoyed someone yelling they still didn't make the hallways wide enough haha. We got out of the lower bowl as fast as possible because it was just a mess down there.

Have to say the seats behind the goals in the 300's are awesome. Went and sat in those seats before the game, and they look great. Thought it was cool for the people in the front row in the 300's bascially have their own television of the game. Did not get up to the west balcony, but will get up there eventually. Loved all the ushers telling everyone all the escalators are only going up, at least have one or 2 going down. I generally feel bad for people that had to wait in those food lines tonight, that needs fixing some how.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:50 PM
useref15

While I was waiting in line for an hour, every single person I hear was saying negative things about the arena. Such a shame.

It boggled my mind. They didn't even have the chicken fingers and fries ready to go. Each person had to wait for them to come out from the back. I'm really not one to complain at all or anything, but this was bad.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

So hear are my thoughts, pics to follow. Pros and Cons of each.

1. We got shirts!! wow I guess they can give us shirts since theres no knicks. Pro
2. The 6th floor madison concourse is definitely spacious with better bathrooms and definitely seems nice and cleaner with more room, its cool, very bright. Pro
3. The stores on the 6th floor madison concourse weren't bad either, i definitely like them better than the 1 solid store and little half a$$ ones from last year. Pro
4. THE NEW LOWER BOWL SEATS ARE TIGHTER. BIG CON
5. EVERY CONCESSION WAS CLOSED EXCEPT FOR ICE CREAM, POPCORN AND BEER. Nothing opens until mid-december. RIDICULOUS CON. Not to mention the lines were outrageous Con.
5. The 300 level is even more of a crapshoot and tighter with less places to get food aside from hot dogs, bathrooms still suck. Ugh con.
6. The 400s are still the 400s, we got nothing up here, lol. Same as expected
7. The new 300s are cool i guess, but I'm confused, there were televisions in the first row...and the media set on the side of it in rows on the west goal end of the arena (rangers shoot twice side). This confused the hell out of me, is that the new 300s or just a special end area.
8. The covered up areas behind the 100s goal, where you used to walk around, now its just boarded up and is a terrible eyesore. Cover that up with those rangers banners or something.
9. THE WEST END BALCONY IS AWESOME, the seats have a sick view, even the stools do too. AND theres a complete glass side view of the msg booth where i have a sick pic of leech and trautwig.
10. The west end balcony concession lines are horrendous. Got on it with 15 mins left in 1st intermission, got back to my section 412 seat right below with 10 mins left in 2nd. (not that i cared)
11. West end balcony seats are only available for groups and individual tix...I was told tonight that they won't be up for season fix.
12. **BRIDGES NEWS** I learned that the bridges will connect to the ends of the west end balcony and go to the other side.....SO that means if you are under the balcony in the 400s you will not be blocked by the bridges to garden vision views. Unfortunately, and those with season tickets on the west end in the 400s learned tonight, if you anywhere behind I would say row E in the 400s, your not seeing garden vision because of the west balcony itself, and its a pretty crappy view.
13. All in all between the Rangers Play tonight and the opening of the New Arena i give the whole thing an D-. I just can't give it an F yet because well it still was exciting and would have been better if the play was better.

Now heres my question, sitting in 412 behind the goal, I do not see how it is feasible to change those seats into a combined upper bowl with the 300s directly below me. Just don't see how its possible at all. Now for the sides of the arena, I could see how they can combine the 2 sections, but I just don't see it for the ends. I will study some pictures. Okay pics to follow this post boys.

Last edited by Giglio NYR15: 10-27-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old
10-27-2011, 10:57 PM
DevilsTilIDie

i had to go to this game with my girlfriend and her mother who are rangers fans, so i bought 3 tix for their birthday in section 411. we had row f. everything looked good.. but nothing worked on the way up. we get to our seats, and the 500's section is obscuring the view of the 400s seats. I COULD NOT SEE THE GARDEN VISION UNLESS I LEANED FORWARD IN MY SEAT, then tilted my head to the side and bent over more. Everyone from section 412 to 418 was furious. Reps ended up coming to our section and everyone was cursing up a storm. I calmly went to a rep, said 'its my girlfriend and her mothers birthday and i spent 350 on tickets for them, i'm not a season ticket holder but i do think this is the most outrageous thing ever, and I don't think its right.' the rep was very nice, told me to hold on, and walked away for 5 minutes. he came back with 3 tickets to a SUITE!! 1026! so we watched the game in style. a little calm, rational, sane words go a long way. but fair warning to you all! DO NOT BUY ANY SEATS IN 412-418 past row D. you WILL NOT see the scoreboard at all.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:00 PM
useref15

^well, thats pretty cool.

And, you're in East Brunswick. Thats where I live! lol.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:02 PM
coatjones
Debauchery #1

Send a message via AIM to coatjones
I think it's safe to say that even the areas with food concessions weren't finished yet. They seemed like they were up against a fake wall. You would see nice new flooring and walls then all of a sudden walk up awful and clanky metal steps. The place is not done yet and they didn't polish the things they did finish yet. Besides complaints about the tighter leg room and the metal cages in lower bowl (hopefully thats temp), I say we wait and let things sort out a bit during the season and years 2 & 3 before we set the place on fire. Lines will NOT be that long when it's completely finished. That was one of the major points of fixing the place.

PS - West balcony was pretty awesome. Will check it out during a quieter night.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:03 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
So hear are my thoughts, pics to follow. Pros and Cons of each.

1. We got shirts!! wow I guess they can give us shirts since theres no knicks. Pro
2. The 6th floor madison concourse is definitely spacious with better bathrooms and definitely seems nice and cleaner with more room, its cool, very bright. Pro
3. The stores on the 6th floor madison concourse weren't bad either, i definitely like them better than the 1 solid store and little half a$$ ones from last year. Pro
4. THE NEW LOWER BOWL SEATS ARE TIGHTER. BIG CON
5. EVERY CONCESSION WAS CLOSED EXCEPT FOR ICE CREAM, POPCORN AND BEER. Nothing opens until mid-december. RIDICULOUS CON. Not to mention the lines were outrageous Con.
5. The 300 level is even more of a crapshoot and tighter with less places to get food aside from hot dogs, bathrooms still suck. Ugh con.
6. The 400s are still the 400s, we got nothing up here, lol. Same as expected
7. The new 300s are cool i guess, but I'm confused, there were televisions in the first row...and the media set on the side of it in rows on the west goal end of the arena (rangers shoot twice side). This confused the hell out of me, is that the new 300s or just a special end area.
8. The covered up areas behind the 100s goal, where you used to walk around, now its just boarded up and is a terrible eyesore. Cover that up with those rangers banners or something.
9. THE WEST END BALCONY IS AWESOME, the seats have a sick view, even the stools do too. AND theres a complete glass side view of the msg booth where i have a sick pic of leech and trautwig.
10. The west end balcony concession lines are horrendous. Got on it with 15 mins left in 1st intermission, got back to my section 412 seat right below with 10 mins left in 2nd. (not that i cared)
11. West end balcony seats are only available for groups and individual tix...I was told tonight that they won't be up for season fix.
12. **BRIDGES NEWS** I learned that the bridges will connect to the ends of the west end balcony and go to the other side.....SO that means if you are under the balcony in the 400s you will not be blocked by the bridges to garden vision views. Unfortunately, and those with season tickets on the west end in the 400s learned tonight, if you anywhere behind I would say row E in the 400s, your not seeing garden vision because of the west balcony itself, and its a pretty crappy view.
13. All in all between the Rangers Play tonight and the opening of the New Arena i give the whole thing an D-. I just can't give it an F yet because well it still was exciting and would have been better if the play was better.

Now heres my question, sitting in 412 behind the goal, I do not see how it is feasible to change those seats into a combined upper bowl with the 300s directly below me. Just don't see how its possible at all. Now for the sides of the arena, I could see how they can combine the 2 sections, but I just don't see it for the ends. I will study some pictures. Okay pics to follow this post boys.
I believe the seats in the new endzone 300's are all that's going to be in the upper bowl. They're going to have to move everyone behind the goal in the 400's more towards center. This is just based on diagrams and it makes sense as to why there would be less capacity in the seating bowl.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:07 PM
17futurecap

Damn, devils fan, my friend and I were talking pretty much all night about the place, and where you were sitting, and saying can those people see up there? At least they gave you the suite tickets for the night, nice job being calm. You do have to feel bad for the people that have season tickets up there, yikes.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:08 PM
NYRMatt

Big fan of the West Balcony, my brother and I sat seperately up there and the bar stool seating isn't as bad as it sounds. The glass isn't much of an obstruction either. Will be going there again.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:09 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Also, are the seats in the 300's against the wall where the new 300's are obstructed? Seems like they may be though I haven't checked it out.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:13 PM
useref15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Also, are the seats in the 300's against the wall where the new 300's are obstructed? Seems like they may be though I haven't checked it out.
I found a ticket on the ground that says section 316 and it is marked obstructed. I had paper print out tickets, but I like to collect the hard tickets so I saw that one laying on the ground and picked it up. So, that may answer your question a bit.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:15 PM
17futurecap

Quote:

I sit in 315, and I would say the upper rows of 316 are definitely obstructed. That has to be brutal, those people were one section away from being in renovated seats, and now they have a wall next to them for a year.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

My seats 412

View of msg booth from west end balcony

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...26649132_n.jpg
from west end balcony

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...44229216_n.jpg View from new 300s. west end aka side with media in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20111027-00842.jpg‎ (602.3 KB, 24 views)

Old
10-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
I believe the seats in the new endzone 300's are all that's going to be in the upper bowl. They're going to have to move everyone behind the goal in the 400's more towards center. This is just based on diagrams and it makes sense as to why there would be less capacity in the seating bowl.
So then I am going be located? Along with every other 400'er btwn 411-419 on the west end of the arena behind where the rangers shoot twice?? You got to be kidding me.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:33 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
So then I am going be located? Along with every other 400'er btwn 411-419 on the west end of the arena behind where the rangers shoot twice?? You got to be kidding me.
You may or may not be. It's tough to tell as these are the only two renderings.

That's the 7th avenue end where there's basically gonna be no upper bowl seats because of the suites.

There's this picture also but I believe that may be the 7th avenue end as well.

Basically I think there may be minimal seats because the new 300's is gonna be part of the new upper bowl I believe so I don't know where seats behind the net would come into play.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:40 PM
useref15

Just watching ranger in 60 ( don't ask why I'm watching this garbage) and those metal railings are pretty annoying. At one point, it is obnoxiously high and just in the way. Fortunately, or unfortunately...I never sit down that low at games for it to bother me though.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
You may or may not be. It's tough to tell as these are the only two renderings.

That's the 7th avenue end where there's basically gonna be no upper bowl seats because of the suites.

There's this picture also but I believe that may be the 7th avenue end as well.

Basically I think there may be minimal seats because the new 300's is gonna be part of the new upper bowl I believe so I don't know where seats behind the net would come into play.
Thanks for the pics man, been looking for them now. If your right, which is logical if you are, WHY THE HELL COULDNT THEY TELL ME THIS LAST YEAR THAT, OH BTW IN 2012-2013 YOUR SEATS WILL NOT EXIST AND YOU WIILL BE FORCED TO MOVE. I WOULD HAVE MOVED INTO THE 400's center or 300s now. God knows where the hell I will end up next year, stuck behind a bridge, if I'm lucky.

Old
10-27-2011, 11:50 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Thanks for the pics man, been looking for them now. If your right, which is logical if you are, WHY THE HELL COULDNT THEY TELL ME THIS LAST YEAR THAT, OH BTW IN 2012-2013 YOUR SEATS WILL NOT EXIST AND YOU WIILL BE FORCED TO MOVE. I WOULD HAVE MOVED INTO THE 400's center or 300s now. God knows where the hell I will end up next year, stuck behind a bridge, if I'm lucky.
Gonna be interesting to see how they relocate everyone. I imagine it goes 300's then 400's center and if I'm correct, 400's behind the goal behind them. Who knows how it'll play out though.

Closed Thread