HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc's first pro game tonight ! 1g 2a GWG in OT!

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2011, 08:32 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Thanks a lot. I don't want to take advantage of you but since you're here (), how has Conboy looked so far this season? I've always hope that he would take Moen's spot on the fourth line next year.
Conboy hasn't really stood out but the shot he had on the goal last night was nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
I see Leblanc as a player that needs good players to look good. In other words, he can't be good alone but if he plays with smart players, he can be more then a 3rd center IMO.
I think Leblanc is very skilled so I don't agree that he needs good players to look good, I think he can make others look better.

Old
10-28-2011, 08:32 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
I see Leblanc as a player that needs good players to look good. In other words, he can't be good alone but if he plays with smart players, he can be more then a 3rd center IMO.
Why do you say that? He has mostly always been the best player on each team he has played on.

Old
10-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I find it comical that because LL is gritty and good defensively that he automatically gets pegged "3rd line checking center". Mikko Koivu had those attributes when he was young and he is a #1 center in Minny, maybe #2 on about 3-5 NHL teams but being a good 2 way player and gritty doesn't prevent a guy from also having sklill.

Last year with Montreal Jr the system had a bit of an impact on his numbers, but also the fact that he played half those games with a bum shoulder. when you are a guy that plays physical and goes to the net, having a bad shoulder forces you to adjust your game and not be as good/effective. C-O Roussel saw his numbers go from 54 to 30 points going from Shawinigan to Montreal so the system was probably a factor.

Old
10-28-2011, 08:41 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I thought this was worthy of its own thread:

Louis Leblanc's first pro game tonight.

"Hamilton head coach Clément Jodoin has him skating on a line with wingers Andrew Conboy and Andreas Engqvist...“It’s his first pro game,” the coach says. “I said, ‘Louis, let’s go one step at a time.’ ”

hamilton spectator article

Might be a good last season call up to big team. Give us some scoring depth at center

Old
10-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

If he scored at a 1.5 PPG clip this year as a Dog he could make the team right out of camp next year and supersede Gomez.

Old
10-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
If he scored at a 1.5 PPG clip this year as a Dog he could make the team right out of camp next year and supersede Gomez.
If he really keeps up this pace (I doubt it very much), he'll be with the Habs before the playoffs.

Old
10-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Why do you say that? He has mostly always been the best player on each team he has played on.
I'm talking at the NHL level. I don't see him as a player like Crosby that makes others around him better, but he's smart enough to be productive in a offensive role. If that make sense lol

Old
10-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
We should all realize that Engqvist also had 3 points last night. Breathe in, breathe out, real slow. Feel better?
I'm sure Engqvist did, playing at a level better suited for his abilities.

Old
10-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I don't understand why a lot of you are calling Leblanc a THIRD LINE CENTRE or ELITE THIRD LINE CENTRE???

He has the potential to be a second line centre and play with top line wingers like Pacioretty and Cammalleri, this kid skates well, passes well, sets up plays well and even plays with an edge and goes in front of the net and into the corners if needed.

Leblanc is a lot like Bergeron in Boston, but the only reason Bergeron was a third line centre was because of the depth at that position in Boston, he is easily a top two centre on any other team in the league and in Boston now.

I would love to see Eller and Leblanc as the top two centres of the future and possibly Desharnais in the mix if he is not traded.
If needed? Corners are actually Leblanc's house, or comfort zone if you prefer.

If this guy has any elite skill, it has to be his way to cycle the puck down low, with hassle and grittiness but also with deceiving finesse. He always finds the way to come out of the corners with possession of the puck, it's a treat to watch! Obviously, we'll have to see how he fares at doing that with real men though...

I've been very impressed with Louis so far. I'm worried like anyone else that he might be slightly too fragile for the type of game he plays, but I'll still always prefer one injury-prone Louis over two healthy Pouliots!

Old
10-28-2011, 10:38 AM
FlyingRat

But can he win faceoffs?

Old
10-28-2011, 11:09 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
If he really keeps up this pace (I doubt it very much), he'll be with the Habs before the playoffs.
I expect the habs to bring him up for a few games, just like what they did with Pernell Karl.

Old
10-28-2011, 11:11 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
But can he win faceoffs?
He didn't have good numbers because of his shoulder last year and they don't seem to want to play him as a center so far so I guess he'll be played as a winger.

Old
10-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
But can he win faceoffs?
But can he fight?

Old
10-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Can Gomez play wing?

Old
10-28-2011, 12:00 PM
No Team Needed

If Leblanc can stay healthy, Leblanc will be a star on the Canadiens. Not a star in the NHL, but a star on the Canadiens. He'll be a lot like where Plekanec is now. People will know who he is and be impressed by his play but he'll only make an all-star team if Subban and Price are injured. He's exactly the kind of guy the team needs. Montreal will never be big but they need guys who can play through big guys and that'll be Louie Louie.

Old
10-28-2011, 12:12 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Can Gomez play wing?
Maybe he can play in goal as our second back up...

Old
10-28-2011, 12:14 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Alright guys, this has gotten a bit off topic. You guys know where you can go if you want to talk about the dogs or leblanc's progress in the AHL

Closed Thread