HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Brad Marchand Comments

Old
10-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

vCash: 500
Plain and simple guys.

He should never fight unless something terrible happens to a teammate. Last night showed how young and green Subban still is in this league. Most vets would turn down Marchand unless they were actually fighters. Subban is our best dman and he was kinda selfish in a way to just forget about the game and try and fight 3 times. He needs to focus on playing not possibly breaking his hand. We need him. Maybe this will entice PG to actually pick up a tough guy?..Cause i know he is thinking the same thing I just said

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:55 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsButton View Post
Marchand won't turn him down again knowing that he can handle a guy 4 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier.

When was the last time a Hab fought a Bruin bigger than him?
The guy in your avatar was ******** himself when BGL asked him to drop the gloves. Real tough guy Lucy is. But when bruins fans explain it, he didn't want to get goated into it and was smart in doing so, but yet they proclaim that Subban HAS to drop them with bigger and tougher guys than him to get their "respect".

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:56 PM
TheBuriedHab

Nilan was just on the radio saying if PK planted his feet and if he could get a couple pointers he would cave Marchands face in. But like we said, let the bruins cry that PK aint fighting and let him just play hockey.

Old
10-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Marchand won't turn him down again knowing that he can handle a guy 4 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier.

go back to your board and stop ing. Did you see subban rag dolling him and throwing him around? So landing one punch on Subban means he can handle him?..lol so typical of the good ole bruins fans. Good luck this yr son.

Old
10-28-2011, 05:00 PM
GrangerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
Plain and simple guys.

He should never fight unless something terrible happens to a teammate. Last night showed how young and green Subban still is in this league. Most vets would turn down Marchand unless they were actually fighters. Subban is our best dman and he was kinda selfish in a way to just forget about the game and try and fight 3 times. He needs to focus on playing not possibly breaking his hand. We need him. Maybe this will entice PG to actually pick up a tough guy?..Cause i know he is thinking the same thing I just said
I think he was in the moment though, and maybe being goaded and stuff like that like he is against the B's..I thought it was alright and something he needed to do and get done. I think you'll see him concentrate on hockey from here on.

As for us getting more toughness on the team, it would be very welcome but sadly I do not think it is Gauthier or Martin's philosophy. Seeing our most promising forward suffer a serious injury and a game where our players literally got mugged didn't convince him some protection for our top players would be helpful, so it's doubtful that seeing a goon (Thornton) run our best D-Man will make much of an impression on him. Sad but true.

GrangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:00 PM
BackBringCam

Much as I love the animosity on the ice, I really don't understand the "hate" amongst fanbases on the internet. Boston without Montreal and vice versa would be pretty lame as I don't really see a Montreal VS Toronto/Ottawa or Boston VS Philly/NYR rivalry's anywhere close, good natured **** chucking back and forth is fun, but I don't get the "Your mother wears army boots' and the hatred amongst fans regarding millionaire athletes.
I hate the Habs with a passion, but many of my best freinds are die hard bleu blanc et rouge fans, and have nothing against any of you guys, though I realize there are crazies everywhere on both sides.

Enjoy Saturday I know I will

BackBringCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
Much as I love the animosity on the ice, I really don't understand the "hate" amongst fanbases on the internet. Boston without Montreal and vice versa would be pretty lame as I don't really see a Montreal VS Toronto/Ottawa or Boston VS Philly/NYR rivalry's anywhere close, good natured **** chucking back and forth is fun, but I don't get the "Your mother wears army boots' and the hatred amongst fans regarding millionaire athletes.
I hate the Habs with a passion, but many of my best freinds are die hard bleu blanc et rouge fans, and have nothing against any of you guys, though I realize there are crazies everywhere on both sides.

Copy and paste that and post it on the bruins board. Repeat if necessary .

Old
10-28-2011, 05:11 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
go back to your board and stop ing. Did you see subban rag dolling him and throwing him around? So landing one punch on Subban means he can handle him?..lol so typical of the good ole bruins fans. Good luck this yr son.
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/106163

BruinsBtn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:14 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

pretty clear now Marchand is a wanna be Habs, I mean, he didnt sucker punch PK when he was about to fall...

I'm surprised no one on the B board is blaming him for it...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:15 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Your basing that off random fans that are voting on the fight? How sad are you kid.

Old
10-28-2011, 05:16 PM
number 11

whatever, they got it over with and thats it. pk should rarely be fighting, we need him on the ice not in the box for 11 mins cuz of an idiot like marchand.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
subban 7 shots landed marchand 4. Marchand with the bigger shots but whatever. Just proves that all you care about is fighting. I'm not going to waste my time on such useless comments and crap people bring up in threads.

Old
10-28-2011, 05:25 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Thanks brother, and yes, I am not on the B's board all that much and never in the GDTs, so I wasn't aware any Bruins fans were criticizing Subban for declining Marchand's supposed invites. Like I said, most of the Bruins fans I spoke with came away with more respect for Subban post-game.

Either way, history now. To be honest, I didn't think either team looked all that sharp last night. We were the better team in the first half or so, and you guys took over the latter half.

Bruins sure look like they have some issues to sort this season. I predict you guys win tomorrow night which leads to some changes to the Bruins roster next week.
I think some habs fan see someone with a Bruin's avatar and automatically see red and any chance at a civil conversation is thrown out the door. I hate your team, but I have nothing against fans/posters of the teams I hate.

I thought we took over play from the 2nd period onwards. Our fore check was relentless and the B's D had trouble getting organized. The first period was all B's though.

Should be a great game again tomorrow and hopefully whoever loses doesn't make a panic move they'll regret.

Quote:

Why would it matter? What's the prize for fighting bigger B's players? Do we win something for that?

Should our small skilled players fight your bigger tough guys? Would that give the habs an advantage somewhere? We know we're small and not a good fighting team, but we don't get all caught up in that, because when the habs stick to their speed and skill game they're a tough match up for anyone.

I watch the B's often and when they trail they try the same stunts every time, it's all too predictable, often times looking like a bunch of sore losers.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 10-28-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Merged
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:36 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Your basing that off random fans that are voting on the fight? How sad are you kid.
On top of that we're one of the most hated teams in the league.

Most kids in the US who aren't fans of either team are just like "derp dee derp **** Canada" and vote for good o'l USA. I wonder if there's any bias

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:37 PM
BallroomBitz
What about Griffith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
The guy in your avatar was ******** himself when BGL asked him to drop the gloves. Real tough guy Lucy is. But when bruins fans explain it, he didn't want to get goated into it and was smart in doing so, but yet they proclaim that Subban HAS to drop them with bigger and tougher guys than him to get their "respect".
i totally agree with this statement...the only difference is that lucic backs up his mouth and subban might scrap once in a while, but he mouths off as much as a heavyweight.

...that's the only reason i think subban gets guff. he talks like a heavyweight and fights like a lightweight.

for the record, i'd rather he just shut up and play because he's one of the best skaters and puck handlers in the league...but he still sucks

BallroomBitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Why would it matter? What's the prize for fighting bigger B's players? Do we win something for that?

Should our small skilled players fight your bigger tough guys? Would that give the habs an advantage somewhere? We know we're small and not a good fighting team, but we don't get all caught up in that, because when the habs stick to their speed and skill game they're a tough match up for anyone.

I watch the B's often and when they trail they try the same stunts every time, it's all too predictable, often times looking like a bunch of sore losers.
dont forget they like to fight with odd numbers. Usually 2 vs 1 and 3 vs 1 Advantage bruins.

Old
10-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Leo Getz

Quote:
It does not surprise me in the least that Bruins fans spend all their time frequenting hockeyfights.com

Leo Getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
That nose is so damn big
He was one of their best players in last years playoffs, look past the uniform. If he were a hab everyone would love him.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:01 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
I don't understand what your point is? Guys turn down opportunities to fight all the time, even the toughest guys in the league.

Marchand clearly wasn't afraid of PK, despite giving up a lot of size.

It happened. It was pretty funny. It's over.

Not sure why in the world you'd call Bruins fans out over that.
Oh yea a lot of size. Because PK is a giant, right? And who jumped Subban in the first altercation? Wasn't it noseface? I thought all you folks said was "if you're gonna play that kinda game, you gotta back it up" Why did he hesitate the first time he was asked?

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:05 PM
HockeyHD
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post

That was my mindset until I experienced 8 away arenas for myself. My opinions on some "other" fans have changed since. Some team's fans are very classy; others not so much. You'd honestly be surprised how sports is sometimes taken out of context in some cities. Not denying that Montreal isn't one of those cities.

HockeyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Plain and simple guys.

Having a tough guy on the team isn't going to stop Subban fighting the likes of Marchand. Just like having tough guys on the Boston team doesn't stop Marchand fighting the likes of Subban.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:28 PM
GrangerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Having a tough guy on the team isn't going to stop Subban fighting the likes of Marchand. Just like having tough guys on the Boston team doesn't stop Marchand fighting the likes of Subban.
Marchand and Subban going at it for me is OK; Subban getting repeatedly run by Thornton is not. That's where the tough guy should come in and that's why we've always had them, particularly on the great Habs teams...except now we don't because our pacifist GM and coach don't believe in it.

GrangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Craig71

PK Subban has a bright future and is a very talented hockey player that would be better off keeping his gloves on. I know some posters on here were all pumped about PK being a troll and all that juvenile crap, but how would you feel today if he broke his hand and was gone for 6-8 weeks?

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Meh. Who cares. Only neanderthals beat their chest when a player says no to fighting. Just because one fan base thinks everyone else should fight their players and if they don't, they're cowards while if their players say no it's a smart move...

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 07:00 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
On top of that we're one of the most hated teams in the league.

Most kids in the US who aren't fans of either team are just like "derp dee derp **** Canada" and vote for good o'l USA. I wonder if there's any bias

That website, hockeyfights.com., is filled with the biggest Homers in the history of hockey.

A Boston Bruin has NEVER lost a fight at that website. If the Bruins fighter wins, he gets voted as the winner. If it was a close fight, the Boston fighter wins. If the Bruins fighter loses the fight, it is voted as a draw.

I used to go there to read the comments. What a waste of time with those folks over there.

With all that said, I agree that Subban does not need to be fighting. It was good for him to finally take on the big nose last night. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do even if it had the potential to be detrimental to the team.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote