HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Will Bryzgalov ever be worth his contract?

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Anybody else looking to buy 1 get 2nd at 40% Addition Elle 14+ Bras? That Ad is saving this website today
I don't have ads.

10-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
When will GM's learn you can't sign a goalie long term. It's so foolish. Even if their an elite goalie. So much can happen to a goalie. Look at Turco. 4 years ago he was considered an elite and an all star. Now he can't even get a backup job. My point being alot can happen to a goalie after several years. But nine years? He's already in his thirty's! Holmgren, the fans did want and deserve a good goalie but they didn't ask you to go over the top like this... Common buddy...
this!!

Old
10-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
I think most GMs have learned; it's Homer who hasn't.

Old
10-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

What Homer donŽt know from his 1st day on as a gm he will never learn!

After signing Pronger to a 35+ horrible contract he signs Lilja to a horrible 35+ contract
After Bryzgalov getting a horrible contract who will be the next goalie who make his life out of Homers stupid decisions?

And iŽam not meaning the playing of bryz right now!!! IŽam "only" talking about the last 3 or 4 years of this contract... It will look terrible for us....

Old
10-28-2011, 12:44 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Next game, I have a feeling Breezy will do very well. Supposedly at practice today he looks renewed and ready to get back on track. And yea, its the Canes, but honestly, we have been getting our ***** kicked by supposedly average teams. Right now we are technically an average team.

Old
10-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
Our defense BLOWS! Bryzgalov RULES! The End.
That's hilarious. GAA and shutouts are team stats, but even a goalie playing for a losing team can have a great save percentage. Markstrom's SV% in Florida is .945. Lundqvist's is .935. Nabokov's is .927. Thomas has .929. Dubnyk has .920. All these guys are have a losing record.

Bryzgalov's SV% is .870. Bobrovsky's is .859.

(Luongo's is .868.)

All of these three goalies are playing absolutely awful right now and with zero confidence and you can't blame anyone for it except those three guys themselves.

Old
10-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmanrulez View Post
What Homer donŽt know from his 1st day on as a gm he will never learn!

After signing Pronger to a 35+ horrible contract he signs Lilja to a horrible 35+ contract
After Bryzgalov getting a horrible contract who will be the next goalie who make his life out of Homers stupid decisions?

And iŽam not meaning the playing of bryz right now!!! IŽam "only" talking about the last 3 or 4 years of this contract... It will look terrible for us....
Enh, Pronger is Pronger. It's Shelley, Lilja, Bryz, etc. that I'm worried about.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:03 PM
G Money

Bryz was on a defensive minded team in Phoenix. So my expectations are he will never be a 7 mil goalie. So no he will never be worth it.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Step
GO SENS GO

vCash: 50
Man, I really felt for Bryz after that interview. He's always been candid with the media, but he just seemed like he was about to lose it at any moment.

He's a great goalie though - he'll bounce back.

Old
10-28-2011, 02:15 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money View Post
Bryz was on a defensive minded team in Phoenix. So my expectations are he will never be a 7 mil goalie. So no he will never be worth it.
Good thing his cap hit is over $1M less than that

Old
10-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money View Post
Bryz was on a defensive minded team in Phoenix.
More important is the different hockey environment in both cities. One it really doesn't matter how well or bad you are - in the other hockey town, there are no free rides.

Still, it's way too early in the season.

Old
10-28-2011, 03:13 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Bryzgalov still adjusting to Philly pressure

I'm speechless..this is pathetic. Play effin hockey. Why does every player that comes here eventually turn into a fragile head case...

Quote:
Reese believes Bryzgalov is distracted right now, dealing with a large media presence every day, his social interactions on Twitter, the pressure to live up to his $51 million contract, and the expectations in Philly as opposed to Phoenix.

“I know he’s a great quote, he’s a great personality … but at the same time he needs to focus on his job,” Reese said.

“Instead of just worrying about going out and stopping the puck, he’s got himself involved in some other things with the press and Twitter and things like that and he has to simply go out and stop the puck.”

Reese would not accept that one of the reason Bryzgalov’s head is spinning right now is the shoddy play of his defensemen in front of the net.

Too many Flyer D-men are watching plays and not reacting. And that has made Bryzgalov a nervous goalie in net.

“That’s not my place to comment on the defense … I’m not gonna say that,” Reese said. “It’s still the goaltender’s job to make the save. He said that last night in his interview. The offense came through with a lot of goals.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...406&feedID=704

Old
10-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Haute Couturier

Bryzgalov essentially gave up on Twitter at the start of the season so it's a load of BS.

Old
10-28-2011, 03:18 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Bryzgalov essentially gave up on Twitter at the start of the season so it's a load of BS.
Sounds like a crutch to me too....I heard him say in an interview that he didn't even start that account and he's only dabbled in it since. In any event..he's rattled. He better get his head in order for his sake and the sake of the team. Better to deal with this now.

Old
10-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Sounds like a crutch to me too....I heard him say in an interview that he didn't even start that account and he's only dabbled in it since. In any event..he's rattled. He better get his head in order for his sake and the sake of the team. Better to deal with this now.
He's angry. A lot of times an angry player is a focused, motivated player, but sometimes it makes an overly aggressive headcase out of them. Hopefully he's the former. I think he's going to have a big game tomorrow.

Old
10-28-2011, 04:13 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
Man, I really felt for Bryz after that interview. He's always been candid with the media, but he just seemed like he was about to lose it at any moment.

He's a great goalie though - he'll bounce back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Next game, I have a feeling Breezy will do very well. Supposedly at practice today he looks renewed and ready to get back on track. And yea, its the Canes, but honestly, we have been getting our ***** kicked by supposedly average teams. Right now we are technically an average team.
He will be fine needs to stop worrying about everything else and only about what he is getting pd for and that is stopping the puck.The dmen need to get thier heads on straight and react quicker to the play and our forwards need to back check and help the dmen out like someone siad to much space between forwards and the dmen coming into our end.......

Old
10-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
Will Bryzgalov ever be worth his contract?
who cares ! as long as we no longer have SLOP like #33 in White in goal for us ever again !!

Old
10-29-2011, 09:27 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
who cares ! as long as we no longer have SLOP like #33 in White in goal for us ever again !!
Ha! True Dat. and as far as these last few games...every great or even good team goes through adversity. It's a must. Of course the crappy teams just continue to suck. I refuse to believe we are a crappy team.

Old
10-31-2011, 10:41 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

tpanotchCSN Tim Panaccio
days after goalie coach Jeff Reese says Bryz talking too much to the media, #flyers announce new media policy ...

Old
10-31-2011, 10:48 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Bryz turning silent - sort of

Yup..update below

Quote:
New Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, a free spirit who has livened up the team's locker room with his hilarious observations, is turning silent.

Sort of.

Through the team's public-relations department, Bryzgalov requested that he no longer talk to the media (and, in effect, the fans) except after games in which he plays.

The coaching staff and management supported the decision, the Flyers said. (The feeling here is they may have sugguested it.)

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...-sort-of-.html

Old
10-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Bryzgalov requested that he no longer talk to the media (and, in effect, the fans) except after games in which he plays.
So how long until he gets run out of town?

Seriously though, how is that going silent? He's only talking after games like a lot of athletes

Old
10-31-2011, 11:12 AM
PuckBoy33

Boooooooouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
Yeah he REALLY let us down during the shootout against the Rangers in 2009-10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0FIvr74aeY

Last edited by PuckBoy33: 10-31-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old
10-31-2011, 11:29 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmanrulez View Post
Neither of these are bad contracts. Pronger will probably retire at 40 because he gets like 1m in the last 2 years. When he retires cap hit gone!
Lilja makes like 700k...his figure isn't going to cause any problems...
Why is ANYONE not named ed snider worried about Bryz's last 4 years. It's not your money and his hit will be removed if necessary. I have no doubt.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:32 AM
achdumeingute

Lo and behold...team defense is pretty good vs Car and Bryz looks pretty good.
He's VERY good at making the first save...which is what I want my goalie to do. If 3 players are getting multiple whacks...it's NOT the goalie.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Neither of these are bad contracts. Pronger will probably retire at 40 because he gets like 1m in the last 2 years. When he retires cap hit gone!
Lilja makes like 700k...his figure isn't going to cause any problems...
Why is ANYONE not named ed snider worried about Bryz's last 4 years. It's not your money and his hit will be removed if necessary. I have no doubt.
No. This is actually the problem haha. When he retires it stays.

Closed Thread