HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre Houde's article: fine line

Old
10-28-2011, 01:05 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

vCash: 500
Pierre Houde's article: fine line

Pretty good read IMO, that put things in perspective:

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/329068.html

Since I don't have time to translate it (yeah yeah google translate, but it sucks), can someone else do it?
Thank you

Last edited by McSorleyStick: 10-28-2011 at 01:10 PM.
McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:06 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Pretty good read IMO, that put things in perspective:

Since I don't have time to translate it (yeah yeah google translate, but it sucks), can someone else do it?
Thank you

Wow, that picture RDS has of Houde makes him look like Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker without facepaint.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:10 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Wow, that picture RDS has of Houde makes him look like Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker without facepaint.
wow

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Bud2790

Good article though!

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 03:38 PM
habtastic

yup, as I've been thinking, despite a lot of unforgivable missed chances, we should have at least 3 more wins in the bag and it's been one-goal games. This injured team has actually been better than we think. Feels soooo good to be a Habs fan now, but in reality, like Houde said, it's cuz Carey (and Diaz) made some key saves and we were able to get some luck.

I'll say this:
Erik Cole has arrived, and it has made a difference. Eller ftw.

habtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:41 PM
RushDP

I was at the game when Miller stole the game. The very next game Fleury was once again the first star in a game where we out shot the Penguins. The Florida game was the worst for me...who WAS that huge goalie anyway?

I think we could easily have a few more wins in our W column. I think Price blew a couple of games and that we outplayed or out shot the opposition in many games that THEIR goalie did what OUR goalie does normally.

I'm just relieved that I am not alone in thinking this way because honestly, I don't think we've been bad at all...in fact I think in some games we were actually the better team.

I am so pumped for a win tomorrow it's ridiculous!!

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
I was at the game when Miller stole the game. The very next game Fleury was once again the first star in a game where we out shot the Penguins. The Florida game was the worst for me...who WAS that huge goalie anyway?

I think we could easily have a few more wins in our W column. I think Price blew a couple of games and that we outplayed or out shot the opposition in many games that THEIR goalie did what OUR goalie does normally.

I'm just relieved that I am not alone in thinking this way because honestly, I don't think we've been bad at all...in fact I think in some games we were actually the better team.

Say hello to Markstrom (Florida's goalie) He's probably more than likely going to be Sweden's next big goaltender, and IMO will be their best in the next few short years.

Markstrom has the makings to be an elite goalie. Price has met one of his bigger career adversaries for the first time that game IMHO.

Something that is so special, it may even eventually stretch over in to international competition.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 04:58 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Say hello to Markstrom (Florida's goalie) He's probably more than likely going to be Sweden's next big goaltender, and IMO will be their best in the next few short years.

Markstrom has the makings to be an elite goalie. Price has met one of his bigger career adversaries for the first time that game IMHO.

Something that is so special, it may even eventually stretch over in to international competition.
I was impressed with him to be sure. He was a big goalie with some athletic ability and looked to be somebody to keep an eye on. He definitely did not look out of place at all.

Let's hope you're right and we do see some head to head action in international play between Price and Markstrom. That would be a duel to watch.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Dekar

Quote:
I was impressed with him to be sure. He was a big goalie with some athletic ability and looked to be somebody to keep an eye on. He definitely did not look out of place at all.

Let's hope you're right and we do see some head to head action in international play between Price and Markstrom. That would be a duel to watch.
I always think of this commercial when talking about Markstrom:

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:13 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
I always think of this commercial when talking about Markstrom:

Really? I always think of him embarrassing himself with his dives in the WJC

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:20 PM
coolasprICE

I agree fully (about the Joker comment)

didn't read the article - could care less frankly

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 02:36 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

The article is stating the obvious tbh. Things are rolling but we're not exactly on the up & up. One loss and we're back at the bottom again.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:

Let's not forget about the Leaf game last week where they tied the game on a goal that clearly should have been disallowed.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 10:24 AM
SeriousHabs

Keep in mind that our team beat a struggling Flyers and bottom-dwelling Bruins twice. Beating Boston is always fun, but they are simply awful at the moment. Beating them isn't a feat.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Keep in mind that our team beat a struggling Flyers and bottom-dwelling Bruins twice. Beating Boston is always fun, but they are simply awful at the moment. Beating them isn't a feat.
Regardless of the fact. A win is a win, and when a team loses game after game.. then finally is able to win 3 straight.. it's great for the confidence.. regardless of the opponents play.

They are going into a little break with confidence compared to last week where they had zero.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote