HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

All-purpose prospect thread (all St. John's and Jets prospect talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2011, 09:16 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Scheifele with a goal and an assit in a 4-3 loss. Telegin picks up an assist as well.

Old
10-28-2011, 10:37 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Saturday, October 29

Jets CHL Prospects Report for Saturday, October 29

Windsor Spitfires 1 Barrie Colts 5
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/58773
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...132866808.html

Mark Scheifele, BAR; G-1, A-3, Plus/Minus +2, PIM-2
Mark scores the opening goal of the game, then assists on the Colts 3rd, 4th and 5th goals.
Mark gets into a huge multi-player scuffle in front of the Windsor bench with 1:47 left in the game.
Interestingly, Mark is already 4th leading scorer on the Colts with 2 goals and 6 assists in 3 games.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...s/ls_season/44

Ivan Telegin, BAR; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus -1, PIM-0
Go figure, Colts win 5-1 and Ivan goes -1 for the night

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Art...aspx?e=3351739

Quote:
On his first home shift of the season, Mark Scheifele carved through the Windsor defence alongside Tanner Pearson before the winger set up Winnipeg's first-round pick for a perfect one-timer, giving Barrie a 1-0 lead just 48 seconds in.

"It was definitely good to get up like that," said Scheifele, who now has eight points in his first three contests back with the Colts. "It was a big confidence boost and it was good to take that on for the rest of the game."

It was clear that Barrie's rebuilt top line, with Scheifele down the middle, didn't miss a beat as far as chemistry was concerned.

"Me, Scheifele and Behenna played together all summer, and we know how we all play," said Pearson, now tied for the league lead with 33 points. "That makes it easier to find each other."

Several fights took place on the ice, with a number of the players trying to get at Scheifele, including Windsor enforcer Ty Bilcke, who jumped off of the bench.

"The big thing (for us) was holding the bench, because one of their guys jumped the bench," Hawerchuk said. "Then my guys started trying to come over, and I was yelling like crazy at them to hold the bench."

"We just have to keep our heads on the game and not worry about anything else," Scheifele said. "There's going to be a bit of rivalry going on there."
http://windsorspitfires2.com/game_blog.php
Quote:
Rockhead Game Blog
A final note: Mark Scheifele's return has really bolstered this Barrie club's chances. He was a man among boys tonight, with four points.

Kitchener Rangers 3 Erie Otters 4 (OT)
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/58770
http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/arti...rs-in-overtime

Julian Melchiori, KIT; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus -2, PIM-2
Cody Sol, KIT; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus 0, PIM-2

Peterborough Petes 4 Belleville Bulls 1
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/58770
http://www.bellevillebulls.com/artic...-petes-prevail

Austen Brassard, BEL; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus -1, PIM-0
Uneventful day for Austen, no points, no penalties, -1

Regina Pats 2 Moose Jaw Warriors 3
http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/59551
http://www.mjtimes.sk.ca/Sports/Hock...eat-Pats-3-2/1

Kendall McFaull
Kendall out of the line-up for his 5th straight game with a lower body injury.

Swift Current Broncos 0 Medicine Hat Tigers 5
http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/59552

Adam Lowry, SC; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus -2, PIM-10
Adam has had better nights, takes 5 minors and goes -2

Spokane Chiefs 1 Tri-City Americans 3
http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/59555

Zach Yuen, TC; G-0, A-0, Plus/Minus 0, PIM-0

Friday's Jets prospects results; Scheifele, Telegin, Brassard and Lowry earn points while Melchiori and Sol have strong defensive games

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 10-30-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old
10-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Qubax

Adam Lowry assisted on all 3 goals tonight....

he regularily gets in fights....

he's a beast. PWF in the making...

in a few years having Ladd, Kane and Lowry on the wings to augment Centres Burmistrov and Scheifele will be awesome...

Great core you guys are building up front...and well all know about Bogosian, Enstrom and Buff..

Old
10-29-2011, 11:30 AM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
Adam Lowry assisted on all 3 goals tonight....
All three of Adam's assists came on the PP. Lowry is a big part of the Broncos PP unit which is currently ranked 2nd in the WHL.

Old
10-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Qubax

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
All three of Adam's assists came on the PP. Lowry is a big part of the Broncos PP unit which is currently ranked 2nd in the WHL.
Excellent point.

I think most thought Adam might be like his dad Dave Lowry...but I believe his upside is much, much, more.

Your Avatar is fitting as I could see Lowry one day being the captain. More importantly I think his peak NHL upside could be better then the 50-55 point peak that Ladd enjoys.

Kids the real deal.

Old
10-29-2011, 02:00 PM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
Excellent point.

I think most thought Adam might be like his dad Dave Lowry...but I believe his upside is much, much, more.

Your Avatar is fitting as I could see Lowry one day being the captain. More importantly I think his peak NHL upside could be better then the 50-55 point peak that Ladd enjoys.

Kids the real deal.
I wish this was true, but I'll be reserved about making projections regarding Lowry's play. That said I'm pretty happy with Lowry's performance thus far this season.

Old
10-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
I think Lowry is a long-term project, but I'm very confident he'll work out. I think he's one of those guys that has more puck skills than he credits himself with. It seems like he goes towards the grinding style of game, when he could try for a skill game as well. It shows on the PP when you can see he changes his mindset.

I see some Callahan upside in him.

Old
10-29-2011, 07:18 PM
krazy kanuck

Junior Update

FYI - Scheifele Is playing on the top line with Behenna/Pearson and has 4 points in the first period of his first home game at the BMC. Huge smile on his face as he tapped gloves with the goalie Niederberger after the fourth. Telegin is playing on the second line and is pointless.

Colts 4 - Spitfires 0 after one.

Old
10-29-2011, 07:31 PM
surixon

Thanks a lot for the update. I was looking for the boxscores but it isn't working on the CHL site. Great to see him off to an outstanding start. That makes it 8 points since being back so far!

Old
10-29-2011, 07:33 PM
surixon

Thanks a lot for the update. That makes it 8 points since being back so far. Great to see him off to an outstanding start!

Old
10-29-2011, 08:07 PM
krazy kanuck

4-1 now, uneventful 2nd... Telegin had one nice rush and dished off, hopped over Hall's stick for the tap in.

Old
10-29-2011, 08:16 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
FYI - Scheifele Is playing on the top line with Behenna/Pearson and has 4 points in the first period of his first home game at the BMC. Huge smile on his face as he tapped gloves with the goalie Niederberger after the fourth. Telegin is playing on the second line and is pointless.

Colts 4 - Spitfires 0 after one.
According to the Windsor Spitfires broadcast on AM800, Mark didn't get an assist on the 2nd Barrie goal. He's only got a G and 2 A's.

Edit: Scheifele DID get a third assist on Barrie's fifth goal in the third period

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 10-29-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Scheifele update
Old
10-29-2011, 09:49 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
According to the Windsor Spitfires broadcast on AM800, Mark didn't get an assist on the 2nd Barrie goal. He's only got a G and 2 A's.

Edit: Scheifele DID get a third assist on Barrie's fifth goal in the third period
Yeah, sorry, I either saw and heard wrong or they changed the scoring play. I'm going to with the latter, I'm too young to be losing either my sight or my hearing.

Significant scuffle at the end of the game. Mark was checked from behind, then on a subsequent face off got into a melee immediately after the puck hit the ground. Players ended up in the other team's bench...it was a mess. Why Hawerchuk had Mark on the ice to begin with is anyones guess . Anyway, he seemed to be fine, sat on the bench the rest of the game and came out to pat the goalie on the head at the end. Bad blood...and there is a rematch next Thursday.

Old
10-29-2011, 09:54 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Quote:
Yeah, sorry, I either saw and heard wrong or they changed the scoring play. I'm going to with the latter, I'm too young to be losing either my sight or my hearing.

Significant scuffle at the end of the game. Mark was checked from behind, then on a subsequent face off got into a melee immediately after the puck hit the ground. Players ended up in the other team's bench...it was a mess. Why Hawerchuk had Mark on the ice to begin with is anyones guess . Anyway, he seemed to be fine, sat on the bench the rest of the game and came out to pat the goalie on the head at the end. Bad blood...and there is a rematch next Thursday.
Scoring summary finally came thru on the OHL site. Says Mark wasn't penalized in that scuffle. Surprised about that. Thought he went goon

EDIT; Spoke too soon. Alot more penalties showing up on the summary now. Mark did get a roughing penalty @ 18:13 of the third. haha.

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 10-29-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: summary updated
Old
10-29-2011, 09:59 PM
reckless_abandon

Quote:

Pretty sure they had a power play at the time. Padding the stats? Despite an amazing 1st period, Windsor played a great game, backed by Jack Campbell. I was really impressed, this was the first time I've watched Scheifele in person, and from hearing all the comments that his skating/speed needs work, he has a very fluid stride. I question the decision to send him back down. Play in the OHL is going to do very little for his development. I really think there should be a way that teams can apply to have players play in the AHL under the proper circumstances.

Old
10-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless_abandon View Post
I question the decision to send him back down. Play in the OHL is going to do very little for his development. I really think there should be a way that teams can apply to have players play in the AHL under the proper circumstances.
The Jets didn't give him much of a chance in terms of line mates and ice time. Maybe they wanted him to center a checking line and weren't impressed with his shutdown ability? He didn't have much success in the face-off circle either. But compare Scheifele's situation to RNH centering between Hall and Eberle and seeing lots of PP time...I don't doubt Scheifele would be getting a point per game with big minutes and talented wingers.

Old
10-29-2011, 10:26 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Pretty sure they had a power play at the time. Padding the stats?
They did have a power play at the time. But whatever the reason, it wasn't very bright. There's no need to have your best players out there when Scheifele just got hit from behind a few moments earlier. It was getting rough and it was a 4 goal lead. I think Terreri etal. could have taken it from there.

Old
10-29-2011, 10:35 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Pretty sure they had a power play at the time. Padding the stats? Despite an amazing 1st period, Windsor played a great game, backed by Jack Campbell. I was really impressed, this was the first time I've watched Scheifele in person, and from hearing all the comments that his skating/speed needs work, he has a very fluid stride. I question the decision to send him back down. Play in the OHL is going to do very little for his development. I really think there should be a way that teams can apply to have players play in the AHL under the proper circumstances.
Thanks for update and it's appreciated. I would like to see Mark continue to shred it, pour in a allot of points, and challenge for the PPG average lead in the OHL. Then if he can throw in a good world junior tournament, a solid run in the playoffs, and 10 pounds of muscle I would say he has probably spent quality time in the O this year. I would just like to see Mark have that lights out junior year and come into camp next year at 200

glad he is thriving so far that is a really positive step

Old
10-29-2011, 10:36 PM
bodybreak
We're Back!

Quote:

My friend that was at that game texted me right after that to say that a coach may have also fought a fan... What did you see?

Old
10-29-2011, 10:44 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
My friend that was at that game texted me right after that to say that a coach may have also fought a fan... What did you see?
I just can't imagine Dale pommeling a fan Mike Milbury style

Old
10-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Sweech
COYS!

I liked the fact that Barries last game was against Jack Campbell in net.

Last edited by Le Golie: 10-30-2011 at 04:43 AM. Reason: quoted deleted post
Old
10-30-2011, 12:09 AM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
The Jets didn't give him much of a chance in terms of line mates and ice time. Maybe they wanted him to center a checking line and weren't impressed with his shutdown ability? He didn't have much success in the face-off circle either. But compare Scheifele's situation to RNH centering between Hall and Eberle and seeing lots of PP time...I don't doubt Scheifele would be getting a point per game with big minutes and talented wingers.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:10 AM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
That's what I was thinking when I read that too.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I was considering signing up for OHL Livestream so I could watch the games, but just signing up to watch Colts games would cost me just under $200 for the season. Ouch.

10-30-2011, 12:16 AM
supahdupah
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I was considering signing up for OHL Livestream so I could watch the games, but just signing up to watch Colts games would cost me just under $200 for the season. Ouch.
Heh, I did the same. $200 is a little steep for what is probably a poor quality feed.

Closed Thread