HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton Eskimos 2011 part 3: Edmonton(10-6) vs BC(9-7)

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2011, 12:31 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
This was always going to be a relatively low scoring battle with the stakes so high. The defence put the entire team 14 points behind the eight ball before the game was even ten minutes old.
So thats it then? No reason for the offense even to show up in the game?

I don't buy it.

Theres been several games this year where the offense didn't get its job done and that the D played hard all game.

This performance by the offense is another in a series of disgraces. You don't win in the CFL putting up 7pts in a half. Although by now this Esks offense expects to be able to win that way..

Old
10-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
FWIW I haven't been so pissed off all season except for how this offense plays against the lions. They just ****ing lay down. Continually. Do people forget this abortion of an offense scored 1pt against the Leos in an earlier game?

How the hell do you not have your game face on as an offense after how much they've been embarrassed by the Leos this year.
I dunno. That Lions D is nothing special. Pretty much every other team has put up points on them. We've given them the night off three times with piss poor play calling and execution.

Typing with one hand sucks. Too bad I can't be like Ray and shrug off losing like it's no big deal.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:32 AM
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
Quote:
So thats it then? No reason for the offense even to show up in the game?

I don't buy it.

Theres been several games this year where the offense didn't get its job done and that the D played hard all game.

This performance by the offense is another in a series of disgraces. You don't win in the CFL putting up 7pts in a half. Although by now this Esks offense expects to be able to win that way..
You don't win games by giving up 14 points in just over half a quarter, either.

And don't try to tell me that the D played hard all of this game, because they clearly didn't.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
I dunno. That Lions D is nothing special. Pretty much every other team has put up points on them. We've given them the night off three times with piss poor play calling and execution.

Typing with one hand sucks. Too bad I can't be like Ray and shrug off losing like it's no big deal.
I hear you.

People excusing the Esks offense in this one seem to forget that 1 pt debacle, the worst performance EVER at Commonwealth happened against the very same Lions. You figure Ray and the offense would have something to prove instead of laying down yet another night.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:38 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
You don't win games by giving up 14 points in just over half a quarter, either.

And don't try to tell me that the D played hard all of this game, because they clearly didn't.
Unlike the offense, which has given up outright in several games this year, the D have hung tough and including tonight. They didn't give up. They were warriors compared to how the offense was lining up. All the intensity was on D, we had jacksquat going offensively. You think the intensity on both sides of the ball was equal. Seriously?

The Offense walked off the field time and time again like the game didn't matter.
By my take the D at least had a good 40mins tonight. The Esks offense played well for all of 10mins.

This team wouldn't even be in a playoff position without this D.

Anyway I'm pissed and bowing out for tonight. I'm so angry at the offense I'm unlikely to see it any other way.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:38 AM
McDeepika

I thought Ray had a pretty good 2nd half to be honest. He is still a pretty good QB when he gets rid of the ball quickly. He is totally useless when the plays are extended.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:41 AM
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Unlike the offense, which has given up outright in several games this year, the D have hung tough and including tonight. They didn't give up.

On the other hand the Offense walked off the field time and time again like the game didn't matter.
By my take the D at least had a good 40mins tonight. The Esks offense played well for all of 10mins.

They didn't give up because they never started in this game. If they did we would have won, simple as that.

Also a "good 40 minutes" isn't the same as "a good 60 minutes". They took 5 minutes off the last game against the Argos and it nearly cost us!

Also it sure looked like they gave up after the offense that you're chastising so hard brought us to within 2. They could've held the Lions offense to a field goal or less, but they didn't do it. They took a stupid penalty and then allowed Bruce an easy TD.

I can understand blaming the offense, but if you're only blaming them you're way off the mark. You mentioned earlier how the offense should be jumping after they got held to a single point in Edmonton.

Well what about the defense that got lit up for 35 points?

You can't simply blame one facet of the game. Both failed. Simple as that.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:43 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Unlike the offense, which has given up outright in several games this year, the D have hung tough and including tonight. They didn't give up. They were warriors compared to how the offense was lining up. All the intensity was on D, we had jacksquat going offensively. You think the intensity on both sides of the ball was equal. Seriously?

The Offense walked off the field time and time again like the game didn't matter.

That's fine. But it would be nice if they actually showed up come crunch time as opposed to when the pressure is off. That was an absolutely repugnant first quarter following what was arguably the worst quarter of football played by a defence this season.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Kyle McMahon

I'm not going to give the defense as pass tonight. They showed up late and gave up a back breaking drive. But they played well enough for us to win. It says something that they still did that during one of their worst outings of the year. With even an average offense, we would have been 13-5 this year and already home and cooled. Stamps and Bowman are top five receivers in this league, and we have capable personnel in the backfield. The lack of production in spite of this is just shameful.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
They didn't give up because they never started in this game. If they did we would have won, simple as that.

Also a "good 40 minutes" isn't the same as "a good 60 minutes". They took 5 minutes off the last game against the Argos and it nearly cost us!

Also it sure looked like they gave up after the offense that you're chastising so hard brought us to within 2. They could've held the Lions offense to a field goal or less, but they didn't do it. They took a stupid penalty and then allowed Bruce an easy TD.

I can understand blaming the offense, but if you're only blaming them you're way off the mark. You mentioned earlier how the offense should be jumping after they got held to a single point in Edmonton.

Well what about the defense that got lit up for 35 points?You can't simply blame one facet of the game. Both failed. Simple as that.
I was at that game. When your offense can't do anything with the ball the entire game and the D is on all the time you're going to give up pts. There was a ton of shortfields the Leos were starting at that game. In a game like that you can get 20 pts from McCallum alone.

Anyway like I said I'm upset and not prone to being reasonable about this tonight. Sorry for me being steamed.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:49 AM
McDeepika

We are all dissecting the offense and defense but not a lot of talk about the special teams.

I don't know what the final stats looked like, but I thought we got owned in that area as well. Duval had a very weak game punting, and our return game was non existent.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:49 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Anyway, the defence had to stop Lulay after the offence made it 22-20 and they failed emphatically. Story of the game. Game over.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:51 AM
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
I was at that game. When your offense can't do anything with the ball the entire game and the D is on all the time you're going to give up pts. There was a ton of shortfields the Leos were starting at that game. In a game like that you can get 20 pts from McCallum alone.

Anyway like I said I'm upset and not prone to being reasonable about this tonight. Sorry for me being steamed.
It's fine, I'm just as annoyed at how we probably should've won this game...

All 3 areas of the game were a letdown tonight for sure. Blame can be spread to just about everyone.

...Except Hinse.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
It's fine, I'm just as annoyed at how we probably should've won this game...

All 3 areas of the game were a letdown tonight for sure. Blame can be spread to just about everyone.

...Except Hinse.
Man, what guts. Sheesh.

Old
10-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Klaus*

Quote:
People don't seem to get it. The BC Defence has just been decimated by injury. Several substitutions tonight and several playing hurt.

Hamilton Ticats hammered that D with 42 pts just last week.

The Eskimos manage 13 pts in 53mins. Useless.

Lions have a fantastic allstar pac of recievers and the best QB in the league right now and a good RB. They're going to usually get their pts.

But the Eskimos should have been able to put 30pts on the board tonight.

Inexcusable that this offense didn't do **** against a battered BC D.
It's amazing how you make every excuse under the sun for the defense.

Wait.. how many points did BC put up against Hamilton last week? Their offense isn't some amazing unstoppable out of control mack truck like you make it out to be.

Old
10-30-2011, 01:32 AM
McDorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 50
From what I saw, both the D and the offense blew this one. I have to edge on the side of Replacement here though, regarding the offense. They should have put up the points a number of times, but failed to do so. Stamps had an off game, and I'm still wondering how to read Ray. Is he becoming washed up?

One thing I've noticed in a number of games this year regarding Ray, is when the Esks make an interception, he does not take advantage of it. I don't think he has all year, especially at important times of the game. I'm pretty sure on at least 4 or 5 of these types of plays this year, Ray has taken a time count violation after a timely interception. That is all on Ray IMO.

Old
10-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Tyrolean

RR is too slow to ever win the big games anymore. Lulay never once got sacked and posed a extra run threat every time. With everything being equal, a good mobile OB will win out over a drop back QB. Without max protection RR is a sitting duck out there. He'll look good in some games but ultimately if the O-line isn't all star great the Esks don't have much of a chance with RR.

Closed Thread