HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc's first pro game tonight ! 1g 2a GWG in OT!

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2011, 10:34 PM
llamateizer

vCash: 500
awesome
woot woot

Old
10-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
God damn it Leblanc, the coach put you on that line to LOWER the pressure on you! You were supposed to take it a step at a time. Disobeying the coach already, what a cocky player...

So happy for Louis! Can't start your pro career with much more swagger than that. Especially after being hurt for so long and jumping in mid-season. It'll be damn fun to follow him in Hamilton this year
Sounds like something PK would do...go out there and surpass expectations!

Old
10-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
First one he feeds the puck to the point on the PP to Stafford who fired it on net and Engqvist tipped it in.

2nd one he got it over to Conboy as they broke in on a 2 on 1 and Leblanc made a smart move to turn his body so that if Conboy passed it over to him he would have been in prime position to shoot and it made the goalie cheat a little so Conboy wired a heck of a shot on the goal.
Thanks a lot. I don't want to take advantage of you but since you're here (), how has Conboy looked so far this season? I've always hope that he would take Moen's spot on the fourth line next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
I really like how people keep saying he will be a 3rd line player at best when we regularly have guys like Darche and Moen playing on our first 2 lines. People seem to think that 2nd line players all do 60 points per year and 1st line players are all top 20 in the league (math check : there is 90 first line players in the league). That is not quite how it goes...

Personally I always have and still believe that Leblanc will be a solid player. I don't think he will be first line, but I believe that he'll be the kind of guy you can plug on the wing on the first 2 lines to have a gritty winger that crashes the net. That's his game, and it's something the Habs can certainly use. He's basically a grinder with hands, and manages to produce even if it's not through incredible dikes, cannon shots or perfect passes through the crease. I think that people really tend to underestimate what he can bring due to his lack of flashiness compared to some other prospects.

That does not by any stretch means that he will be a savior. But I'm sure he'll bring something good to the team, and I was thinking the same before this game (which is a GREAT start for him though!)
I agree. People just don't learn. After seeing everywhere for years that Plekanec would never be more than a third liner and then seeing him doing much more than that for us...

I think Leblanc is more talented than Plekanec was at his age and with the same determination and work ethic, I think it's foolish to put a ceiling on his potential at this time.

Old
10-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Protest the Hero

Louis plays le blanc way!

Old
10-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/video/in...autostart=true

Great deke for the OT winner!!!! And what a great pass by Engqvist.

Old
10-28-2011, 12:11 AM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopreneur View Post
People are giving up on him??
People just don't realize that......he played for the Montreal Junior....the most defensive team in the CHL last season. Ya, he only had 58 points in 51 games for them last season...which was 3rd in team scoring.....but the Junior were 46-12-5-5.....the 3rd best in the league.

He averaged a point per game in the WJC, he is a strong 2 way forward, who will continue to develop this season in the AHL. He needs to bulk up, but he's gonna be a top 6 forward, he has a great shot, and he is a strong skater. You doubters just suck.

Old
10-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/video/in...autostart=true

Great deke for the OT winner!!!! And what a great pass by Engqvist.
Announcer is amazing.

Old
10-28-2011, 12:28 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Heard about Leblanc's great game on the radio and just watched the highlights...good stuff! Really nice to see.

Beauty goal call by Derek Wills on the OT winner too

Old
10-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Ra
satan is my homie

I see Leblanc as a player that needs good players to look good. In other words, he can't be good alone but if he plays with smart players, he can be more then a 3rd center IMO.

Old
10-28-2011, 01:00 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Leblanc can be a great complementary top 6 forward...

Old
10-28-2011, 01:18 AM
Macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
I see Leblanc as a player that needs good players to look good. In other words, he can't be good alone but if he plays with smart players, he can be more then a 3rd center IMO.
Which is exactly what Jodoin and the Bulldogs gave him for his first pro game, good players to look good : Andreas Engqvist and Andrew Conboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Leblanc can be a great complementary top 6 forward...
How about an integral part of a solid top six instead of a complimentary one ?

Last edited by Mike8: 10-28-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old
10-28-2011, 01:29 AM
HTTP 400

vCash: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Heard about Leblanc's great game on the radio and just watched the highlights...good stuff! Really nice to see.

Beauty goal call by Derek Wills on the OT winner too
Yeah! And as a franco, I appreciate that he actually pronounces it correctly. Job well done Derek, as usual.

Good start for Leblanc. Keep working kid, we'll need you in time.

Old
10-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
I see a definite similarity between theses LL descriptions and those of Kyle Chipchura back in the days. Hopefully, it'll turn out better.
I see nothing similar. Kyle had leadership but zero grit and was a slow skater. He was made to be a third liner(and in the end he wasn't even that).

Leblanc is naturally more of a skills guy. Not only can he skate but anyone that have seen him play, the guy is pretty creative. Never seen a third liner do what he does with the puck.

Old
10-28-2011, 01:56 AM
NewHabsEra*

I think its unfair to value this young guy on a year he played injured all along.. I dont know if you ever played with one shoulder, I didnt but I guess you just cant play at the level you want.. Personally I see alot of Patrice Bergeron in this kid, nothing flashy but how much effective all around.. clutch goals at the right time..

Old
10-28-2011, 02:36 AM
Roulin

Great pro debut for Leblanc! Let's hope he keeps it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants19 View Post
People just don't realize that......he played for the Montreal Junior....the most defensive team in the CHL last season. Ya, he only had 58 points in 51 games for them last season...which was 3rd in team scoring.....but the Junior were 46-12-5-5.....the 3rd best in the league.

He averaged a point per game in the WJC, he is a strong 2 way forward, who will continue to develop this season in the AHL. He needs to bulk up, but he's gonna be a top 6 forward, he has a great shot, and he is a strong skater. You doubters just suck.
Not to say LL will or won't become what you think he will, but I don't think these specific arguments hold water. The Montreal Junior scored 263 goals in 68 games, good for 3.87 goals per game, 4th best in an 18 team league. They may have been good defensively, but they were also good offensively, I don't think they held Leblanc back.

1ppg for Team Canada in the WJC is not evidence of a future NHL scorer. Brayden Schenn racked up 18 points in 7 games, 2.57ppg.

Old
10-28-2011, 03:54 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Louis Leblanc's bossssss. Like I've always said, if Leblanc turns out to be a player similar to Patrice Bergeron, we're freakin in business.
hey oooooh... lets not get too excited now

Old
10-28-2011, 03:59 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

That was a beauty.

Old
10-28-2011, 05:30 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

I would say if anything held him back, it was his injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Great pro debut for Leblanc! Let's hope he keeps it up.

Not to say LL will or won't become what you think he will, but I don't think these specific arguments hold water. The Montreal Junior scored 263 goals in 68 games, good for 3.87 goals per game, 4th best in an 18 team league. They may have been good defensively, but they were also good offensively, I don't think they held Leblanc back.

1ppg for Team Canada in the WJC is not evidence of a future NHL scorer. Brayden Schenn racked up 18 points in 7 games, 2.57ppg.

Old
10-28-2011, 07:43 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Nice game by Louis. Expectations are now going to be set way too high.

Old
10-28-2011, 08:01 AM
WestIslander

I don't understand why a lot of you are calling Leblanc a THIRD LINE CENTRE or ELITE THIRD LINE CENTRE???

He has the potential to be a second line centre and play with top line wingers like Pacioretty and Cammalleri, this kid skates well, passes well, sets up plays well and even plays with an edge and goes in front of the net and into the corners if needed.

Leblanc is a lot like Bergeron in Boston, but the only reason Bergeron was a third line centre was because of the depth at that position in Boston, he is easily a top two centre on any other team in the league and in Boston now.

I would love to see Eller and Leblanc as the top two centres of the future and possibly Desharnais in the mix if he is not traded.

Old
10-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Impressive that he was playing the point on that first PP. Nice shot from the blue line. And that deke in OT was nice as well.

I guess Leblanc isn't a bust anymore... for a few more days!

Old
10-28-2011, 08:23 AM
SeriousHabs

We should all realize that Engqvist also had 3 points last night. Breathe in, breathe out, real slow. Feel better?

Old
10-28-2011, 08:33 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
wow a lot of people in the stand...

Old
10-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Kebekoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I don't understand why a lot of you are calling Leblanc a THIRD LINE CENTRE or ELITE THIRD LINE CENTRE???

He has the potential to be a second line centre and play with top line wingers like Pacioretty and Cammalleri, this kid skates well, passes well, sets up plays well and even plays with an edge and goes in front of the net and into the corners if needed.

Leblanc is a lot like Bergeron in Boston, but the only reason Bergeron was a third line centre was because of the depth at that position in Boston, he is easily a top two centre on any other team in the league and in Boston now.

I would love to see Eller and Leblanc as the top two centres of the future and possibly Desharnais in the mix if he is not traded.
Plekenec's upside was 3rd line center, then 2nd and now he's on the first line.
What about that?

Old
10-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Megaforce

Nice OT goal. Impressive. If he can rack up say 1.5 ppg he will be in the Pacioretty-Grabovski zone where you simply could not justify keeping him in the minors anymore.

There is a post-Corey-Locke threshold at which you cannot keep them down on the farm anymore.

Closed Thread