HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Bryzgalov ever be worth his contract?

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2011, 01:03 AM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

vCash: 500
Playing well after you've signed a big free agent deal is like working a day job after you've hit the lottery.

Old
10-27-2011, 07:07 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Fleury was unbelievably terrible to start last season until he got his act together and played really well. I don't think it's panic time yet.
And like the others said except for a few dumb mistakes most of the goals have been shotty defense. Definitely no time to panic yet. If they get wiped out by the Jets tonight then you might want to consider lifting up the safety guard and keep your hand hovering over the panic button. And that's only if they get WIPED OUT.

Old
10-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Wounded

Everyone blames Bryzgalov for yesterday's loss. Yes, he did not help the team, but its not his mistake, that Simmonds as well as Giroux cant hit even the empty netter. And it is not his fault that defenders let the attackers two or three rebounds. But the biggest problem is the Lavi's system, if its even possible to call it a system. Everyone is everywhere and noone is nowhere. No line is able to hold the puck in the offensive zone and draw a penalty. There is never a constant pressure, no control of a puck.

Old
10-27-2011, 07:31 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wounded View Post
Everyone blames Bryzgalov for yesterday's loss. Yes, he did not help the team, but its not his mistake, that Simmonds as well as Giroux cant hit even the empty netter. And it is not his fault that defenders let the attackers two or three rebounds. But the biggest problem is the Lavi's system, if its even possible to call it a system. Everyone is everywhere and noone is nowhere. No line is able to hold the puck in the offensive zone and draw a penalty. There is never a constant pressure, no control of a puck.
Right now we look like a team that doesn't have any idea what it's supposed to be.

Chalk that up to a young offensive core, a hurt leader, and a brand new goaltender.

Seriously, anyone who didn't expect communication growing pains obviously missed this entire offseason.

Blaming Bryzgalov is not going to help.

Old
10-27-2011, 07:39 AM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyrock View Post
Playing well after you've signed a big free agent deal is like working a day job after you've hit the lottery.
Except in this case, the day job is required in order to claim the lottery. So...no, they are nothing alike.

Old
10-27-2011, 08:10 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I really can't believe people are freaking out this early, especially after a 3-0 start that included a shutout. Have you guys ever seen an NHL season? Goalies on every team have bad games, sometimes a couple in a row! I know this is pretty shocking, but it is very rare for a goalie to go 82-0 with 82 shutouts. No matter how much he is getting paid.

Old
10-27-2011, 03:07 PM
PuckBoy33

We should have taken Vokoun

Just sayin'

Old
10-27-2011, 06:56 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Just sayin'
Atleast he wouldn't be around till were old and grey.

Old
10-28-2011, 07:18 AM
TOCxNJ

If you've watched any of the games, Bryz is not the whole issue. The defense is really soft and doing a terrible job in front of either goalie.

Old
10-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
If you've watched any of the games, Bryz is not the whole issue. The defense is really soft and doing a terrible job in front of either goalie.
Really. Its hard to play goal behind a epically bad defense. Even if I was in net I probably would have let up 1 or 2 goals in that game.

Old
10-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

I absolutely love Bryz's interview. I mean, I hate that he feels that way, but I love to see him own up. To me that says he can get back to where he was.

Old
10-28-2011, 08:44 AM
PuckBoy33

Flyers organization's relationship with Russian players.

Has been sour ever since that historic game against the Red Army team in 1976.

I challenge anyone to name one Russian player that has had a successful/long-term experience with the Flyers.

Is there something about Ruskies that rubs Mr. Snider the wrong way?

Old
10-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Jester

Mexicans, too.

Old
10-28-2011, 08:51 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
I absolutely love Bryz's interview. I mean, I hate that he feels that way, but I love to see him own up. To me that says he can get back to where he was.
Come on, man. He had a few bad games. Why would there be any question of whether he will play as well as he did a handful of games ago?

Old
10-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Orange Crush 89

When a team gives up 4 or 5 goals, I can allow for the cop out of blaming the defense. When 9 are scored against no one even has the right to even THINK about blaming defense. 5 goals on 15 shots? 4 goals on 10? Sorry, that means your goalies just ****ing suck. There's not even a valid point to be made otherwise.

Old
10-28-2011, 09:21 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
When a team gives up 4 or 5 goals, I can allow for the cop out of blaming the defense. When 9 are scored against no one even has the right to even THINK about blaming defense. 5 goals on 15 shots? 4 goals on 10? Sorry, that means your goalies just ****ing suck. There's not even a valid point to be made otherwise.
Have you seen the goals we've given up the past two games? Most of them are from such bad defending (often it's two or three players who ****s up their defensive coverage) it's a bit remarkable that it's happening on NHL level. Or they're from some more or less crazy bounces/deflections. Sure, there are a few where the goalies could have done a better job. Bobrovsky probably would like to get the second goal from last night back. Bryzgalov didn't do much on the 8th, although on that particular goal I don't think anyone played defense. In the loss to Montreal, I think Bryzgalov is out of position on the fifth goal, the other goals you can't really fault him.

Could our goalies have made more saves? Sure. And I guess you could argue that when we pay Bryzgalov what we're paying him, we expect him to bail out our defense more often. I'm still more concerned with our team defense than I am about our goalies, from the past two games however.

Old
10-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
That's exactly the other way round. Two obviously talented goaltenders both take a night off? Not very likely. Shots aren't just numbers. The D just fell apart. Not just in this game. Why ist the question Laviolette should know the answer to.

Old
10-28-2011, 09:31 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:
Has been sour ever since that historic game against the Red Army team in 1976.

I challenge anyone to name one Russian player that has had a successful/long-term experience with the Flyers.

Is there something about Ruskies that rubs Mr. Snider the wrong way?
The Flyers were the first team to draft a Russian, so, no.

Old
10-28-2011, 09:48 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
The Flyers were the first team to draft a Russian, so, no.
Wow. Thought you were MSE for a second. Props.

Old
10-28-2011, 09:55 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

I'm just worried his will is shattered. I've never heard an athlete go all emo like that before

Old
10-28-2011, 10:43 AM
PuckBoy33

B.A. Bryzgalov

He comes off as an arrogant S.O.B. and a real smartmouth. A white Emery. Did you catch his "routine" on the "Meet the Flyers" program? Fumbles with English on purpose to get laughs. What a ******. He needs to change his attitude.

Hey SignMan, here's one for you to incorporate into one of your hoaky signs:

Ilya BumSteerLov

Old
10-28-2011, 11:29 AM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wounded View Post
Everyone blames Bryzgalov for yesterday's loss. Yes, he did not help the team, but its not his mistake, that Simmonds as well as Giroux cant hit even the empty netter. And it is not his fault that defenders let the attackers two or three rebounds. But the biggest problem is the Lavi's system, if its even possieble to call it a system. Everyone is everywhere and noone is nowhere. No line is able to hold the puck in the offensive zone and draw a penalty. There is never a constant pressure, no control of a puck.
Add defencive zone turnovers adn you and I will be on the same page.

And if Lavi wants to see an example of a coached team he must not look farther than Pens (and I hate them).

Old
10-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
He comes off as an arrogant S.O.B. and a real smartmouth. A white Emery. Did you catch his "routine" on the "Meet the Flyers" program? Fumbles with English on purpose to get laughs. What a ******. He needs to change his attitude.

Hey SignMan, here's one for you to incorporate into one of your hoaky signs:

Ilya BumSteerLov

10-28-2011, 11:54 AM
number72

I think the media will love the interviews Bryz provides and he will certainly earn his contract from that view.

Old
10-28-2011, 12:02 PM
phillyfanatic

Anybody else looking to buy 1 get 2nd at 40% Addition Elle 14+ Bras? That Ad is saving this website today

Closed Thread