HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins v. Phantoms

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2005, 08:32 PM
flip588

vCash: 500
Penguins v. Phantoms

This announcer, Tom Grace, for the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins is absolutely terrible.

His play-by-play isn't bad but there is an obvious bias and he sounds ten times more whiny than he makes the Phantoms out to be. No Penguin had a bad game and there was a missed call on the Phantoms once a minute.

I only caught the third period, so I would have loved to catch the rest of his expert analysis which included the following:

Cote Knocked down, Yells Something at a Penguin:

"Tough talk from a guy who can't back it up."

Gratton Complaining from the Phantoms Bench:

"Gratton having a kindergarten tantrum on the bench, someone must be cutting into his ice-time. Maybe there's some dissention in the Phantoms locker-room, that's what happens when you're on a five game losing streak. Penguins just want this thing to end quietly."

Phantoms Trailing in the Third

"The Phantoms trailing, let's just hope we don't see the usual antics after the horn, like that would help set the tone for tommorrow. I just hope this game ends peacefully. It hasn't in the past when the Penguins win at home. We get the pushing and fighting we don't see from any other teams."

Cote and Skolney Playing the Last Shift

"Gratton over the boards with nineteen seconds, why not, just another addition to the formula. This is what you get with John Stevens. Gratton hits [a Penguin] with a high-stick, I wish we could say we were surprised. The Penguins win it with style and class, first place style and class."

Catch this guy tommorrow if you can if it's the same tommorrow and he keeps this up it's guaranteed to be a riot.

Old
11-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuzickaFan23
This announcer, Tom Grace, for the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins is absolutely terrible.

His play-by-play isn't bad but there is an obvious bias and he sounds ten times more whiny than he makes the Phantoms out to be. No Penguin had a bad game and there was a missed call on the Phantoms once a minute.

I only caught the third period, so I would have loved to catch the rest of his expert analysis which included the following:

Cote Knocked down, Yells Something at a Penguin:

"Tough talk from a guy who can't back it up."

Gratton Complaining from the Phantoms Bench:

"Gratton having a kindergarten tantrum on the bench, someone must be cutting into his ice-time. Maybe there's some dissention in the Phantoms locker-room, that's what happens when you're on a five game losing streak. Penguins just want this thing to end quietly."

Phantoms Trailing in the Third

"The Phantoms trailing, let's just hope we don't see the usual antics after the horn, like that would help set the tone for tommorrow. I just hope this game ends peacefully. It hasn't in the past when the Penguins win at home. We get the pushing and fighting we don't see from any other teams."

Cote and Skolney Playing the Last Shift

"Gratton over the boards with nineteen seconds, why not, just another addition to the formula. This is what you get with John Stevens. Gratton hits [a Penguin] with a high-stick, I wish we could say we were surprised. The Penguins win it with style and class, first place style and class."

Catch this guy tommorrow if you can if it's the same tommorrow and he keeps this up it's guaranteed to be a riot.

Grace is an idiot

Old
11-05-2005, 08:43 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfreak941
Grace is an idiot
I believe that's an understatement!

Old
11-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl
I believe that's an understatement!
One for the ages.

Grace is such a schmuck that the people he works for hate him. (the audience)

Old
11-05-2005, 08:52 PM
flip588

Seems as though you're all familiar with him, it's too bad you've all had to endure one of his broadcasts as well.

Old
11-05-2005, 08:55 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuzickaFan23
Seems as though you're all familiar with him, it's too bad you've all had to endure one of his broadcasts as well.
The first time I listened to a Phantoms game, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was almost funny, it was so ridiculous.

Old
11-05-2005, 09:33 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Just take a look at the threads on the AHL board when we played them in the playoffs.

He is obviously bitter over last season (mainly because when WBS got to the finals they were swept but the Phantoms won in a sweep)

Old
11-05-2005, 10:32 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Just take a look at the threads on the AHL board when we played them in the playoffs.

He is obviously bitter over last season (mainly because when WBS got to the finals they were swept but the Phantoms won in a sweep)
I'd be bitter too if my team lost the way WBS did in that last game.

Old
11-06-2005, 06:10 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battousai
I'd be bitter too if my team lost the way WBS did in that last game.

hahahaha...i forgot all about that

Closed Thread