HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do we need....

Old
10-30-2011, 11:09 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
[/B]

you clearly state Bouchard above...I rest my case...read what you write man...don't let the hate blind you.
If we are in playoff contention in March, and Staal is healthy, expect a trade deadline move for someone from the following group (or a player in a similar situation): Doan, Alfredsson, Brunette, Whitney, Bourque, Bouchard, etc. OR a pursuit of Ryan Suter with some major pieces going the other way.

I clearly state that you should EXPECT the Rangers to trade for one of those players, or a player in a similar situation. Not that I WANT the Rangers to trade for those players (although I wouldn't be opposed to some of them; as it stands, Bouchard is the one that I'd be LEAST interested in from all of the players that I mentioned...that doesn't remove him as a player I would expect to be a potential target). Perhaps you should follow your own advice and read more carefully before jumping to conclusions.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Can you quote the part where I said that I wanted the Rangers to trade for Pierre-Marc Bouchard? Did it make total sense to you that the Rangers traded for Wojtek Wolksi? How about Enver Lisin? How about when they signed Donald Brashear or Derek Boogaard? How about when they signed Ales Kotalik?

Teams can't magically go out and acquire whatever player they want, whenever they want. They can only acquire players who are available, and Bouchard fits the profile of a potential pickup for this team. Don't like it? Sorry, but last time I checked, Clowe and Lucic, God's gifts to hockey, aren't being traded right now.

Guys on the trading block tend to be players whose contracts are expiring or old guys on mediocre or bad teams who can be auctioned off to playoff teams. Do you think the Sharks or the Bruins are thinking about tanking this season?

As for Ray Whitney, 30 out of 30 NHL teams would find a spot for Ray Whitney today. On any line, with any linemates, at any of the 3 forward positions, on the power play, on the penalty kill, at even strength. It doesn't matter, because Ray Whitney is a smart player, and intelligence nearly always trumps brute force.
You think the Bruins feel that way?

or maybe the Pens who were amongst the league leaders in fighing majors and then signed MacIntyre this year.

I am not looking for a team of goons...contrary, I want a balanced team...like almost all the good teams in this league.

I guess it didn't bother you at all that Neil threw his elbow in Richards face and knew there wasn't any Ranger who could make him pay for his transgression.

When the league eliminates hitting and checking and fighting then you can field a team with the most talent...but until that happens...you need both...Rangers added 1 and 1 this year...which is the right thing...only problem is Rupp is banged up.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

Coaching change. This team doesn't lack talent and it is not fine. We need Staal back and we need a new coaching staff. Dump and chase system is disgusting and only works for a line with Prust on it. We need to stop treating every player as a grinder. Most players on this team are not naturally grinders but Torts has to go and change that.

Zats Muccarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 11:34 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
You think the Bruins feel that way?

or maybe the Pens who were amongst the league leaders in fighing majors and then signed MacIntyre this year.

I am not looking for a team of goons...contrary, I want a balanced team...like almost all the good teams in this league.
When the good teams in this league put together their balanced lineups, which end of the scale do you think they concern themselves with first, and the most?

Quote:
I guess it didn't bother you at all that Neil threw his elbow in Richards face and knew there wasn't any Ranger who could make him pay for his transgression.
What do you mean there was no Ranger there? Is Prust no longer on the team? Maybe I'd be more concerned if, in the same game, Wojtek Wolski didn't elbow Daniel Alfredsson in the face and send him to the locker room. (And talk about the beating that Wolski got for that play...oh, wait...) Or if you could explain how having a goon would have any effect on whether or not Neil plays the same way he plays every game, regardless of the opponent, regardless of what goons they may or may not have.

Quote:
When the league eliminates hitting and checking and fighting then you can field a team with the most talent...but until that happens...you need both...Rangers added 1 and 1 this year...which is the right thing...only problem is Rupp is banged up.
Field the team with the most talent? Dude, if we fielded the team with the most talent, none of these discussions would be taking place, because the Rangers would be a Stanley Cup contending team. You're right, you need both. What you don't seem to understand is that, while you may need both, one will always be MUCH, MUCH more important, and that's the one that this team doesn't have anywhere even close to enough off.

You're sitting here talking about the Penguins signing goons. The Penguins ARE one of the most talented teams in the league. They have a balance. We don't have talent. We have two NHL-caliber skill players on the team. TWO! And one of them is basically a sniper who is at his best when he isn't carrying the puck. So you might as well call it one.

If this team was as talented as the Penguins, then I wouldn't give a hoot if they carried a goon.

Old
10-30-2011, 11:36 AM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Chris Neil would eat Prust for lunch.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
When the good teams in this league put together their balanced lineups, which end of the scale do you think they concern themselves with first, and the most?

What do you mean there was no Ranger there? Is Prust no longer on the team? Maybe I'd be more concerned if, in the same game, Wojtek Wolski didn't elbow Daniel Alfredsson in the face and send him to the locker room. (And talk about the beating that Wolski got for that play...oh, wait...) Or if you could explain how having a goon would have any effect on whether or not Neil plays the same way he plays every game, regardless of the opponent, regardless of what goons they may or may not have.

Field the team with the most talent? Dude, if we fielded the team with the most talent, none of these discussions would be taking place, because the Rangers would be a Stanley Cup contending team. You're right, you need both. What you don't seem to understand is that, while you may need both, one will always be MUCH, MUCH more important, and that's the one that this team doesn't have anywhere even close to enough off.

You're sitting here talking about the Penguins signing goons. The Penguins ARE one of the most talented teams in the league. They have a balance. We don't have talent. We have two NHL-caliber skill players on the team. TWO! And one of them is basically a sniper who is at his best when he isn't carrying the puck. So you might as well call it one.

If this team was as talented as the Penguins, then I wouldn't give a hoot if they carried a goon.
Just two guys with NHL caliber skill...wow.

Old
10-30-2011, 11:45 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Just two guys with NHL caliber skill...wow.
On this team, what players consistently display an ability to create high-level offense in the other team's zone or off the rush? Other than Richards and Gaborik, name one.

Old
10-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
On this team, what players consistently display an ability to create high-level offense in the other team's zone or off the rush? Other than Richards and Gaborik, name one.
Gabby was everyones whipping boy but now he is a GOD again.

Old
10-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Absolutely correct. We only have two right now but I believe Stepan will become another one by next year.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 12:07 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Gabby was everyones whipping boy but now he is a GOD again.
What does this even have to do with the discussion? He certainly wasn't my whipping boy.