HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happens when we are 100% healthy?

Old
10-28-2011, 12:54 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I don't know, because it probably will never happen. But one thing I know for sure: Nokelainen will not be benched. Ever.

This is my lineup:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - Gomez - Gionta
Darche - Nokelainen - White

Markov - Gorges
Campoli - Subban
Spacek - Weber
Gill-Diaz
XXXXX - Emelin

If Gomez starts to really suck hard, then Desharnais can replace him. Otherwise i see no place for him on this team. Eventually people will realize that Desharnais is slower less competitive version of Nathan Gerbe, and Gerbe plays 4th line wing for the Sabres. Desharnais is not as fast as Gomez and is not as good a passer. He's better value than Gomez, but if you got mad dough like the Habs so, who cares about value at this point?

The defense will never be healthy, but if it was, Gill would play every once in a while, and then full time during the playoffs when games get really tight. The defense is really rag-tag even with Markov in there. The most dependable D's are really small. I honestly don't know how to make appropriate pairings with them.

Anyway, this is all fantasy stuff. All i know is this:

Eller is the real deal and should be on the PP playing center rather than Desharnais.

The Nokelainen deal was great, and we now have a real 4th line center who's talented and gritty--exactly what all the best teams have.

Diaz is playing well and should be given more responsibility within his pairing. Gill handles the puck way too much in his own zone. The coaches need to encourage Diaz to do the heavy lifting with the puck, because, as a rookie, he's probably waiting for their (coaches) cue to do so.

When Gomez comes back he needs to be on a short leash. If he doesn't play with the intensity that others are showing, he needs to be benched. I don't think his talent or skill is questionable--it's his willingness to play 60 minutes.

Price is awesome. Patches is the best. Subban kicks butt. Go Habs.
Show me the stats ! Eller is soooooooooo productive... Eller will be an excellent third line center, no more no less. If he can become as good as Staal in Pitts, I will be more than glad.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
It's not the lines, it's just a list of players in there respective positions, I think they call it a "depth chart", you might want to look into that.
You post your depth chart in the form of a line-up, in a thread called "What happens when we are 100% healthy?" Yeah, right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Given the context that you were the poster I don't see why you think it's so far fetched for him to expect the guy who posts his preferred line-ups on a regular basis to be... posting his preferred line-up once again.

Maybe that's something you should look into bro.
Thanks for the backup bro. Us West-Islanders have to stick together. Except for WestIslander, he's not part of the cool club.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Bloumeister
#JeSuisCharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
It's not the lines, it's just a list of players in there respective positions, I think they call it a "depth chart", you might want to look into that.
I googled it.

I'm confused.

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Show me the stats ! Eller is soooooooooo productive... Eller will be an excellent third line center, no more no less. If he can become as good as Staal in Pitts, I will be more than glad.
I can just see it. Stats don't always tell the story. I think he's really come into his own this year and the points will come, i'm sure of it.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:27 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I can just see it. Stats don't always tell the story. I think he's really come into his own this year and the points will come, i'm sure of it.
How come 4 coaches and a GM don't see it ?

Eller have all the attributes but it's gonna take time to put them together. Right now, he is the ideal 3rd center for this team. He is no better than DD on faceoffs and he could not score even in a soccer net.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Well if anything this thread has made me realize that the actual team will never bench Gomez

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

And by bench I mean scratched on a couch.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:47 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I think you're forgetting our best defenseman to start the year...
No, subban is on there

Subban is averaging 24mins a night against top competition, Weber 20 minutes against weaker opponents even in the games he started on D, it's Subban and it's not even close.

Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 10-28-2011 at 02:53 PM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:00 PM
PricePkPatch

When Markov will be back, and a proven performer again.. If DD and Eller both proved to be consistently reliable, we could trade away some of our Ds and Gomez for a top Winger..

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:03 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I think you're forgetting our best defenseman to start the year...
Who was it?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Cookie007

most realistic lineup we will ice with jack martin behind the bench (note this is NOT the lineup i want but the lineup i THINK)

Eller - Plekanec - Gionta
Cole - Desharnais - Cammalleri
Kostitsyn - Gomez - Pacioretty
Darche/White - Nokalaneien - Moen

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Spacek - Weber/Diaz/Emelin

Price
Budaj

This is not to say Eller will get 1st line min as I think minutes will even out with the special teams (Pleks playing both PK and PP, etc.)

Gomez with 2 snipers, if he doesn't produce I don't know if he can ever.

On Jack Martin team, Pleks usually goes up against other team top line, so Gionta and Eller are our other 2 defensive reliable players with offensive upside.

Then we have 2 scoring line and a 4th line that is energy type.

Cookie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:18 PM
guest1467

What is 100% healthy? I don't even...

know what that means.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
most realistic lineup we will ice with jack martin behind the bench (note this is NOT the lineup i want but the lineup i THINK)

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban

Price
Budaj

This is not to say Eller will get 1st line min as I think minutes will even out with the special teams (Pleks playing both PK and PP, etc.)

On Jack Martin team, Pleks usually goes up against other team top line, so Gionta and Eller are our other 2 defensive reliable players with offensive upside.

I think Desharnias and Gomez get flipped around but otherwise I think this is what we'd see. Possibliy Cole and Gionta get flipped too but that depends.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Lafleurs Guy

I'm pretty sure that when we get to be 100% healthy, we will win 100% of the next games we play for the next forever...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban

Price
Budaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I think Desharnias and Gomez get flipped around but otherwise I think this is what we'd see. Possibliy Cole and Gionta get flipped too but that depends.
Personally, I really like the DD-Cammy combo on a soft minute line, and on the PP. Lots of offense to be had, especially at home if JM can get the matchups he wants. I also like Cole as the first man in on the forecheck on that line.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Personally, I really like the DD-Cammy combo on a soft minute line, and on the PP. Lots of offense to be had, especially at home if JM can get the matchups he wants. I also like Cole as the first man in on the forecheck on that line.
I've been wanting Cammalleri off of Pleks' line since Cole got signed just for that reason. Free Cammalleri up from the D responsibilities that come with playing on Plek's wing. I think Gomez gets his shot (maybe his last) between Cammalleri/Cole when gets back, and that could work out as well as the current line with Desharnais.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
I've been wanting Cammalleri off of Pleks' line since Cole got signed just for that reason. Free Cammalleri up from the D responsibilities that come with playing on Plek's wing. I think Gomez gets his shot (maybe his last) between Cammalleri/Cole when gets back, and that could work out as well as the current line with Desharnais.
You might be right. We haven't had much of a chance to see Gomez with truly soft minutes. Eller's ES success is creating some interesting opportunities.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:56 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

With everyone healthy and noone moved I see JM going with:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Desharnais - Eller - Kostitsyn
Moen - Nokelainen - White
(Darche - Blunden)

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Campoli - Spacek
(Diaz - Weber
XXXXX - Emelin)

Price
Budaj

Though I'm hoping we can move some D and get Emelin and Weber in there...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 01:30 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
agreed, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
rest spacek and gill.

markov gorges
emelin subban
campoli diaz/weber
I think one of Spacek/Gill play in any game and allow Diaz-Weber-Emelin to get some NHL experience/exposure.

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 02:49 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
That's exactly what Martin gonna do. (should do...).

This will be our 18 million $ line ! You cannot loose with that.

Add Markov and Spacek (+ Price) to that and you got 50% of the salaries.

Last edited by habitue*: 10-29-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old
10-29-2011, 03:10 PM
HockeyHD
Rookie User

They will never bench Gomez because the coaching staff is too proud to admit that a player, making almost as much as Crosby, deserves some time in the press box.

HockeyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Harry Kakalovich

I like the idea of Gomez at LW.

Weber emerging and Spacek returning have been two key elements in the Habs recent win streak.

I agree that it is unlikely that the Habs can keep all three of Weber, Emelin, and Diaz for very much longer than this or maybe next year - but they are all three good young dmen. Having them could be really useful if ever there was a long playoff run. Right now, I think you'd have to qualify the situation as a good problem to have if the d gets healthier in the coming weeks/months.

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Marchy79

Goal is the easiest position on the team... Happilly

31 C. Price
30 P. Budaj

defence:

79 A Markov
74 A Emelin

IMO Markov will be a catalyst to have Emelin produce his best hockey here. Emelin will be on the ice to ensure no one takes pot shots at Markov, and will ultimately lead to being the top line pair.

26 J Gorges
76 PK Subban

Shutdown guy with our X factor. Subban provides the physical edge t gorges positioning, as well as he provides the offensive edge to Gorges defensive responsibility.

6 J Spacek
68 Y Weber

Spacho has tonnes of experience, and IMO will be beneficial in covering Weber's lapses.

75 H Gill

Can be added in for depth, IMO his experience will be useful when we get deeper in the season. After all, it was said his voice on the bench is that of almost an Asst. Coach. IMO he's going to be more useful in a limited role IMO.

Spare Piece:
17 C. Campoli

Unfortunately for him, he had a tremendous opportunity but he got injured, and is now on the outside looking in.

IMO Gauthier is probably going to swing a deal between the return of Markov and Campoli... just a guess though.

Because Diaz has the only ensured 2 way contract on the d roster... IMO he goes to Hamilton.

Forwards... IMO Blunden goes down when the next forward is needed to go anywhere.

Gomez is looking at Campoli territory if he cant ship up however.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:29 AM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Roster Moves

So when Kostitsyn then Markov come back and eventually Ryan White (hopefully around the new year), who do you see out of the line-up.

This is what i would do,

Cammy-Pleks-Gio
Patches-DD-Cole
AK-Eller-Moen
White-Nokalinen-Weber

Markov-Gorges
Gill-Subban
Diaz-Emelin

Scratches: Spacek, Gomez
Back To Hamilton: Palushaj, Darche(or keep him as a fill in)

Now i know many of you people are saying why Weber on forward. Well the main reason is he is the only one out of our 7,155 defensemen that can play forward and i would do the same thing they did with Streit. Streit turned out to be a good player and eventually a captain.
The d-man will likely be bit different, but that's who basically i would want in.
And yes Gomez would be a healthy scratch unless somehow JM can keep his minutes limited to like 10 on a 4th line role.
I also dont know what to do with Campoli because i would rather keep Emelin and Diaz in the NHL, but knowing JM Darche, Gomez, Spacek, and Campoli will all be in the line-up and Emelin will be sent down, Weber would be scratched and Eller will be playing on the 4th line with Nokalinen and Darche.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 09:31 AM
FrankMTL

Wouldn't it be awesome to have everybody healthy at once? I don't want to be negative, but it probably won't happen...When was the last time we had a full healthy roster? Game 1 of last season?

Last edited by FrankMTL: 11-24-2011 at 10:19 AM.
FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote