HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Can we all just relax for a minute?

Old
10-28-2011, 01:45 PM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
i propose we stop calling out shutouts and game scores and such before puck drops..

whateva it takes to rid us of this godam curse..

i'll just limit myself to "go flyers go" and other such banter, but no guessing of game outcomes..

i dont have a chicken or a goat to sacrifice, so this is what i can do to help i guess.

lets GO Flyers.
LOL. I officially retired my 18 Richards jersey since I wore it at the LA game and each game since. It was CLEARLY the reason for all this, so it has now been neatly packed away. Curse lifted.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Czech Your Math

vCash: 50
I'm all for taking a step back and being calm.

Still, some have said that the team's fast start increased expectations to an unrealistic level. That may be so, but my expectations didn't change in such a short span and mainly included things such as:

- making the playoffs, and not on the last weekend either

- not giving up 9 goals, esp. at home to Wpg. on 25 shots

Again, I understand Pronger's out, that the team had just played a road game the night before, etc. However, the 3-1 deficit after one period should have been enough to wake up a competent team to play some semblance of hockey. Instead, it just got worse. The only saving grace was that the team scored 8 goals, or the rush to the panic room would be even greater. Heads will roll because of this disaster, it just may take a month or two.

Also, next game there will be fighting, lots of it. This is the Flyers, right? Yes, so it might be "Last stand of the Goons"

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

I can accept that this is a young team and there will be growing pains. I can accept that there will be some blunders out there on the ice. I can even accept losing games this year to help the young players grow.

I will not accept games like last night losing 9-8, giving up 9 goals on 25 shots. I will not accept giving up 5 goals to Montreal in just a terrible defensive performance.

I expect this team to compete each night but when they are playing below their potential I will boo and I will voice my displeasure. This team isn't going to compete for the President's trophy or even the division title, but I still expect playoffs and with the performances we've seen the last 3-4-5 games this team is playing far below the expectations that I had at the beginning of the year.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
LOL. I officially retired my 18 Richards jersey since I wore it at the LA game and each game since. It was CLEARLY the reason for all this, so it has now been neatly packed away. Curse lifted.
thinkign of doing the same..

both loss's recently i've been wearing my jersey, other games this season ive not..

perhaps its time to watch in reg. clothing..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:29 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Last edited by jd2210: 10-28-2011 at 04:37 PM.
jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Czech Your Math

The key will be getting Pronger back at practice at least. Perhaps he can instill some calm and order into the defense and help them understand the system. If that doesn't work, it might be a sign that it's not (just) players' heads who are gonna roll.

Old
10-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
The key will be getting Pronger back at practice at least. Perhaps he can instill some calm and order into the defense and help them understand the system. If that doesn't work, it might be a sign that it's not (just) players' heads who are gonna roll.
...it isn't like most of the D is new. If Carle, Coburn, and Mez don't know it by now, they never will.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:43 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I think we should take something out of Stevens' book in the fact we should take some time to go on a camping trip of sorts to gain trust and communication between teammates. That was a really good thing that I think Stevens did do that I think Lavy should do now, especially since we are in such disarray.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Czech Your Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
...it isn't like most of the D is new. If Carle, Coburn, and Mez don't know it by now, they never will.
Then at least one of them needs to be traded (packaged with one of the excess forwards and possibly picks) or coach needs to go soon.

Just inexcusable IMO. Not freaking out, but if a couple d-men in their contract years are part of that performance, probably one of them needs to go.

That might give the others a little incentive to pay attention and learn the system better.

I might be totally wrong, but that's my opinion.

Old
10-28-2011, 08:08 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Know what time it is? LEIGHTON TIME ! ow Bryzgalov would have to feel superior to a guy made a puddin

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Czech Your Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I think we should take something out of Stevens' book in the fact we should take some time to go on a camping trip of sorts to gain trust and communication between teammates. That was a really good thing that I think Stevens did do that I think Lavy should do now, especially since we are in such disarray.
That's a scary thought. If these guys camp like they play defense, they won't be able to start a fire with a flamethrower and will let squirrels "camp out" in the crease of the tent for days on end.

Old
10-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
That's a scary thought. If these guys camp like they play defense, they won't be able to start a fire with a flamethrower and will let squirrels "camp out" in the crease of the tent for days on end.
The squirrels would also eat all of their food and they wouldn't know how to stop it. They'd all just stand around and watch helplessly as Bryz tries to fend off all the squirrels himself.

10-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Czech Your Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
The squirrels would also eat all of their food and they wouldn't know how to stop it. They'd all just stand around and watch helplessly as Bryz tries to fend off all the squirrels himself.
Seriously, I smell a movie here. Send out the casting call to Pee Wee Herman, Adam Sandler, Paulie Shore, Rob Schneider, and the ilk. It would be like a kiddie version of the Hangover or something.

Old
10-29-2011, 05:57 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:

Carle would be losing the physical battle along the trees, Shelley would be getting punched back by grass, Hartnell would fall at least 7 times a minute.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:45 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
They would mistake Briere as one of their own and try to mass mate him.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Even if we did fail for Nail, we'd lost the lottery, so there is no point in that.

The only thing that really concerns me is the durability of Pronger. If Pronger is healthy, I think the team will be OK. Not necessarily great, but they'd be OK. he is without a doubt the most important player on the team. I'm not going to get worried until either Pronger is out for the season, or until Pronger returns and we lose 9-8.

Bryzgalov can't get worse, so he'll only get better.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 10:26 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Unless injures ravage this team, we won't be quite that bad. It wouldn't surprise me if we finished anywhere from 4th to 11th though.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote