HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coaching, GM changes imminent?

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2011, 01:36 PM
eljefe72

vCash: 500
Interesting that there hasn't been any tweets from Portzline since he tweeted the whole coach/GM thing. That was about 10hrs ago. Usually he's much more active than this, especially on game days.

Old
10-30-2011, 01:37 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Mr Boucher, you have Scott Howson on line 1 and Steve Yzerman on line 2......pretty much a no brainer
Vinny LeCavalier, Stamkos, Hedman, Stevie Y, Eastern Conference travel

Nash, Huselius, Umberger, Tyutin, Howson, Western Conference travel......

Oh the choices....

Old
10-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 75
Do we have Bill Bidwell in our front office? It sure seems like it

Old
10-30-2011, 01:40 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe72 View Post
Interesting that there hasn't been any tweets from Portzline since he tweeted the whole coach/GM thing. That was about 10hrs ago. Usually he's much more active than this, especially on game days.
Re-reading some of his tweets and re-tweets prior to that one.... Looks like he's about had it.

Old
10-30-2011, 01:51 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Old
10-30-2011, 01:52 PM
DoggyII

Bob McKenzie recently tweted:

"Pretty obvious something is going to give in CBJ, but little odd that Hitchcock and Button have been so public in denials of contact made."

Old
10-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

Nice one Josh, I laughed pretty hard when I saw that. In retrospect, I can't believe it took that long for that photo to be posted.

Old
10-30-2011, 01:55 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyII View Post
Bob McKenzie recently tweted:

"Pretty obvious something is going to give in CBJ, but little odd that Hitchcock and Button have been so public in denials of contact made."
damned if they do say something, damned if they don't...

One of two things happened:

The plan was to do this, it just got out early

OR

Portzline was throwing stuff at the wall

Old
10-30-2011, 01:55 PM
CaliBuck
Mission: Playoffs

LOL @ the hate in this thread on Hitchcock. Guy never should have been fired in the first place. I'd welcome him back gladly.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:01 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

the 25,000 dollar question is:

If Hitchcock is named interim coach, will Willen/Hashmarks make a return to the boards?

Old
10-30-2011, 02:04 PM
EdwardG
North!

If Hitchcock is coming back as an interim coach since they are paying him anyway, then fine. There is absolutely positively NO WAY they should make him the long term coach. If they do that it'll just confirm (again) that this is still the worst franchise in hockey.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

agree with sam and tw...please not button...guy has so little idea of talent its not funny

to the ppl asking about the torg's tweet, he followed it up blasting ppl asking if it was CBJ related saying it wasn't....

I think i'm on board with the interim tag for either hitch or richards while a full search can be done as well as an interim tag for mcfarland...

Old
10-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardG View Post
If Hitchcock is coming back as an interim coach since they are paying him anyway, then fine. There is absolutely positively NO WAY they should make him the long term coach. If they do that it'll just confirm (again) that this is still the worst franchise in hockey.
Pretty much how I feel

Old
10-30-2011, 02:17 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
THIS

We need patience, the season is lost, we need to just take our lumps, let the kids play learn their lessons, collect our high draft pick, and move on to next season. Yet we have Portzline stirring the pot any time he can. He still hasn't forgiven the team for not hiring "His Guy" and reporting rumors that have no basis. His credibility has reached Eklund status, and is an embarrassment to the entire city because people don't realize how out of touch he is.

For the longest time I've been on the "Lets Not Make Changes" bandwagon. But that's it, I'm ready.

FIRE PORTZLINE

he's cried wolf one too many times.
I'm against firing Arniel, but all for making a decision to replace Howson.

Step 1: Hire a career hockey executive who can help guide the organization in a GM search.

Step 2: Get new GM on board in time for the trade deadline so he can make roster decisions.

Step 3: After the season, the new GM names his coach. He may or may not name Arniel, but it's his decision.

Howson just blew this by not sticking with his original promise to build a team from the net out. This summer just hastened the team's demise.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:18 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBuck View Post
LOL @ the hate in this thread on Hitchcock. Guy never should have been fired in the first place. I'd welcome him back gladly.
Yes, everything was wine and roses under Hitch.

The revisionist history is unbelievable.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:20 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

If we're looking for a GM replacement, we should be looking at Dave Nonis. The only reason we're bringing back Hitch is because he's already on the payroll for the rest of the season.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:23 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

“@Aportzline: RT @redsfanhere: @Aportzline aaron were you put on gag order? // No. Neither #CBJ nor Ducks skated today. Getting yardwork done before game.”

Old
10-30-2011, 02:32 PM
EdwardG
North!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
I'm against firing Arniel, but all for making a decision to replace Howson.

Step 1: Hire a career hockey executive who can help guide the organization in a GM search.

Step 2: Get new GM on board in time for the trade deadline so he can make roster decisions.

Step 3: After the season, the new GM names his coach. He may or may not name Arniel, but it's his decision.

Howson just blew this by not sticking with his original promise to build a team from the net out. This summer just hastened the team's demise.
Bingo, get the front office in place, then they make decisions on coach and players.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Yes, everything was wine and roses under Hitch.

The revisionist history is unbelievable.
It isn't revisionist history for some of us. We were the ones preaching more time back then. But you got what you wanted... Change for changes sake.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
If we're looking for a GM replacement, we should be looking at Dave Nonis. The only reason we're bringing back Hitch is because he's already on the payroll for the rest of the season.
Nonis should be on the short list if Howson gets his pink slip. I think he is content to be Burke's successor in Toronto though.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Two words. Groundhog day.
What about it? One of my favorite movies of all time. Each repeat of the day was a chance to learn learn the lessons and apply them to the next attempt. Unlimited time and patience in order to achieve perfection.

It's a shame we don't have some of that around here.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:46 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
It isn't revisionist history for some of us. We were the ones preaching more time back then. But you got what you wanted... Change for changes sake.
Some of us were preaching "more talent." My premise is while the CBJ are lacking in quality depth, they have enough talent to certainly be better than 1-9-1. The talent we have is not being used effectively.

Candidly, I suspect SOME of our middle tier players are sandbagging it (in hopes to bring a change) because they don't believe in Scott Arniel. Of course, didn't they do the same thing with Hitchcock already?

Old
10-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Button and Hitchchock?! If these are anythingore than interim moves we are clearly making a mistake by not firing Priest.
Wake up owners! Your team president is a clueless idiot when it comes to hockey and, from the looks of it, buisiness as well.
This

Priest could have hired Dudley instead of Howson and Dineen instead of Arniel.. I don't care for Button or Hitchcock but would be ok with them on an interim basis. Priest needs to be fired along with Howson and Arniel, it's a harsh sweep but the CBJ are the worst team in the NHL, never won a playoff game after 10 seasons, bottom five in attendance and simply a poorly run organization. It's time to start over but with experienced NHL people in the office who are aggressive, have contacts within the NHL and take action when action is needed to build and sustain a winning organization.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:49 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
This

Priest could have hired Dudley instead of Howson and Dineen instead of Arniel.. I don't care for Button or Hitchcock but would be ok with them on an interim basis. Priest needs to fired along with Howson and Arniel, it's a harsh sweep but the CBJ are the worst team in the NHL, never won a playoff game after 10 seasons, bottom five in attendance and simply a poorly run organaization. It's time to start over but this time get some experienced NHL people in the office who are aggressive and take action when action is needed to build a winning organization.
Priest could STILL hire Dudley. Then we could be as good as Winnipeg (!). Clearly, Hitch has his ear. Priest should be the first one (among many) to be shown the door.

Old
10-30-2011, 03:02 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Priest could STILL hire Dudley. Then we could be as good as Winnipeg (!). Clearly, Hitch has his ear. Priest should be the first one (among many) to be shown the door.
Duds was only in Atlanta for one season as the GM.

I'd still call him, he's doing advisor work for the Leafs, right?

Closed Thread