HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat the Bruins 2-1

Old
10-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Worst Cup winning team in NHL history? Worst Cup winning team in NHL history.
Tim Thomas won them that cup.

And Chara for finishing off Pacioretty for the season... otherwise...

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 10:48 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Don't waste time with the Bruins fans or on the Bruins board. They are not the sharper tools in the box. They still live in the 70's.
Well, the Bruins "we are so tough" marketing strategy targets professional wrestling fans. That's kinda what you're seeing. Except on a hockey rink the blood is real.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 10:56 AM
smack66

[QUOTE=AHMB Prez;38610587]I love watching the knuckle draggers when they lose ! Same thing everytime.
Dummer than a door stop.[/QUOT

smack66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 10:58 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Reading the bRuins last few pages of the GDT is quite hilarious. So many of their fans are saying how Subban is a coward for fighting Marchand because he's a smaller player... News flash people, Marchand was the one that wouldn't let **** go.

Also I guess that makes Chara the biggest coward in the league when he fights other players + cheap shots people left and right...
I think a lot of people forget that Subban is only 5'10, he isn't even that tall.

LOL, apparently he is 6 feet actually.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Reading the bRuins last few pages of the GDT is quite hilarious. So many of their fans are saying how Subban is a coward for fighting Marchand because he's a smaller player... News flash people, Marchand was the one that wouldn't let **** go.

Also I guess that makes Chara the biggest coward in the league when he fights other players + cheap shots people left and right...
You can't really have a good hockey conversation with a bruins fan, they just ignore everything and believe only what they want

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Habs are currently 6th in the league in 5-on-5 GF/GA. I hope that trend continues.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:06 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

I could do without the fighting, TBH.

I mean, there are games, where if youre teammate gets hit an a really cheap way, someone takes a run at your goalie, etc and you want to get in someones face, fine.

But the cheap shots and random glove drops and frustrated, senseless, jump a man when he isn't read for it stuff I could do without.

On any team, mind you, not just boston.

Ill be honest, my first game I ever went to all I wanted to see was fights. But I didn't get it then. After I chose to really learn the sport, I realized how insignificant it actually is to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
You can't really have a good hockey conversation with a bruins fan, they just ignore everything and believe only what they want
I resent that

LoneWolf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
I could do without the fighting, TBH.

I mean, there are games, where if youre teammate gets hit an a really cheap way, someone takes a run at your goalie, etc and you want to get in someones face, fine.

But the cheap shots and random glove drops and frustrated, senseless, jump a man when he isn't read for it stuff I could do without.

On any team, mind you, not just boston.

Ill be honest, my first game I ever went to all I wanted to see was fights. But I didn't get it then. After I chose to really learn the sport, I realized how insignificant it actually is to the game.

I resent that
You're a Habs fan LW

Old
10-28-2011, 11:11 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticaActual View Post
Leaf fan here. I'm happy you guys put the Bruins in their place, forcing them to be dead last in the conference. Great job with the win to your Habs. The team deserves kudos especially for recovering from the Plekanec's fluky own goal. I hope you guys beat the Bruins on Saturday.
I guess that's one thing both Leaf and Hab fans can agree on.. We both have a serious dislike for the Bruins..

The Bruins being the champs will be the measuring stick for other NHL teams this year so they better be prepared for the other teams best effort trying to knock off the champs.. With everyone gunning for them on a nightly basis there won't be many easy nights for them this season..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:12 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
You're a Habs fan LW
Hahahahahahahahaha.

Im not a habs fan.

Im a hockey fan that has respect for a deserving organization. Tis all.

Whatever the outcome, I enjoyed the game. I like having the habs in town however I prefer to watch both teams at the belle center.

I cant stand the boston "fans" at the Garden during Habs games. It gets so bad they fight eachother. Bruins fans, I mean.

And most of them couldn't even tell you what Icing is.

These people that go for the hopes of a fight take away ticket oppurtunities for those that want to go for the love of the game.

Old
10-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Habs are currently 6th in the league in 5-on-5 GF/GA. I hope that trend continues.
It's really just how JM (and Pearn) handled special units that made us suck early in the season even though most other aspects of our game didn't suck.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Perrah

Quote:
The sad part is you are right for the majority. You can show them video evidence, on record statements, etc etc and they will just ignore you and continue on spewing the same retarded ****, but god forbid if the same thing happened to a bruin then it is completely different. There are only like 3-6 posters that you can have an objective discussion with.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:40 AM
SB164

renhockey Renaud P Lavoie
#canadiens Jacques Martin (with a smile) on PK Subban: "I don't think he's a fighter".

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
renhockey Renaud P Lavoie
#canadiens Jacques Martin (with a smile) on PK Subban: "I don't think he's a fighter".

Good, he did what he had to do now concentrate on scoring PK

Old
10-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Good, he did what he had to do now concentrate on scoring PK
And playing the penalty kill.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:00 PM

I don't have his exact numbers, but just off memory...seems Nokelainen has been an ace in the faceoff circle.

Habs desperately needed a right handed faceoff ace

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
The sad part is you are right for the majority. You can show them video evidence, on record statements, etc etc and they will just ignore you and continue on spewing the same retarded ****, but god forbid if the same thing happened to a bruin then it is completely different. There are only like 3-6 posters that you can have an objective discussion with.
You ever listened to sports radio in Boston? I mean, that's what they're being fed with every day, how they're so honorable and taking the high road all the time and every other team is a bunch of weasel divers (well, Habs of course to a whole other level for them). Every dirty punch thrown by a Bruins in a scrum is 'showing emotion'. Lucic shows emotion a good 15 times a game. It's disgusting really, I just tend to change channel whenever they're talking hockey, even though that's actually the sport I care the most about, but their rhetoric is sickening.

For having listened to both Montreal and Boston's media extensively, trust me the portrait of other teams made in Montreal is MUCH more accurate (and respectful) than what you get in Boston. And they still talk every time as if Montreal has some massive advantage in terms of referees even though last season they had the worse differential of PP/PK in the league...

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Expect Lucic and Horton to chase Subban around all Saturday. Same BS that happened after Pouliot *****-slapped Krejci when he bit off more than he could chew.
It's times like this that I wish the Habs had someone like Colton Orr or Matt Carkner on the roster to put a serious beating on those two dooshbags.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:17 PM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I don't have his exact numbers, but just off memory...seems Nokelainen has been an ace in the faceoff circle.

Petteri Nokelainen
Against FLA:
4-4 100%

Against PHI:
2-5 40%

Against BOS:
7-11 64%

I do believe I have his overall for the three games (85% ish 17-20?) and his percentage against each ind. player hes faced somehwere as well, if you need them.

I figured this was sufficient.

Old
10-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

He has been good but he did lose both faceoffs in the last minute last night, I'm sure things will start going in his favor and what a improvement on Engqvist, bit difference so far even if it's only been 3 games

Old
10-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

at the Bruins board, they got a thread about what fights they wanna see in the future. Some guy wants to see Chara vs Pacioretty.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:21 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
It's times like this that I wish the Habs had someone like Colton Orr or Matt Carkner on the roster to put a serious beating on those two dooshbags.
We don't have that type of player. Too bad. Let's endure and paray that no serious injuries gonna happen.

All our goons are working in front of cameras: Laraque, Morrisset, Cicone, Stock....

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:22 PM
OneSharpMarble

It is like clockwork, last minute of play and the bruins are losing? Here come the cheap shots. What a cowardly team. Lol at people who think boston isnt a bubble team because they floated into a cup.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:23 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
at the Bruins board, they got a thread about what fights they wanna see in the future. Some guy wants to see Chara vs Pacioretty.
They are reaching a historic low...

What do they have in their water in Boston ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:23 PM
windycity

BTW, why didn't Lucy get a roughing penalty when he punched Moen in the face with his gloved hand late in the game? I mean apart from the refs sucking?

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote