HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evander Kane

Old
10-27-2011, 06:09 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
Kane is not going to be traded from Winnipeg. As much as I'd love to have him, assets like him are rarely moved in trades unless it's to acquire a premium player.

Look at our roster and we have no one that qualifies as an established premium player. Obviously, JT is untouchable so he's out of the equation. The one player that other teams would drool for is Mark Streit and he's basically untouchable.

I never buy the rumors of player X is unhappy in X town so wants out. Unless they come outright and say it to the media then ok, but when does that really ever happen?

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Veteran journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Kane is not going to be traded from Winnipeg. As much as I'd love to have him, assets like him are rarely moved in trades unless it's to acquire a premium player.

Look at our roster and we have no one that qualifies as an established premium player. Obviously, JT is untouchable so he's out of the equation. The one player that other teams would drool for is Mark Streit and he's basically untouchable.

I never buy the rumors of player X is unhappy in X town so wants out. Unless they come outright and say it to the media then ok, but when does that really ever happen?

Good point. According to all the whisperers among the hockey media, Tavares was dying to get out of Long Island...

Veteran journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 06:37 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran journeyman View Post
Good point. According to all the whisperers among the hockey media, Tavares was dying to get out of Long Island...
Yes. If Kane got off to a hot start, would we even be talking about this? These reports are just bantha fodder.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:04 PM
TheBoss22

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
It is on ESPN's site today and they cite 2 other local Winnipeg sites that Evander Kane does not like Winnipeg head coach Claude Noel and wants out in a bad way.

What would it take to get this ideal player for the Islanders.

This is that forward that does not take crap and can score?

Bailey and a 1st and 2nd?
Okposo and a 1st?

We all know that he would be awesome playing alongside JT.
Evander Kane is the second coming of Keith Tkatchuk in Winnipeg.

As in "Hi, my name is Keith Tkatchuk wanna ****?"

He's a Bar Star who tries to cut deals with local clubs and restaurants to get everything paid for him and his friends in return for his appearance.

That rumour is not true.

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:37 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Yes. If Kane got off to a hot start, would we even be talking about this? These reports are just bantha fodder.

I thought the Sand People were starting this rumor. Oh well, I don't trust either. Kane isn't the droid you're looking for, folks.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:56 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Okposo + Haley and a 2nd

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:

But the fans want him here. Surely, we must be able to work out some sort of trade, like Bailey and a 5th. That sounds fair.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:25 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
But the fans want him here. Surely, we must be able to work out some sort of trade, like Bailey and a 5th. That sounds fair.
Isn't it clear by now that the organization seems to think little of what we fans have to say? I'd love to have Kane on this team, but that's about it. Garth has his plan and he sticks to it.

Do you really think he bats an eyelash that we want Evander Kane or whoever else we admire?

Old
10-29-2011, 03:34 AM
drive45

'12 good draft for defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Very true. How many 1st rounders has Washington traded away since the lockout? So along with having a sick NHL team, their prospect pool is still stacked with talent. Eakon, Holtby, Kuznetzov, Orlov and more. They are able to pay their top players their bucks, and when lesser players are ready for a raise, they can get it elsewhere because they have more young guns NHL ready at ELC.
This. With a draft that is supposed to be very deep with D-men, we could have a decent season this year, and still have a shot at guys like Griffin Reinhart or Slater Koekoek. And admit it, if the Isles draft Koekoek, you're going right out and buying that jersey; I know I am! So, no, I wouldn't deal a 1st rounder for anything that wasn't totally awesome

drive45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 04:26 AM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
It is on ESPN's site today and they cite 2 other local Winnipeg sites that Evander Kane does not like Winnipeg head coach Claude Noel and wants out in a bad way.

What would it take to get this ideal player for the Islanders.

This is that forward that does not take crap and can score?

Bailey and a 1st and 2nd?
Okposo and a 1st?

We all know that he would be awesome playing alongside JT.
No way on Bailey and a 1st and 2nd and no way on Okposo and a 1st. I would offer Bailey and a 1st or Bailey, Comeau and a 2nd. Okposo I would keep to see if he can pick it up. That line has to get hot eventually and you can already see Frans leading the way.

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Symon Asher

Kane isn't going anywhere . Three picks after JT in 2009. Winnepeg would want Niño or Strome plus a 2nd. They won't take Bailey. In 2 years or so if Bailey doesn't produce I would then consider him a bust.

Symon Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
In all honesty, no one will want to give up what it would take to get Kane: Okposo + 1st rounder + Bailey/Nino

He's a franchise player: two way forward, scorer and can play in any situation on the ice.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 06:50 PM
mabisles

Okposo + Bailey + Comeau for Kane + Bogassian

mabisles is offline   Reply With Quote