HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2011-12 Season Thread (Pt.3)

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
Helping London now, would take them out of the picture in 2014 - which could help our chances to win the hosting gig.

Of course Hunter always rips teams off - getting so much more in return than he's ever willing to pay.

If we're going to put a team over, I'd look to Marty Williamson in Niagara - he traded Strome for a rent-a-player, we need to get something like that.

Old
10-28-2011, 05:40 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
He hasn't had much of course not. As he deserved it? In other words has he earned the ice time he has gotten to date? The team has struggled but Boughner and the coaches are not dumb they would not sit players that earned ice time. If the kid was working harder than others he would be playing but that's not the case.
I'd rather see him down in Jr B to get the ice time if he's not going to get it here. Whether he's earned it or not, playing five minutes a game at most isn't going to help his development. Writing him off won't help anything, either.

Old
10-28-2011, 05:44 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Ryan becomes Captain
Robertson, Kuhnhackl and Duininck wear the A's.
This is my guess, unless Robertson becomes trade bait. Which I'm not again.

Quote:
Donnay, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd work? That maybe still a bit light. Maybe sub AA for Donnay?
At the deadline, I'd do AA/2nd/2nd/3rd for Ryan, but not before. The team needs leadership and a voice. He's the ideal guy for that.

Old
10-28-2011, 05:59 PM
LeafsFan18
Go Leafs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post

At the deadline, I'd do AA/2nd/2nd/3rd for Ryan, but not before. The team needs leadership and a voice. He's the ideal guy for that.
That is a ton for just Ryan. I don't think past OAs have carried that kind of value. London wouldn't do that anyway.

Add in Roberston and then yes that makes sense.

Old
10-28-2011, 06:04 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I'd rather see him down in Jr B to get the ice time if he's not going to get it here. Whether he's earned it or not, playing five minutes a game at most isn't going to help his development. Writing him off won't help anything, either.
At the time feasey was sent to Jr b Spits were playing well with an extra

body,only Kuhnhackl out

His style is similiar to cortellessas,spits wanted longer look

good for Feasey icetime,I imagine he will be back

Old
10-28-2011, 06:05 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I rather not deal with the Knights if I can,sort of like dealing with the devil

They never helped the spits towards their championship runs or last year for

that matter when spits had shot at history why should windsor help them to their

goals
The dealing with the devil I can understand and wondered myself if theyd even entertain the idea. 2 competetive ownership groups.

They never helped us in our championshio run?- Why does that matter now? One year we were the 2nd best team to Windsor and traded to get better, the next year we didnt have what Windsor needed/wanted to add. And last year-would your GM turn down the offers Humter got for Elrich,Desousa,Varone,Dorazio? Did Windsor inquire about any of them?

Why should Windsor help them to their goals?--If it makes their team better, my ? is why not?

Old
10-28-2011, 06:09 PM
aresknights

Quote:

Thats much than Id pay for Ryan alone. Maybe that will be the market thou. Well see. Mark had better look elsewhere if thats the expected return for Ryan.
Thou AA haas maybe underwahelmed fans so far, its a very good young talent with a high ceiling. Projected mid 1st rd pick as of now (thou I expect hell move down)

Old
10-28-2011, 06:13 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitsFan18 View Post
That is a ton for just Ryan. I don't think past OAs have carried that kind of value. London wouldn't do that anyway.

Add in Roberston and then yes that makes sense.
I was thinking along those lines. It may cost a bit more but I wouldnt give much more than that.

Mark has to bew smart here. If he can add a couple pieces, without breaking the bank, he can be set for a real good 2/3 yr run.

Old
10-28-2011, 07:53 PM
jughead42

Kenny Ryan back, that's sweet. Even if he's shipped out in a trade later on, its still like finding a free wallet. These rumors of Ryan returning and trades being made are something I'm inclined to believe. It might explain why so many players looked lousy against Kingston, perhaps this young team knows they'll be losing a few of their own to trades in the coming days and it put them in a funk. Oh well, if you're going to make an omelette you'll need to break a few eggs. I'm a bit excited about the possibilities, whether we're bringing somebody in or shipping somebody out. I have faith our guy Rychel will stick it to some GM.

Closed Thread