HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Marchand Comments

Old
10-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Bob Cole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
That website, hockeyfights.com., is filled with the biggest Homers in the history of hockey.

A Boston Bruin has NEVER lost a fight at that website. If the Bruins fighter wins, he gets voted as the winner. If it was a close fight, the Boston fighter wins. If the Bruins fighter loses the fight, it is voted as a draw.

I used to go there to read the comments. What a waste of time with those folks over there.

With all that said, I agree that Subban does not need to be fighting. It was good for him to finally take on the big nose last night. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do even if it had the potential to be detrimental to the team.
I bet most of the people registered there are bruins fans...the obsession with fighting that some of these people have is really troubling

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

subban needs to learn to fight last night he was telegraphing his punches he should've destroyed Marchand easily

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Lshap

The fighting fetish runs so deep in the veins of some Bruins fans that they've convinced themselves it's an equal part of the game, like some Bizarro-World scorecard that lists goals, assists, hits, fights and turtling alongside each other. This mindset even has its own made-up language: "Moral victory", "Code", "Answer the bell". But waitaminnut -- what bell? There's no bell in hockey. It might be clanging away in their fevered imagination, but down on the ice the players are focused on winning a hockey game the old-fashioned way, by scoring more goals than them. Sure, nothing wrong with a fight happening if emotions bubble over. But if emotions are held in check and the player decides NOT to fight, it might be because he doesn't feel like sitting in the penalty box to accommodate some made-up theory about a bell.

Funny how all that tough-sounding lingo emerges when they lose. Can't get a real victory? Provoke a fight and call it -- ironically -- a 'moral victory'. Or hit a guy in the face and demand he follow the 'code' of pointless retaliation; how dare he place more value on that other code of winning the game.

I have no problem with tough hockey and big hits, but if you turn to fighting, hitting and provoking as a response to not getting your way, then try on this descriptive language: "Big, pouty tantrum".

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 08:53 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Same here. Delay of game...ha ha ha. Classic.

I guess the fans in Boston enjoyed it.
It's alright we get it, you don't like hockey fights. There are other options you know ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 09:29 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
It's alright we get it, you don't like hockey fights. There are other options you know ?
not like we can call what happened between the two a fight, really.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 09:51 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

USA, USA, USA!

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallroomBitz View Post
i totally agree with this statement...the only difference is that lucic backs up his mouth and subban might scrap once in a while, but he mouths off as much as a heavyweight.

...that's the only reason i think subban gets guff. he talks like a heavyweight and fights like a lightweight.

for the record, i'd rather he just shut up and play because he's one of the best skaters and puck handlers in the league...but he still sucks
Does he really talk like a heavyweight though. I mean I doubt he's going around to everyone telling them he's going to kick their *****, and challenging them to fights before skating away or something.

If he's challenging people to fights then not dropping the gloves I can see how you guys would have an argument, but he's just chirping the guys out there and they can't stand that he's also better than them(some of the time anyways) so they get angry.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Does he really talk like a heavyweight though. I mean I doubt he's going around to everyone telling them he's going to kick their *****, and challenging them to fights before skating away or something.

If he's challenging people to fights then not dropping the gloves I can see how you guys would have an argument, but he's just chirping the guys out there and they can't stand that he's also better than them(some of the time anyways) so they get angry.
Yeah he chirps. Probably makes fun of something they did.
I doubt he ever says "lets go.. lets fight"

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Uhm, Pyatt vs Campbell?

White vs Boychuk?

Gorges vs Bergeron?

Spacek vs Boychuk

Wisniewski vs Hnidy.

In fact, the majority of recent fights, B's players have been bigger than Habs. Why do you pose such a question, anyway?
You forgot Komisarek vs. Lucic...

Well, I guess we should just try to forget it anyway...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:29 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Honestly... Who cares about any of this?

This is just going to be another one of those threads where two fanbases point the finger at each other and yell "See!"

Waste of time.
Am I the only one who agrees with this?

Even though I dislike the stupid fights and the boston mentality regarding them, I can at least admit one very important thing. We're different. If they feel the need to enjoy fights and call out our guys, so be it. I REALLY don't take it seriously and no one should.

I go on bruins board often and a lot of them are gentlemen, so I hope the ones who do come in peace you treat them well. I like when two rivals can talk hockey, it's good. Sometimes in order to get somewhere, you gotta agree to disagree, and trying to explain why toughness and fights and all that is necessary and the so called rules on how subban and other members of our team should play is just pointless. Then again, they probably can't understand our style of game either sometimes. It is what it is. I wish they would just drop the nonsense about subban and others and I wish we'd stop trying to get back at them when a story changes. It's childish and pointless. We'll never convince them, they'll never convince us and that's the beauty of the rivalry, it makes no sense but you'll never agree just because you hate the other team! I mean, they feel Marchand got a decisive win, some of us feel subban won. FFS, neither won. It was just a sideshow, a funny one, but a sideshow. Subban going for haymakers and falling on his ass. Yah, big fight. If they want to believe subban is supposed to be a tough guy, so be it. They just look crazy because 99% of fans know Subban isn't and never claimed to be. Just agree to disagree sometimes. Otherwise, as Lafleurs Guy said, it's a waste of time.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Am I the only one who agrees with this?

Even though I dislike the stupid fights and the boston mentality regarding them, I can at least admit one very important thing. We're different. If they feel the need to enjoy fights and call out our guys, so be it. I REALLY don't take it seriously and no one should.

I go on bruins board often and a lot of them are gentlemen, so I hope the ones who do come in peace you treat them well. I like when two rivals can talk hockey, it's good. Sometimes in order to get somewhere, you gotta agree to disagree, and trying to explain why toughness and fights and all that is necessary and the so called rules on how subban and other members of our team should play is just pointless. Then again, they probably can't understand our style of game either sometimes. It is what it is. I wish they would just drop the nonsense about subban and others and I wish we'd stop trying to get back at them when a story changes. It's childish and pointless. We'll never convince them, they'll never convince us and that's the beauty of the rivalry, it makes no sense but you'll never agree just because you hate the other team! I mean, they feel Marchand got a decisive win, some of us feel subban won. FFS, neither won. It was just a sideshow, a funny one, but a sideshow. Subban going for haymakers and falling on his ass. Yah, big fight. If they want to believe subban is supposed to be a tough guy, so be it. They just look crazy because 99% of fans know Subban isn't and never claimed to be. Just agree to disagree sometimes. Otherwise, as Lafleurs Guy said, it's a waste of time.
Well, I obviously mispoke because this thread did offer me a chance to make a cheap Mike Komisarek joke.

Any thread that provides me the opportunity for this is one worth keeping right?

Old
10-28-2011, 11:34 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Is it normal that nose took half of my screen pixels?

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Marchand is one of their better players and is one of their more capable scoreboard lighters. As much as I hate the Bruins, I'm really annoyed at fellow Habs fans underselling the skill of their players. PK and him both spending time in the box is more close to a wash than many think.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
I bet most of the people registered there are bruins fans...the obsession with fighting that some of these people have is really troubling
I knew that the website existed, but I've never really gone to it. I didn't even know there was voting for who won the fight until I read this thread

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 12:56 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You forgot Komisarek vs. Lucic...

Well, I guess we should just try to forget it anyway...
All of the fights I listed were within the last year and a half or so.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 01:16 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Marchand is one of their better players and is one of their more capable scoreboard lighters. As much as I hate the Bruins, I'm really annoyed at fellow Habs fans underselling the skill of their players. PK and him both spending time in the box is more close to a wash than many think.
We're short on D.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 01:19 AM
Pandemic

Quote:
I don't think people are saying it's not a wash because Marchand has no skill. It's because Subban is a defenceman and Marchand is a forward. In the five minutes that Subban and Marchand spent in the box, Subban missed more shifts than Marchand would. Also, Habs are already low on D.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 01:27 AM
NSHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallroomBitz View Post
i totally agree with this statement...the only difference is that lucic backs up his mouth and subban might scrap once in a while, but he mouths off as much as a heavyweight.

...that's the only reason i think subban gets guff. he talks like a heavyweight and fights like a lightweight.

for the record, i'd rather he just shut up and play because he's one of the best skaters and puck handlers in the league...but he still sucks
I agree with many of the points in this post.Most teams have lads that try to write checks with their yaps that their butts cant cover.
Thing is,if your that guy in the Goats "experimental Swiss squad" your also the first guy on the firing line (cause Moen is allready busy and Gill,i hope, is allready hugging those cute kids of his).
It seemed to me the fact that PK fought Marchand seemed to enrage Thorton.He ran at Subban every chance thereafter.Think about that......Thorton doing everything to engage PK Subban.
We have no answer for that.....zip.....and please nobody say Blunden,cause no one wants to see that either.

Last edited by NSHabs: 10-29-2011 at 01:36 AM. Reason: misspell
NSHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 02:28 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
He was one of their best players in last years playoffs, look past the uniform. If he were a hab everyone would love him.
Always hated him since he was 16 years old. So no, a Habs jersey doesn't repair everything.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 07:07 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
I'm pretty sure their fanbase could use another one just like you !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 07:22 AM
habsjunkie2*

I'd love some toughness to use during the game for purposes of winning. Initiating contact and keeping opposing players more honest, but I don't want tough guys to fulfill the B's and poor sportsmanship after we completely outplay them.

The habs fighting last night could only sway the game in the B's favor, we were already dictating the style of play, no need to get away from what was giving us success.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I'd love some toughness to use during the game for purposes of winning. Initiating contact and keeping opposing players more honest, but I don't want tough guys to fulfill the B's and poor sportsmanship after we completely outplay them.

The habs fighting last night could only sway the game in the B's favor, we were already dictating the style of play, no need to get away from what was giving us success.
Yeah that is the way I look at it too. Where they call the habs pansies for not answering the bell, I see it as frustration the habs arent intimidated by the big bad bruins. Although it would be nice to have a few guys to drop them for that inevitable occasion where they just grab and start throwing like the line brawl last year but I want those guys to be useful players as well.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 08:34 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Somewhat true, but Marchand gets 15.00 min of ice, and PK usually gets 22.00-25.00 min of ice...there is a difference...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Strokes

Quote:
I'm not saying the Marchand isn't a good player, but Subban is more important for the Canadiens then Marchand is for the Bruins. Especially since the Canadiens are so thin on the blue line.

Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
All of the fights I listed were within the last year and a half or so.
Ah, the Komisarek pummeling seems like yesterday. Where does the time go?