HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#10 Kings @ Coyotes 10/29/11 - POST GAME LOSS THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
10-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
At this point it's looking like were pretty fortunate to have Penner and Stoll's contracts end after this season
Amen.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
What about when he's not rusty?
Hopefully never again. Ever.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
for all the hate he gets, Matt Greene had a great game, prob the best kings dman tonight
Agreed. Bummer to lose this one. They had plenty of chances to prevent this from going to OT. That said, I'll take the loss now provided there are no repeats of this in the playoffs.

I liked Richardson's play tonight. Penner had a few bright spots driving to the net.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:28 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

I need to see more from Stoll.

Parse had a good game other than the obvious penalty.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
At this point it's looking like were pretty fortunate to have Penner and Stoll's contracts end after this season
At this point it really is best to just let them play together. It limits the damage they can cause other players who are actually putting in an effort and trying to produce. It's just so hilarious that Penner does crap with Brown and Richards, they insert Parse and that line suddenly comes to life. Richardson and Hunter/Moreau do nothing with Stoll all year, they get a chance to skate with Kopitar and the line scores on their 2nd shift together and plays a very strong game.

It will be interesting to see what they do when Gagne comes back. There is no way Terry will ever sit Stoll. But he may sit Penner in favor of Gagne. Which I have no problem with. This would clearly be a better team with Loktionov and Gagne over Penner and Stoll. But we will sadly probably have to wait until next season to be rid of these 2 stiffs. And if we never acquire another former Oiler consider it a positive.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 152
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Seriously. Is there no justice.

Johnson had an average game and ends up a -3

Doughty plays horrific and is a +1...
That's the magical power of Willie Mitchell

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:30 PM
mbar

Sure felt like we were the better team. Proud we battled and earned at least a point going into the third down a goal.

Drew looked bad. He seems to try to hard. Like he is thinking to himself. "I'm drew doughty I need to single handedly rush the puck from end to end, after all I am the new bobby Orr."

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Yea I am more concerned about the play of Stoll then Doughty. His faceoffs are still just above 50, which is solod...but everything else looks...I dunno..ineffective.
Even those faceoffs are beginning to look a bit overrated I would say. 53.1% so far, Kopitar 53% this season. Back in the old times, his % was so much better that he was out there just for the FO. I don't remember when was the last time TM did a drastic change just to make Stoll take FO instead of Kopitar or Richards.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quick has not lost in regulation. 6-0-2

I think Quick will get the start tomorrow, since the Avalanche have been playing really well.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:37 PM
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*

I thought that was a pretty good game overall. I don't think Parse or Penner had a bad game at all. I liked Brown's defensive effort towards the end of regulation, I just wish he'd be as physical as we all know him to be. I think he's afraid of the Shanaban or something. Doughty looked rusty, as expected. I miss Kyle Clifford fighting people.

Glad this team at least got a point. Good teams do that. Hopefully they don't come out slow against Colorado tomorrow.

TwoMinutesWellWorthI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:39 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

I like to see Bernier get the start tomorrow.

He's do for a W.

Old
10-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I like to see Bernier get the start tomorrow.

He's do for a W.
DUE you want him to get a shutout?

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:55 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
DUE you want him to get a shutout?
I due.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:15 AM
bobafettish*

just finished watching.

good:
we looked pretty dominant.
2nd PP unit looks so much better than the first.
think penner had his best game .
bad:
DD looked awful.
though dominating the game we made a few stupid decisions. like matt greene passing back to JJ when all the pressure was on his side.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:03 AM
deeshamrock

Tough way to end that one, given the Kings had a strong game, however, it's a long season, you take the point and move on.

On a positive note, I think Parse had given the Kings a solid 2nd line. I thought MR looked more comfortable and loose than he has so far this year. Parse is creative enough and brings the speed and energy that Richards thrives on. I think maybe the weight of carrying that line is gone now. Brown even looked better. Maybe this is good fit; I thought their line was the most consistant allnight. They can build on this effort and Richards having 4 shots tonight and 3 hits along with the goal (and rescuing his mouth guard again) supports that he's owning the ice.

Richards and Brown were both more physical tonight and maybe that comes from them feeling better out there.
Loved Richadrs hit at the end of the third. If you mess with one of his guys, he'll never forget your number- Cannon's payback's are a *****...

HOpefully one of the coaches can show Doughty his miscues and point out why that John Wayne rushes up the ice (as on the PP ) killed them.
I know he lost training camp and is behind a bit in that regard and somewhat rusty. He'll get better the more he plays. But I would have rather had 3 forwards and JJ out there on the 4 on 3. I saw Kopi, Richards and JJ moving, Doughty didn't budge. But maybe that's because he'd not been with them on the PP enough yet.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

The more I think about it....even on a 3rd line role...Lokti > Stoll? Maybe? At least Lokti would make the players around him better.

I guess patience will just pay off on this one when we don't re-sign Stoll.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:13 AM
KingLB

People do realize, the reason DD didn't move on the PP in OT is because they were running a set play? The same set play that JJ scored twice on this year?

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:19 AM
Face Wash

Sometimes you play poorly and win, sometimes you play well and lose. Tonight was the latter. Some guys made mistakes, but overall I was happy with the effort. Richardson in particular was fantastic tonight. I thought Hunter earned some ice time tonight too. Tough way to lose with 43.7 left on an innocent play but you can't get mad at Quick, he's been so good.

Get 'em tomorrow!

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
People do realize, the reason DD didn't move on the PP in OT is because they were running a set play? The same set play that JJ scored twice on this year?
true, but since he never moves ever on any other powerplay, it's easy to be critical of him when he yet again isn't moving.

This is what he is though, for 2 years he hasn't moved without the puck. He needs coaching off Voynov on how to be active

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

They need to let Johnson keep carrying the puck into the zone on the PP. He is better than Doughty at doing that, and always has been.

Doughty was having a tough time skating the puck in tonight. And his shooting was awful, he Stoll'ed atleast 3 one-timers wildly off the glass.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:49 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Really no need for us to complain. We have gotten points in all but two games. DD sucked today but should get better. There are obviously several reasons why this lineup does not work right now from a management perspective but how awesome would it be to see this as our lineup?

Gagne-kopitar-Williams
Parse-Richards-brown
Penner-loktionov-Richardson
Clifford-stoll-Lewis

Doughty-Mitchell
Scuderi-Johnson
Voynov-Greene

Stanley cup anyone?

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 02:08 AM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
So Drew plays like **** and John Jackson finishes -3.
Seriously. Stats don't tell the whole story but it's still lame that JMFJ gets all the crap thrown at him when he's been playing great this season.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 03:03 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
I love all the hate for DD, JJ fans get more and more insecure every day He missed training camp and has played 3 games, calm down.
I'm not worried about the fact that his timing was off or that he was shanking his shots, I'm worried about the fact that game 1 back from his injury and we've already seen the return of pass To Kopitar, pass to Doughty, pass to Kopitar, pass to Doughty, rinse, repeat, retard. Maybe it's not Kompon's fault after all...

And honestly, what. the. ****. with Johnson? The guy's seemingly allergic to Doughty. It's just nuts.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 03:56 AM
RightKinger

Kings look 10X more dangerous with Gagne in the lineup. Penner is a shift killer. Williams sucked tonight. Quick was great. Second line played well and Parse had his best game.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 06:02 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I'm sure the usual panic monkeys will freak out over the loss but the Kings played a great game tonight and just didn't get the bounces. Smith was great.
QFT.

As for Doughty, he was pretty bad, but give him a break.

This isn't my insight. I called Mr.Obvious during the game.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote