HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Brad Marchand Comments

Old
10-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Bob Cole

vCash: 500
I guess hes getting shipped out of boston asap now

Bob Cole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Subban needs to worry about playing and shouldn't care less what the bruins players of fans think of him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:30 PM
neofury*

I love where this thread is going.... not.

The fight was childish, stupid and could've cost us the game. Plain and simple. It was a sideshow and hated it every bit as much as I hated it when Georges did his stupid staged fights rather than just protecting our team. Worst part is PK is super talented so it hurts even more to see him waste away in the box.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatie View Post
Yeah, when Laraque turned down Lucic the Bruins fans screamed about it for years

. . . oh wait . . .

Nevermind!
No body whined about that incident. It kept getting brought up as an example of hypocracy on the part of Bruins fans. You had a good majority of Bruins fans whining that Komisarek wouldn't drop the gloves against Lucic, then when Laraque challenged Lucic you had a good portion of Bruins fans arguing that he didn't need to fight. Pure hypocracy.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Honestly... Who cares about any of this?

This is just going to be another one of those threads where two fanbases point the finger at each other and yell "See!"

Waste of time.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:34 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Please read...

This isn't about Marchand being afraid of Subban so much that some B's fans seemed to think Subban was avoiding a fight with Marchand at the beginning.
I don't think the B's fan in this thread suggested anything to the sort. He was discussing things quite respectfully.

Chill out.

I don't care what a handful of B's fans think.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:43 PM
jgatie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
No body whined about that incident. It kept getting brought up as an example of hypocracy on the part of Bruins fans. You had a good majority of Bruins fans whining that Komisarek wouldn't drop the gloves against Lucic, then when Laraque challenged Lucic you had a good portion of Bruins fans arguing that he didn't need to fight. Pure hypocracy.
Check the thread about "Fights you want to see" on the Bruins board. You'll see someone whining about it this very day. And Lucic was at least Komisarek's equal in value at that time (and very much more value than Komisarek now), neither of which you can say about Laraque.

jgatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Andy

Quote:
Check the thread about "Fights you want to see" on the Bruins board. You'll see someone whining about it this very day. And Lucic was at least Komisarek's equal in value at that time (and very much more value than Komisarek now), neither of which you can say about Laraque.
Yet there are people on your board who think it is okay for McQuaid to fight Cammalleri(I just finished reading that on your board).

Old
10-28-2011, 02:52 PM
jgatie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Yet there are people on your board who think it is okay for McQuaid to fight Cammalleri(I just finished reading that on your board).
And that is just as silly as Lucic fighting Laraque. Except noone in that thread is taking the McQuaid vs Cammalleri suggestion seriously . . . and they won't still be talking about it 3 years from now.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
And that is just as silly as Lucic fighting Laraque. Except noone in that thread is taking the McQuaid vs Cammalleri suggestion seriously . . . and they won't still be talking about it 3 years from now.
I wouldn't be surprised if the poster who said that wasn't being serious

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:05 PM
HockeyHD
Rookie User

Guys, it's called trolling. Calm down! Learn to trash talk a little. This thread was taken way out of context. I was simply pointing out that the Bruins fans made Marchand out to be this tough guy in the playoffs last year when, in reality, he was trying to fight with guys that didn't want to fight. Now that he's actually challenged, he hesitates?

Many Bruins fan also claim Subban never backs anything up. Well, Subban had 4 fighting majors his rookie year. How many did Marchand have? One?

Just pointing it out is all.

HockeyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:05 PM
jgatie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the poster who said that wasn't being serious
But no one else is taking it seriously, nor will they still be talking about it years from now. Yet there are still people who bring up the Lucic vs Laraque circus sideshow years later, as if it said anything about Lucic's game or toughnness. Get the point?

Old
10-28-2011, 03:38 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I don't think the B's fan in this thread suggested anything to the sort. He was discussing things quite respectfully.

Chill out.

I don't care what a handful of B's fans think.
Thanks brother, and yes, I am not on the B's board all that much and never in the GDTs, so I wasn't aware any Bruins fans were criticizing Subban for declining Marchand's supposed invites. Like I said, most of the Bruins fans I spoke with came away with more respect for Subban post-game.

Either way, history now. To be honest, I didn't think either team looked all that sharp last night. We were the better team in the first half or so, and you guys took over the latter half.

Bruins sure look like they have some issues to sort this season. I predict you guys win tomorrow night which leads to some changes to the Bruins roster next week.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:39 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Why making a huge thing with this thread? It was only funny because of the contradiction...

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:50 PM
HockeyHD
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Why making a huge thing with this thread? It was only funny because of the contradiction...
Yup, that was my point. I get ripped apart for pointing something pretty obvious out. Bunch of stiffs. Lighten up.

HockeyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:15 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Marchand won't turn him down again knowing that he can handle a guy 4 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier.

When was the last time a Hab fought a Bruin bigger than him?

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsButton View Post
Marchand won't turn him down again knowing that he can handle a guy 4 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier.

Last year, Cammalleri fought Krecji. Also Wisniewski fought Hnidy in the playoffs who was bigger. It's funny that you whine about a guy fighting another shorter than him, but krecji and Hnidy did it, it didn't bother you. More Boston fan hypocracy i guess. Now shoo.

Last edited by Andy: 10-28-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old
10-28-2011, 04:17 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Tom Pyatt

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:18 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

I thought Habs were smurfs so...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:22 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Unnecessary response, but whatever.

They fought, it was funny, and dare I say PK even earned a bit of respect last night from a lot of Bruins fans for actually going, and for his candid and humorous post game comments.
Yes the crowd rose to their feet when the gloves fell. But I don't want PK to pander to those fans' culture. I watch hockey for hockey. Not for scrums. Not for spearing. Not for national anthems, zambonis or don cherries. And not for fistfights.

Although the fight was sort of funny.

Go Habs Go !!!

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:23 PM
andy28

Quote:

Nobody really cares. The point is B's fans were all over Subban for turtling. We don't care if you guys can beat us in boxing.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Mike8

Quote:

Uhm, Pyatt vs Campbell?

White vs Boychuk?

Gorges vs Bergeron?

Spacek vs Boychuk

Wisniewski vs Hnidy.

In fact, the majority of recent fights, B's players have been bigger than Habs. Why do you pose such a question, anyway?

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:27 PM
crazybird87

Quote:

You guys from Boston are so tough , you never fight a smaller guy ... i guess

crazybird87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:28 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Yes the crowd rose to their feet when the gloves fell. But I don't want PK to pander to those fans' culture.

Go Habs Go !!!
Agreed. I would rather have Subban on the ice than off. I would also rather let someone else instigate and take a penalty.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:32 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
Agreed. I would rather have Subban on the ice than off. I would also rather let someone else instigate and take a penalty.
It would seem to me that even a 10 year-old hockey fan would find it more interesting and exciting to watch Subban play hockey than to watch him sitting in a box for 10 minutes. But different strokes for different folks.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote