HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anaheim @ Nashville 7:00

Old
10-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by randymc2641 View Post
Que the Weber suspension November 10th.
Will not shed a tear if that happens

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

vCash: 325
Quote:
Que the Weber suspension November 10th.
If McGrattan isn't playing that game I'll be so pissed. PS I'll be at that game. I'm already pumped.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 04:29 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
If McGrattan isn't playing that game I'll be so pissed. PS I'll be at that game. I'm already pumped.
His presence did so much to stop the shenanigans last night.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
He fought and Anaheim still started crap. I have a feeling we'll be hearing from big 23 next Wednesday.

Old
10-30-2011, 04:44 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
He fought and Anaheim still started crap. I have a feeling we'll be hearing from big 23 next Wednesday.
If Parros and McGrattan are both healthy, they'll fight ... in every game between the teams. My only question going into the game last night was if Parros and McGrattan were going to fight in the first or hold off to the second. It was going to happen no matter what and had nothing to do with the events in the game ... just like the McGrattan v Janssen that also was predictable just by looking at the rosters. Him dressing in a game hasn't prevented anyone from taking liberties based on events so far ... our players boarded, slashed, speared, and run.

Old
10-30-2011, 04:47 PM
randymc2641

Quote:
I see a hit that we see as clean and they see as dirty, NHL decides against us, seems to be the way things go. We get a full lineup, down go 2 top players, every year. I was there last November, not as fun a time as in Nashville,I did Kings and Ducks game, hope you get to too.

randymc2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

Quote:
I see a hit that we see as clean and they see as dirty, NHL decides against us, seems to be the way things go. We get a full lineup, down go 2 top players, every year. I was there last November, not as fun a time as in Nashville,I did Kings and Ducks game, hope you get to too.
Yeah I'll be at the Kings and Ducks games. I live like 5 or 6 miles from Staples Center so that's a given. In reality, I have nothing against the Kings. If I had to cheer for any other Western Conference team it would be the Kings. On the other hand.......the Ducks? I Hate them. On the local news the morning of their home opener they had fans outside the arena that morning and all I could think about was how awesome it was last year to make them miserable. I must say though that it's not even the Fisher hit that I don't like, it's Perry's antics and Getzlaf's words. I love that we get under their skin. It's awesome. I'll be surprised if that game next Wednesday isn't very, VERY spirited.

Quote:
If Parros and McGrattan are both healthy, they'll fight ... in every game between the teams. My only question going into the game last night was if Parros and McGrattan were going to fight in the first or hold off to the second. It was going to happen no matter what and had nothing to do with the events in the game ... just like the McGrattan v Janssen that also was predictable just by looking at the rosters. Him dressing in a game hasn't prevented anyone from taking liberties based on events so far ... our players boarded, slashed, speared, and run.
Yeah I mean McGrattan and Parros were gonna fight, it was just a matter of when, but I think the fact that Anaheim crossed the line will kick things up a notch next week. Especially since any athlete wants to stick it to his old team, and McGrattan can do it. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Tootoo make a run or two as well.

Old
10-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
McGrattan has shown a good amount of skill thus far with the puck, has gotten comfortable in the system, and is making good reads away from the puck. He plays a simple, yet effective game, in addition to his fisticuffs.

I have ZERO problem with McGrattan in the lineup against teams that will play us physical because he can take a regular shift (~7 minutes/night) and make plays when needed.

I don't disagree that the pure goon fights are a sideshow that serve little purpose, but the addition of Brian McGrattan to our lineup has been a good move this season...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 05:13 PM
predfan98

i don't want to see mcgrattan fight. i just want to see smushed ducks.. frankly, i think he would be better utilized as a player with "big hits" versus the fights.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
McGrattan has shown a good amount of skill thus far with the puck, has gotten comfortable in the system, and is making good reads away from the puck. He plays a simple, yet effective game, in addition to his fisticuffs.

I have ZERO problem with McGrattan in the lineup against teams that will play us physical because he can take a regular shift (~7 minutes/night) and make plays when needed.

I don't disagree that the pure goon fights are a sideshow that serve little purpose, but the addition of Brian McGrattan to our lineup has been a good move this season...
I agree

Old
10-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Top 6 Spaling

RE: McGrattan

Like him or not, he's better than Stortini. That is all.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

Honestly I don't know why some people don't like McGrattan. He's an experienced enforcer and knows his role. He can handle the puck fine when he plays and isn't a negative spot for the team when he's out there. I'm more than happy with the McGrattan addition. When we signed Stortini I was upset, and personally kinda embarrased.

Old
10-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
This!! And we said so when the Preds picked him up that his presence wouldn't deter anything. So far we've been proven correct.

Quote:
Honestly I don't know why some people don't like McGrattan. He's an experienced enforcer and knows his role. He can handle the puck fine when he plays and isn't a negative spot for the team when he's out there. I'm more than happy with the McGrattan addition. When we signed Stortini I was upset, and personally kinda embarrased.
Because the Preds, as offensively challenged as they are and with top tier guys missing (like Erat, Fisher and SK74 so far) can't afford to play short not only those players, but waste a spot with a guy who isn't bringing offense to the table in this lifetime. And as mentioned above, if his intended role is to deter the funny business, it's not working.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Because the Preds, as offensively challenged as they are and with top tier guys missing (like Erat, Fisher and SK74 so far) can't afford to play short not only those players, but waste a spot with a guy who isn't bringing offense to the table in this lifetime. And as mentioned above, if his intended role is to deter the funny business, it's not working.
There isn't anyone we have that is going to be a huge 4th line offensive gamechanger.

Old
10-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Top 6 Spaling

No one is mentioning that Blakey G boarded someone pretty badly.....

Anaheim has a legitimate gripe with that hit, though i think we have more ammo if it come to a "who's dirtier" match

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post

Anaheim has a legitimate gripe with that hit, though i think we have more ammo if it come to a "who's dirtier" match
I did. But still, yes I think they're worse.

Old
10-30-2011, 06:16 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
but wait.... wasnt having a legit tough guy supposed to stop teams from taking liberties with our skilled players???

edit: didnt realize i was a page behind and this had already been covered...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 06:54 PM
cleangene

Bass body slammed Whiny Ryny during the columbus game tonight...why couldn't HE been concussed like Fish????

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

I love how Perry gets dumped in odd ways by Columbus and doesn't do anything.

Old
10-30-2011, 09:23 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

I agree. Best "player enforcer" we've had since Denny Lambert.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 11:19 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:

He isn't playing regular shifts. He's been ~7 minutes once against Van with 9:33 .... he's hit the 6 min plateau twice with 6:00 and 6:08. More often than not, he's a 4-5min guy. He'll throw a couple of hits, fight an enforcer if the other team has a true heavyweight, and that's about it. Being better than Stortini isn't saying much.

Old
10-30-2011, 11:57 PM
WartracePred

Trotz says an enforcer's role is to give confidence to his teammates, not to prevent another team taking liberties. It's a very subtle difference. I'd say McGratton's been effective given that definition. How many guys took on Anaheim the other night. No one was "looking for quarters" when Fish was taken out. Quite the opposite. I thought the response was gritty. The Preds aren't going to drop their heads and skate to the bench when an opponent takes out one of their teammates. There was a display of toughness and resolve.

But... Is this confidence worth a wasted fourth liner? No question there are better skaters that sit because McGratton is in the lineup. Trotz and Poile think so. I'm not sure. I do remember Vancouver taking cheap shot after cheap shot a few years ago and the Preds just wilting. They didn't wilt Saturday night.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:58 AM
jlsg

Having an enforcer on the ice isn't going to do anything against the Ducks. Their game plan is to get you into taking stupid penalties because they know the only chance they have to win is on the power play. 5x5 they're an average team because of the weak backend. The PP allows them to use the offensive talent they have without worrying about playing defense.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 09:11 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post

Parros took a run at BamBam before he and McG went; it was late and a high elbow. Blake clearly decided he wasn't gonna' back down and got into a little 'grittier' mode than we're used to. but ....... one bad board doesn't even compare to the Perry spear and then the cross-check from Getzlaff while Toots is laying on the ice, let alone any of the other crap.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 09:19 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Parros took a run at BamBam before he and McG went; it was late and a high elbow. Blake clearly decided he wasn't gonna' back down and got into a little 'grittier' mode than we're used to. but ....... one bad board doesn't even compare to the Perry spear and then the cross-check from Getzlaff while Toots is laying on the ice, let alone any of the other crap.
while I dont want us to become a deliberately dirty team I sure wouldnt mind at all if we give other teams the impression that if they mess with us they are gonna get it back.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote