HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anaheim @ Nashville 7:00

Old
10-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Team seems to be finding its identity, and the return of Fish, Erat and Boullion have definitely stabilized the youngsters a bit. And very clearly, this team does NOT like the Ducks.

Let's hope the wheels don't come falling off with injuries now, and that Fish and SK are ready to go Monday.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 10:58 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Great win! Shutout!

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 10:59 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

I dig it.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:05 PM
TootooTrain
-

Rinne, beast mode and gets the scoring support. Fantastic! Two great games in a row. Keep the good vibrations going.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:47 PM
hockey diva

The Ducks are dirty ass **********. I'm glad I missed the Halloween party I was invited to for the game. There was still some rough patches but it looked like the guys were bringing it. Huge game Monday and a big wwestern roadie coming up. Will tell us alot about this team especially if Fisher is out.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 12:16 AM
SK74 Snipes

Great game by the Preds.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:19 AM
AEM6729

Anyone have a clip of what happened with Toots and Perry? I was at the game so I saw it only in real-time, but what I thought happened was Perry slashed Toots on the wrist as he was heading off for a change, and Toots being typical Toots went down as if he had been shot (although it probably does hurt pretty bad to be slashed in the non-padded part of the wrist, if that's where he really got tapped)...and I swear I saw Getzlaf get really pissed about it and it looked like he slashed Toots while he was down. Am I just making that up?!

Haven't seen a replay of the Fisher hit either. Anyone remember which shoulder is Fisher's bad one? You'd almost hope it's a concussion (it would be his first I think) instead of his surgically-repaired shoulder getting destroyed.

We cannot seem to keep our entire Top 6 healthy!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:24 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
check hockeyfights.com for the replay of the tootoo incident, and i think the video on np.com shows the fisher hit.

Fisher hit in photos...

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Anyone have a clip of what happened with Toots and Perry? I was at the game so I saw it only in real-time, but what I thought happened was Perry slashed Toots on the wrist as he was heading off for a change, and Toots being typical Toots went down as if he had been shot (although it probably does hurt pretty bad to be slashed in the non-padded part of the wrist, if that's where he really got tapped)...and I swear I saw Getzlaf get really pissed about it and it looked like he slashed Toots while he was down. Am I just making that up?!

Haven't seen a replay of the Fisher hit either. Anyone remember which shoulder is Fisher's bad one? You'd almost hope it's a concussion (it would be his first I think) instead of his surgically-repaired shoulder getting destroyed.

We cannot seem to keep our entire Top 6 healthy!
Perry attempted to spear Tootoo with a good amount of force and thankfully missed for the most part, but still caught him in the leg with his blade. Tootoo said after the game that it caused a "stinger" which sent him down.

It was away from the play and totally unnecessary. Perry should have been tossed for intent to injure for the attempted spear and I hope will be hearing from Shanahan since this is not his first incident with a stick and I doubt it'll be his last.

As for the Fisher hit, I still haven't seen a replay, but from my vantage point in the arena Beauchemin lined up Fisher from across the ice and targeted his head while launching himself into the hit. Beauchemin's skates immediately came off the ice upon contact and he clearly hit Fisher in the head.

Replay might prove me wrong, but IMO Beauchemin should also be hearing from Shanahan before the Ducks next game.

Great win! Team stayed composed and didn't stoop to Anaheim's level. Sucks to lose Fisher, but the team will carry on again as he recovers. Will be interesting to see if he travels with the team to Chicago tomorrow...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:40 AM
Predsfan80

Wish I could of seen the game but was at TPac watching Wicked. Good win by the Preds! Lets keep up the good work.

Predsfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:54 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Perry attempted to spear Tootoo with a good amount of force and thankfully missed for the most part, but still caught him in the leg with his blade. Tootoo said after the game that it caused a "stinger" which sent him down.

It was away from the play and totally unnecessary. Perry should have been tossed for intent to injure for the attempted spear and I hope will be hearing from Shanahan since this is not his first incident with a stick and I doubt it'll be his last.

As for the Fisher hit, I still haven't seen a replay, but from my vantage point in the arena Beauchemin lined up Fisher from across the ice and targeted his head while launching himself into the hit. Beauchemin's skates immediately came off the ice upon contact and he clearly hit Fisher in the head.

Replay might prove me wrong, but IMO Beauchemin should also be hearing from Shanahan before the Ducks next game.

Great win! Team stayed composed and didn't stoop to Anaheim's level. Sucks to lose Fisher, but the team will carry on again as he recovers. Will be interesting to see if he travels with the team to Chicago tomorrow...
From the replays I could see, the contact was shoulder/shoulder, and I didn't note him jumping into the hit, though I would need another look or two to feel confident in that. I do think the hit came from a blind spot, though am not sure if that would be a factor in any disciplinary action. I'm going to guess that, for one reason or another, no disciplinary action for either Beauchemin or Perry. Just hope Fisher isn't on the shelf for an extended time.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:56 AM
AEM6729

Question: the refs called Illegal Hit to the Head on Beauchemin during the game. According to this rule ( http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=64063 ), it's an automatic 5-minute major and a game misconduct. There's no provision for a double minor under this rule. (ETA: He actually only got 2 minutes for the illegal check to the head and 2 for roughing...that is ********. The rulebook CLEARLY states there is NO provision for a minor penalty under this rule. If they didn't want to hit him with 5 minutes and a misconduct they could've just called charging or something instead.)

Whether it actually was a hit to the head is another matter...but it's what the refs called, and it looks like they got the PIMs wrong. What's up with that? There's really no gray area on what the amount of PIMs should be.

Also....totally different subject but....isn't Perry the one who speared Rinne in the groin during the playoffs last year? What an *******.

Last edited by AEM6729: 10-30-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old
10-30-2011, 01:59 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post

Did you see what Getzlaf did to Toots while he was down? Was he just talking ****? I could've sworn I saw him make or try to make some kind of contact.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:09 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Did you see what Getzlaf did to Toots while he was down? Was he just talking ****? I could've sworn I saw him make or try to make some kind of contact.
Yes, Getzlaf thought Tootoo dove and was trying to slash at him while on the ice. At the same time, Perry had skated away and was suckering someone away from the play trying to create a brawl...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 02:32 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
Toots first made sort of an attempted check on Perry. It was more pesky than anything, just Toots trying to get under his skin, and then, Perry sort of chopped at Toots legs. It didn't look that bad, honestly, but Toots went into the fetal position and got the call.

I don't know. Sometimes I appreciate that type of stuff, but other times Toots likes to embellish. I thought he was embellishing. He also went down in the crease and drew the double minor high stick. I didn't get a good look at the replay, but thought it was sort of weak seeing him drop to the ice twice in about a 5 min span.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 03:43 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Good win, but guys... seriously... don't troll the Anaheim board. We're better than that

@gobears19, Tootoo definitely dove. Against that team, however, that's what needs to happen sometimes. If you ice Perry you can't whine about diving.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 04:00 AM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Good win, but guys... seriously... don't troll the Anaheim board. We're better than that

@gobears19, Tootoo definitely dove. Against that team, however, that's what needs to happen sometimes. If you ice Perry you can't whine about diving.
Exactly. It's not like it's a common occurrence. When you have Perry and Getz chopping at your shins all game long without getting called, sometimes it's alright to embellish it if they take it too far.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 04:09 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I think the diving on Tootoo's part is fine. I do not condone it, but I understand it. We are talking about a guy (Perry) who put his stick between Rinne's legs during the play offs. To hell with him. But we cannot troll their boards. Call him out here all you want. Don't troll their boards. Please. If only to make my weekend easier.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 08:56 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

That was a fun game to watch, helped along by the fact that we kicked that team's teeth in. We came at them with a good forecheck, had the advantage on shots (29-20), and played a pretty solid overall game. Hornqvist had his best game of the year so far. The defense sprung the odd leak, but Rinne had the kind of game we've come to expect from him.

Things are happening for this team now. Everybody knows their roles, they're working hard and getting the breaks they need. Hopefully Fisher and Kostitsyn are good to go for Monday.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 10:03 AM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh

That is all. Anaheim, you're like the St. Louis Blues fans to me... dirty and worthless.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 10:06 AM
pekkaslap

That .gif will never get old. Ha.

pekkaslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 10:12 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
check hockeyfights.com for the replay of the tootoo incident, and i think the video on np.com shows the fisher hit.

Fisher hit in photos...
That was a blind side hit! Should have been a 5 and a gamer. I was watching the Wisconsin Badger game on Friday night. The exact same thing happened. The UN-Omaha player was given a major and a game misconduct for "checking from behind". Why are college refs better than the NHL refs who worked this game?

The NHL needs to step up the punishment against Anaheim. They were a dirty team in last year's playoffs and got away with it. Now they are getting away with more garbage on the ice. Is the NHL waiting for a bench clearing brawl to be shown on ESPN to send the Dirty Ducks a message that this type of behavior will not be allowed?

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 10:45 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Didn't see the game, just saw the hit on Fisher. This is exactly the type of hit they're trying to stop. It's like guys coming across the middle in football and getting creamed. I love big hits but not at the expense of a guy who never sees it coming. Much like the hit on Horton in the playoffs. These type of blind side hits need to stop and stop now.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 10:47 AM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
That was a blind side hit! Should have been a 5 and a gamer. I was watching the Wisconsin Badger game on Friday night. The exact same thing happened. The UN-Omaha player was given a major and a game misconduct for "checking from behind". Why are college refs better than the NHL refs who worked this game?

The NHL needs to step up the punishment against Anaheim. They were a dirty team in last year's playoffs and got away with it. Now they are getting away with more garbage on the ice. Is the NHL waiting for a bench clearing brawl to be shown on ESPN to send the Dirty Ducks a message that this type of behavior will not be allowed?
I think the refs realize that if they start cracking down on the Dirty Ducks, they wouldn't win any more games. Playing dirty is how the Ducks thrive.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 10:49 AM
BADofSmashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post

That is all. Anaheim, you're like the St. Louis Blues fans to me... dirty and worthless.
Amen Sir..Amen! The ducks are at the tip top of my S*** list man.. I hate the coward like play man...I don't want to give them the image of a tough team so I will not call them bullies, but its just the cheap unnecessary hits, and it doesn't stop at their players..Randy Carlyle and even their gm. Last season during game 4 with the ducks he reported in Orange County times that we were throwing cheap shots and when they interviewed Carlyle all he could say is "look at the tapes" He has no proof or evidence... and yet still look how the ducks play..So hypocritical. Sorry this turned into a lengthy rant, but I hate the Ducks with such a passion..As quoted before Dirty and worthless.. Glad my boy McGrattan got a piece of Parros!

Last edited by BADofSmashville: 10-30-2011 at 11:00 AM.
BADofSmashville is offline   Reply With Quote