HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

.:GAME #11 - BOSTON vs MONTRÉAL - RDS/CBC/NHLN-US/NESN:.

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2011, 01:42 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Now that the team is playing better, I am really looking forward to this game

Bruins miss Ryder.
... and 43 y old Dr.Recchi, too...

Old
10-29-2011, 01:44 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

It's too bad for Emelin but he hasn't played his role. He was brought over to add some much needed toughness and he hasn't delivered. Until he learns this, don't expect JM to play him too often, especially if Markov is coming back soon.

Old
10-29-2011, 01:45 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
It's too bad for Emelin but he hasn't played his role. He was brought over to add some much needed toughness and he hasn't delivered. Until he learns this, don't expect JM to play him too often, especially if Markov is coming back soon.
And some people still think that KHL is just a notch below the NHL... It's just a glorified AHL.

Old
10-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Protest the Hero

I want Emelin in the lineup but at this point it would just be putting him in for the sake of having him in the lineup. I do think he'd be better than Gill, but we know he's not coming out.

I also think his puck carrying ability is better than everyone but Subbans, but his defensive game doesn't stand out enough to have a shot at being put in right now.

Old
10-29-2011, 01:55 PM
FXBrassard

You guys are blind if you think a guy like Weber is more important to us in the mid and long term than Emelin.

I'm naming Weber because I'd take Diaz over him, but at this point having both of them over Emelin in the lineup, especially with the others dman we have, make absolutely no sense.

Weber was terrible in the last game vs. Boston. I can't believe some people are actually thinking he's been our best dman so far.

Old
10-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Weber<3

but yes, I'd also like Emelin to play tonight.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 10-29-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Merged
Old
10-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Dont expect him in the lineup unless there is an injury or the habs lose.

Old
10-29-2011, 02:12 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXBrassard View Post
You guys are blind if you think a guy like Weber is more important to us in the mid and long term than Emelin.

I'm naming Weber because I'd take Diaz over him, but at this point having both of them over Emelin in the lineup, especially with the others dman we have, make absolutely no sense.

Weber was terrible in the last game vs. Boston. I can't believe some people are actually thinking he's been our best dman so far.
What makes Emelin so good? Hes played like 8 games and hasn't really stood out at all. Weber however is +5 and actually contributing to the team.

Old
10-29-2011, 02:24 PM
FXBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
What makes Emelin so good? Hes played like 8 games and hasn't really stood out at all. Weber however is +5 and actually contributing to the team.
I don't really care much about Weber's 5+ rating over an extremely small sample size of 10 games. He's just terrible defensively and I don't see what he brings offensively except his big shot.

Emelin has proven to be physical and has way better defensive skills. He's as mobile as Weber is. I guess he's just a little out of shape and the coaching staff is probably sitting him out while he gains NHL form in the gym. I will admit that his lack of endurance is visible on the ice, but in terms of upside, we need a guy exactly like what Emelin can be. We have many Webers, and all are better than him.

Old
10-29-2011, 02:43 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
of course, it makes sense!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXBrassard View Post
I don't really care much about Weber's 5+ rating over an extremely small sample size of 10 games. He's just terrible defensively and I don't see what he brings offensively except his big shot.

Emelin has proven to be physical and has way better defensive skills. He's as mobile as Weber is. I guess he's just a little out of shape and the coaching staff is probably sitting him out while he gains NHL form in the gym. I will admit that his lack of endurance is visible on the ice, but in terms of upside, we need a guy exactly like what Emelin can be. We have many Webers, and all are better than him.
this is actually a very good post.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 10-29-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Merged
Old
10-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Emelin is the least adapted to the north american game. He makes questionable reads and pinches and seems a bit lost out there. No denying his physical tools however. Language barrier is a major problem.

Old
10-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Tonight's RDS intro.

Old
10-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Dekar

Weber's played great for us, and his monster shot that we heard so much about from his time in Hamilton (which mysteriously did not appear last season) has come around finally. I don't understand why anyone wants to sit him out.

We can't sit Gill against the B's either, we have no one else to bearhug Chara out of scrums, else our guys will be eating bombs from 6+ inches above them.

I'm content with Diaz to play for now, Emelin and Diaz both playing means our D-core is way too inexperienced, and Diaz hasn't warranted a benching. Especially after saving our ass and possibly the turning point of the game on Thursday.

Old
10-29-2011, 03:26 PM
kigol

In nets tonight:

habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
#Bruins start Rask in goal tonight, 1-5-1 lifetime vs #Habs, 1 SO, 2.71 avg, .910 save pct

VS:

#Habs Price has 14 W, 4 L, 2 OTL lifetime vs #Bruins (regular season), 0 SO, 2.63 avg, .918 save pct

Old
10-29-2011, 03:27 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Hoping to see a hat-trick in the win category!

Its a long season, I hope the Bruins are awful all year, but I don't want them to scoop a lottery pick once again to go with their crop of young players either.

GO HABS GO!!!
I'm hoping they panick and trade for Komisarek by sending the Maple Leafs their first round pick

Old
10-29-2011, 03:32 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kigol View Post
In nets tonight:

#Bruins start Rask in goal tonight, 1-5-1 lifetime vs #Habs, 1 SO, 2.71 avg, .910 save pct

VS:

#Habs Price has 14 W, 4 L, 2 OTL lifetime vs #Bruins (regular season), 0 SO, 2.63 avg, .918 save pct
WOW has Price ever owned the Bruins !

Old
10-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

I know the games on CBC but is it only regional or are they showing the Pens and Leafs game? (yawn) Is CBC only playing the game in Quebec?

Old
10-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
I know the games on CBC but is it only regional or are they showing the Pens and Leafs game? (yawn) Is CBC only playing the game in Quebec?
This one is Quebec only. The Toronto/Pittsburgh game is National tonight. But CBC still streams the Habs game online if your out of Province.

Old
10-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
This one is Quebec only. The Toronto/Pittsburgh game is National tonight. But CBC still streams the Habs game online if your out of Province.
I know..Just tired of streaming lol. I don't know why CBC has such a huge hard on for The Leafs

Old
10-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Habs have yielded too many goals early in this season and it's not all Price's fault. From what I've seen Spacek has been steady since he returned to action, Gorges has been all right, Diaz has been a pleasant surprise. Weber has been good offensively, and Subban has been highly erratic and hasn't put up the points that were expected of him. I think Gill has been ineffective and this will obviously be his last year. Emelin hasn't been used very much. That's not to say he's been bad but he still needs time to adjust. The Habs will have a glut of Dmen when Markov and Campoli return. What's to be done with 9 Dmen? They can't all be kept on the roster. Will Gauthier trade any of them? Send them to Hamilton? To Russia? I wonder.

Old
10-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
I know..Just tired of streaming lol. I don't know why CBC has such a huge hard on for The Leafs
I notice they do all the Pitts games National(due Crosby) but he's not playing anyway. You'd think they would re-arrange & give at least the Martimes back the Habs.

Old
10-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
I notice they do all the Pitts games National(due Crosby) but he's not playing anyway. You'd think they would re-arrange & give at least the Martimes back the Habs.
I know or since it's the bruins and habs they should just make the game national since crosby is not playing, and make the leafs game regional. I live in Calgary and I can say there seems to be more habs fans here than leafs. But when I was living in my home town of Halifax they still played all toronto games for the most part. Just kinda sucks.

Old
10-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
I know or since it's the bruins and habs they should just make the game national since crosby is not playing, and make the leafs game regional. I live in Calgary and I can say there seems to be more habs fans here than leafs. But when I was living in my home town of Halifax they still played all toronto games for the most part. Just kinda sucks.
I hear you, did a 5 year contract in Ontario & was forced to order RDS, Ironic that I have to come back to Quebec to get all my games in English.

Old
10-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

random pre game fun :

Old
10-29-2011, 04:15 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Close game again ! 3-2 Habs OT Price plays BIG !

Closed Thread