HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What do we need....

Old
10-29-2011, 12:10 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

vCash: 500
What about Rick Nash?

I think he's the most overrated player in the game, but he's still a player who we could use. If Columbus continues this play until the deadline, would you trade for him and what would you trade?

BTW, im not panicking yet, just something to think about. lol

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 12:31 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Will 24/7 episodes be online? I don't have HBO.
They went up on YouTube last year.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 12:33 PM
NYGRYK21
HFWF IC Champ

Staal.

NYGRYK21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

This team needs a lot - but what they need immediately, and we've heard many players say this during interviews, is confidence.

But confidence is a tough thing to come by when one mistake gets you ripped away from your linemates and demoted to the 4th line. The entire team is walking on eggshells thanks to the way Tortorella operates

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 03:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
There's a disturbing trend here. Guys who on paper seem to be perfect for each other not producing (Jagr and Gomez, Richards and Gaborik).

10-29-2011, 03:13 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
There's a disturbing trend here. Guys who on paper seem to be perfect for each other not producing (Jagr and Gomez, Richards and Gaborik).
How were Jagr and Gomez perfect for each other on paper? On paper, they were a horrible fit for one another (and not surprisingly, were a horrible fit in reality, as well). Their styles don't mesh at all. Then again, aside from Brian Gionta, Gomez has never meshed well with anyone.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 03:27 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This team needs a lot - but what they need immediately, and we've heard many players say this during interviews, is confidence.

But confidence is a tough thing to come by when one mistake gets you ripped away from your linemates and demoted to the 4th line. The entire team is walking on eggshells thanks to the way Tortorella operates
Can you give me one example of a top nine player who was demoted to the fourth line for any extended period of time this season based on one mistake?

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 03:28 PM
ciggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
Is our team fine? Are our players doing fine? Or is it just bad luck? Do we need inspiration, staal to come back, or a mixup in the lineup via callup or trade....
Discuss please
a new coach

ciggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Can you give me one example of a top nine player who was demoted to the fourth line for any extended period of time this season based on one mistake?
You know what, you're right. They just get benched instead. My apologies.

I suggest you watch the game and really pay attention to what Tortorella has been doing with the lines and the top 9 players over these last few weeks, because its really unbelievable stuff.

Old
10-29-2011, 03:40 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
How were Jagr and Gomez perfect for each other on paper? On paper, they were a horrible fit for one another (and not surprisingly, were a horrible fit in reality, as well). Their styles don't mesh at all. Then again, aside from Brian Gionta, Gomez has never meshed well with anyone.
Agreed.

And at that point in Jagr's career, he was more of a puck distributor than a scorer. And he was better at distributing the puck than Gomez was. Having Gomez on that line was redundant, as Jagr's 30+ goal days were likely behind him.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Orr Nightmare

Watching todays game and what the Rangers need is size.

Watching a line with Gabby, WW and EC, with Erixon and Eminger, that might be the softest 5 man unit in the league.

WW and EC have to be replaced by size...hopefully, size with skill.

Brett Maclean was waived by the Jets..he is worth a shot...6'1 200lbs, scored a bunch in Juniors and then settled into a 20-25 goal scorer in the AHL, EC needs to be off the team.

Maybe a Brad Staubitz to replace WW...whatever skill he has is offset by a lack of something else...not sure what it is but it is not working.

Staubitz great 4th line guy who can play a little defense in a pinch.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post

Watching a line with Gabby, WW and EC, with Erixon and Eminger, that might be the softest 5 man unit in the league.

Brett Maclean was waived by the Jets..he is worth a shot...6'1 200lbs, scored a bunch in Juniors and then settled into a 20-25 goal scorer in the AHL, EC needs to be off the team.

Maybe a Brad Staubitz to replace WW...whatever skill he has is offset by a lack of something else...not sure what it is but it is not working.

What a surprising thought coming from you. Where do you get all these ideas?

This team needs more skill and creativity, and I dont care how big the person is that could provide it

Old
10-29-2011, 03:52 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post

Maclean was claimed by Phoenix.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 04:05 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You know what, you're right. They just get benched instead. My apologies.

I suggest you watch the game and really pay attention to what Tortorella has been doing with the lines and the top 9 players over these last few weeks, because its really unbelievable stuff.
There's a big difference. Sitting out for the last ~15 minutes of a game definitely sucks but thats not even close to being taken out of the position you earned and relegated to the fourth line for an extended time, which is what I thought you were calling attention to.

Believe it or not I can pay attention to the game and still disagree with you. Give me a real example of an "unbelievable" move. I can't recall seeing any line on this team play well enough that breaking them up wwas a really bad idea. I also can't recall any player that was totally out of place on a line except for EC playing with Gaborik today. I can't think of any player that has gotten a lot more or a lot less ice time than they have deserved either.

As far as time on ice goes, here are the players with most TOI/G so far in descending order - Girardi, McDonagh, Richards, Callahan, Sauer (only 3 games to everyone else's 8), DZ, Gaborik, Dubi, Stepan, Feds, Erixon...

What is so disagreeable about this? Richards, Callahan, Gaborik have the most minutes on forward. Have they not been the best forwards? Have Girardi, McD, Sauer and then DZ not been the best defenseman?

I honestly don't understand. It seems like people watch the games and go crazy that this or that player gets benched for 5 or 10 minutes after a subpar performance without realizing that it doesn't make much difference in the big scope of things. Gaborik didn't play much in the third the other day and everyone was up in arms but he still has the third most TOI for a forward and Callahan, who is in front of him, played in every situation and the Rangers won that game.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 04:08 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Jage and Gomez were a terrible fit for each other. Both wanted the puck on their stick all the time.

Richards and Gaborik havent been given the chance to produce. The coach split them up after 5 games.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 04:09 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I keep trying to tell people here...

Stepan is a TERRIBLE skater. He has hands of stone, and I don't understand why he's even in the NHL let alone on this team. I would get rid of him asap, and get someone who can actually MOVE.

You know, because SKATING is kinda important in hockey...
You should be the GM LOL

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 05:03 PM
reaktorblue

What NYR needs is to get rid of Wolski. His undisciplined and unmotivated play basically led to a needless and unnecessary penalty that just lost them yet another game.

Trade this sorry sack already...

reaktorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 05:13 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaktorblue View Post
What NYR needs is to get rid of Wolski. His undisciplined and unmotivated play basically led to a needless and unnecessary penalty that just lost them yet another game.

Trade this sorry sack already...
Avery was fiesty without being too stupid. I would send this guy down and bring avery up.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Maaxse

Quote:
3 points each today. a combined 16 points, those are doing well.

Maaxse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 05:18 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Top scorer and alleged top passer.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 05:20 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
To play the full 60 minutes.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 05:23 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Top scorer and alleged top passer.
By who? The moron who signed him to one of the worst contracts of all-time, or the moron who traded for him and it? Certainly not by the guy who correctly figured he wasn't worth nearly as much money as he was asking for.

You're far too knowledgeable about the sport to have actually expected the Gomez-Jagr experiment to work when that acquisition was made. Anybody could and should have seen from the moment that idea was even floated that it'd be a colossal disaster.

IMO, it is a lot likelier that Richards and Gaborik eventually work well than any chance Gomez and Jagr ever had.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

What do we need? The same thing we've needed since 1998...tank and rebuild.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 05:30 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

We need Anisimov and Stepan to wake up. Without them we have no second line center unless we separate Richards and Gaborik, which I am completely against.

We also need to find an additional top 6 left wing, but I'd rather sort our second line problems first. Without a working second line, it becomes that much easier for coaches to match up against our top line.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 05:51 PM
averyrule

This team needs to stop playing "Rangers hockey" cause it aint ****ing working. Play someone else's hockey for a change. It might help if they came out wearing another team's jerseys. Maybe Chicago's, or Washington...I dunno. Maybe if they're not wearing Rangers jerseys they will forget they are the Rangers and stop playing like it. It's worth a shot...

averyrule is offline   Reply With Quote