HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs school bruins again!

Old
10-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
He's also considerably young so he might be around for a while..
Wow. Didn't realize that

1. He's younger than me
2. He's an RFA at the end of the year

He keeps up this play and we won't be scrambling to find our 4th line center every off-season.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Habbadasher

vCash: 500
Quote:
He's also considerably young so he might be around for a while..
Noki played only 10 minutes but what an impact he had.
Massive win by Gauthier, someone really scouted that one well.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Thorn

With the amount of face-palms Julien had I was thinking it would make a great drinking game

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
And then we will have won the Halak trade by a landslide.
To me that's not even up to debate anymore... Eller is worth so much more than a streaky goalie, no matter how good he is when he's on (he couldn't keep his streak for 20-28 games anyway). Halak was great for us when he was here and I thank him for it, but we needed a center like Eller so much more, and Halak has not been a success story in St-Louis...

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SB164

The Habs are two points behind Ottawa for the 8th spot...with 71 games left in their season.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:26 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Jaro Spacek has been a welcome addition

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
The Habs are two points behind Ottawa for the 8th spot...with 71 games left in their season.
5 points behind the leafs for division lead.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:29 PM
lamp9post

Just wanted to agree with the people who have mentioned the improved 4th line. Nokelainen has been very good in his role, very good pickup. Blunden has also played well and it seems like Darche has been playing better also. I was hoping Engqvist would work out as a defensive, penalty killing 4th line centre, but he was a liability out there and Palushaj was miscast as a 4th liner.

Now instead of a patchwork of differently skilled players, we have a true 4th line with an established role.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:32 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
So, we win...and everyone turns to talk smack about Gomez?

I don't get it.

Great ****ing game tonight. So glad to see we're playing more aggressively, and that the PP is finally looking dangerous.
he's due back soon but fits no where. Our fourth line us awesome and isn't his style at all. The other 3 lines are playing great. He just doesn't fit.

I'd give his agent permission to talk to all other teams. Try to get some kind of trade worked out. If no one bites, send him down and offer him on re-entry waivers.

The depth is nice, but he's not going to be happy with less ice time give him the chance to rejuvenate his career elsewhere.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
Ask yourself, did you ever think you'd make that statement?

Gotta love Cherry dodging any comments on Subban trolling his baby Bruins. Tis been a good week! What a game, we just need to tighten up a little more in the third but hey, who cares? We dominated Boston entirely. Enjoy the basement Boston.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Just wanted to agree with the people who have mentioned the improved 4th line. Nokelainen has been very good in his role, very good pickup. Blunden has also played well and it seems like Darche has been playing better also. I was hoping Engqvist would work out as a defensive, penalty killing 4th line centre, but he was a liability out there and Palushaj was miscast as a 4th liner.

Now instead of a patchwork of differently skilled players, we have a true 4th line with an established role.
You bet! The 4th line knows their roles & to think they've only been together for a few games. Wait till they jell! Nokes on face-offs is way better then I thought. I can also see Blunden doing some agitating soon enough.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I really love how Gauthier always gets trashed for making these types of trades, like Moore or Nokelainen, and after a few games fans realize it was a great addition to the club. At the end of the year, they'll still give little credit to him, instead they will criticize him for not re-signing the players.
We got Moore for a 2nd rounder. We got Nokelainen for Trotter and a 7th. Sorry but who trashed that trade again? And yes, at one point, you cannot say that a guy fits PERFECTLY a team and you end up not signing him especially when it's not like he's asking for the world. So, SO FAR, as I expected THIS TIME, Nokelainen is a great addition. And if he continues this way, let's hope he's in the plans for the future. But let's wait shall we?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Not much talk about Blunden, but I was really impressed with his game tonight. Big, fast, physical, and always giving it 100%.

Eller and Kositsyn have been great as well. If only Eller buried a couple more of those.

As others have mentioned, Cole has been great as well. Loving the speed our big guys have.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
So what's going on over on the Bruins board? They all ready to jump off a building yet..
At this moment, Bruins board = Habs board 3 games ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post

Gotta love Cherry dodging any comments on Subban trolling his baby Bruins. Tis been a good week! What a game, we just need to tighten up a little more in the third but hey, who cares? We dominated Boston entirely. Enjoy the basement Boston.
Touche!

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
In October? Sure. In March? We'll see

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:38 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
Apologies for quoting my own comment, but seriously, who here back in October thought that the abovementioned would be the case?

Oh and just to top it off, the Bruins are last in the East. Say it with me folks, P-A-R-I-T-Y.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

On the game, great game tonight. Couple of things to work on obviously, but it's great to see all 4 lines looking this good.

Now, if we had to be careful in tough times.....let's not be too carried away. We played Philly who when they don't have Pronger, they look almost like and AHL and they have no goalies and we played Boston who has no life. Not detrimental to Habs play 'cause more often then not, we are responsible for not giving any of those teams some breathing room. But at the moment we took them, they are BIG in names....not in play. Let's hope this this long break will not affect our momentum.

In the meantime...it's fun to see them play again. Congrats to everybody.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Protest the Hero

Do the Bruins PGT threads triple in size too when they lose?

What a sad bunch of fans we have here. Only talking about the one who show up when we lose obviously.

Also I agree with Whitesnake, haven't had a problem with any Gauthier trade so far, but keeping the guys whom we traded for around is the problem.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
he's due back soon but fits no where. Our fourth line us awesome and isn't his style at all. The other 3 lines are playing great. He just doesn't fit.

I'd give his agent permission to talk to all other teams. Try to get some kind of trade worked out. If no one bites, send him down and offer him on re-entry waivers.

The depth is nice, but he's not going to be happy with less ice time give him the chance to rejuvenate his career elsewhere.
Problem is that he's a long-time veteran and is going to get his 2nd line centre position back without question.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Not much talk about Blunden, but I was really impressed with his game tonight. Big, fast, physical, and always giving it 100%.

Eller and Kositsyn have been great as well. If only Eller buried a couple more of those.

As others have mentioned, Cole has been great as well. Loving the speed our big guys have.
Agreed about the Eller and Kostisyn duo, they are playing great, Eller could be leading the league in goals for all the chances hes missed

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Parity? Hopefully both Boston and Toronto will regress to their mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
To me that's not even up to debate anymore... Eller is worth so much more than a streaky goalie, no matter how good he is when he's on (he couldn't keep his streak for 20-28 games anyway). Halak was great for us when he was here and I thank him for it, but we needed a center like Eller so much more, and Halak has not been a success story in St-Louis...
The day until the Blues' GM admits he has lost the Halak trade with Montreal will arrive eventually.

Mathradio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Lshap

Man -- the Bell Centre was rocking!! Lots of Bruins fans in attendance, with a lot of back-and-forth gesturing between fans. I was in the white section and there was one semi-incident between a few rival fans. I watched the security guys talk some long-haired Bruin fan down, and after about 10 minutes everyone was cool.

Not surprisingly, almost all the Bruins jerseys belonged to young guys who drove up for the weekend. The few I talked to were nice (as most people are in person) and really appreciated the intense atmosphere and the rivalry. Gotta give them credit for showing up to a place where they got major-league booing.

And let's face it -- it's tough being a Bruins fan right now.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
HF-Addict

Refs were very good tonight.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
So, we win...and everyone turns to talk smack about Gomez?

I don't get it.

Great ****ing game tonight. So glad to see we're playing more aggressively, and that the PP is finally looking dangerous.
I don't think we talk smack about him, just saying that we don't miss all that much. And in a night where his two potential "replacements" plays well and scores. Eller is getting better and better offensively and especially defensively makes us forget Gomez while DD is continuing to produce and actually improves his game in the faceoffs circle, an aspect that the pro-Gomez were using to bash DD.

I also heard that when either Eller or DD gets to play against stronger opposition like Gomez did, they will crash and burn. I certainly did not see that in the last 3 games.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Like above poster... UP

I don't think it's smack on Scottie, just more like don't rush back.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote