HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MZA back to Modo?

Old
10-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Zuccarello doesn't it make it any more exciting.
He would make them more fun to watch, bring some color to this extreamly grey team. But he cant to that from the 4 line and 5 min icetime.

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

because everyone in the top 6 besides gaborik and richards are playing so well? our 2nd and 3rd line centers have already been demoted to 4th line and you're telling me the rangers can't find a spot for him?

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
because everyone in the top 6 besides gaborik and richards are playing so well? our 2nd and 3rd line centers have already been demoted to 4th line and you're telling me the rangers can't find a spot for him?
Torts is saying that!

Old
10-30-2011, 11:36 PM
The Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
He would make them more fun to watch, bring some color to this extreamly grey team. But he cant to that from the 4 line and 5 min icetime.
yeah The explosive Zuccarello wasn't all that exciting last year when he went 18 games without a goal.

get a grip, the Rangers will get better, with or without him

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 12:33 AM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
yeah The explosive Zuccarello wasn't all that exciting last year when he went 18 games without a goal.

And still he was top 3 (if i remember correctly) in points per minute on that team.. And has improved his game before this season, stronger,faster, better.... Im not saying he should have a top6 spot, but now he is about the only player on this team who is yet to get a chance ther. Even tho he is one of the guys best suited for that role on this team (imo)

get a grip, the Rangers will get better, with or without him
I sure hope so!

Old
10-31-2011, 03:51 AM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

I suspect the unpredictable Torts have an issue with him and the "reason" for the degrading is pure bull. If he isnt up for the next 4-5 games I think Zucca will ask for a trade and he will probably get it. Those NHL teams that were interested in him before he signed NYR have probably not forgot about him and some might have something that NYR is interested in, so hopefully MZA is either rewarded with a top 6 spot soon or will be traded to an NHL team that wants him in the lineup.
And something to take into consideration; Zucca has trained extremely hard this summer to catch up with Torts checklist on him, everyone that knows about training knows that after a hard training period the body needs a reconvalesens period to get into top shape.I think Zucca is in good shape now, hopefully thats true and we`ll see him in a top 6 role soon.

Last edited by Slayem: 10-31-2011 at 03:58 AM.
Slayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:15 AM
Superstar Carwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What benefit do the Rangers receive from loaning Zuccarello to Sweden?

Zuccarello is under contract to the Rangers until the end of this season. He signed the contract.

Why is that so hard to understand?
Look, I agree with you, and I believe he will stay for the rest of the season and that there is a SLIM chance at best that he get's loaned to Sweden.

With that said, with the salary Zuccarello has, there is no way he's "meant" to be playing in AHL, regardless of the 2-way contract. Sather still hasn't figured out what he wants to do with Zuccarello, and considering that Naslund and Sather has a pretty good relationship, it wouldn't be too far fetched to believe that Sather would give up on Zuccarello and send him back to Sweden.

Again, I don't believe it would happen, but as I said, crazier things HAVE happened.

Superstar Carwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:54 AM
Xtranova

How many games does he have left before his contract "changes" then? After he has passed 60 games he will have to go trough waivers if he gets demoted (after he is called up again that is). That way he can get picked up for a new organization pretty early if he gets kicked of the roster.

He can earn more in Sweden yes, but if he stays in NA and tries to get passed 60 games things will look brighter for him. Even if he rides out the contract with the Rangers I am sure some other NHL team will offer him a one way deal next year.

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 07:41 AM
msv957

Lots of excitement last year when Zuc was signed. Not exactly sure what happened. Is it a case of not getting enough ice time to prove his worth? or did Zuc not show enough in practice for Torts to give him the ice time?

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 08:08 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Zooks has NHL talent and multiple NHL teams will be interested in him. Zooks will be in the NHL next season. He wants to play in the NHL. This is just the overseas media speculating because many Euro teams would want Zook to help their teams.
really and EC and WW play ahead of him on this abomination of a team ?

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 08:21 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtranova View Post
How many games does he have left before his contract "changes" then? After he has passed 60 games he will have to go trough waivers if he gets demoted (after he is called up again that is). That way he can get picked up for a new organization pretty early if he gets kicked of the roster.

He can earn more in Sweden yes, but if he stays in NA and tries to get passed 60 games things will look brighter for him. Even if he rides out the contract with the Rangers I am sure some other NHL team will offer him a one way deal next year.
He has 45 games, so he needs 15 more games to be put on waivers.
My only request is that he is treated with honesty. IF the Rangers have NO PLANS for him, they should 1) Trade him 2) let him go back to Sweden.

But I donīt really think he wants to go back to Sweden before his contract is out. I canīt imagine that he wants to break the contract now and be stuck with another entry level year if he comes back to the NHL.

I hope he finishes his contract with the Rangers, and see if any other NHL teams wants to sign him this summer, and if not go back to Sweden.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 01:44 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
really and EC and WW play ahead of him on this abomination of a team ?

WW has proved he can produce at the NHL level and has a very high salary so he will be given a chance to earn it. I dont think EC nor around 4 other Rangers fwds should play ahead of MZA though.

This team is far from an abomination. This team has a lot of talent (that other NHL teams would be interested in) despite the 500 record.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 01:58 PM
bernmeister

It would be best for all if he returned.

If only he had enough speed to gain separation, it might have made a difference.
Don't see that happening.

A noble experiment, but time to move on...

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:04 AM
Superstar Carwash

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13875050.ab

According to information provided to Sportbladet HV 71 is the hottest item on the Norwegian star striker chooses to return to the top division.

- It is not at all clear that it becomes Modo if he comes back, says Zuccarello agent Erik Ryman.

Mats Zuccarello commuted between New York Rangers and the minor league last season. And although this season the playmaking Norwegian has had difficulty winning coach John Tortorella confidence.

- I want to clarify that Mats belong to the New York Rangers. He has a binding contract and it's Rangers who decide what will happen to him, says Erik Ryman.

Sportbladet revealed on Sunday that Modo has already investigated the possibility to get back his points king.

But according Sportbladets data is HV 71 of the hottest alternative for Mats Zuccarello if he returns to the top division.

- I can not comment more than that, of course, many clubs in Sweden have come up with requests. And it is not at all clear that it becomes Modo if he comes back, says Ryman.

HV 71 is on the hunt for a top forward after having kicked Fredrik Bremberg and at the top of the wish list is Mats Zuccarello.

After starting the season in the New York Rangers became Zuccarello quickly demoted to Farm Team Connecticut Whale

There he has been successful and delivered five points after four matches.

But only in recent days, Rangers coach John Tortorella picked up two other forwards.

The Norwegian is also under Sportbladets data have been told to get an apartment in Hartford, where Connecticut Whale is stationed.

A clear sign that the way back to the NHL is long.

Mats Zuccarello said no way was particularly interested to spend the season in the minor league.

An alternative could be that he is traded to another NHL team.

Another option is to return to Europe.

Zuccarello, 24, did two seasons in Modo (40 points from 2008 to 2009, 64 points the year after) before he was recruited to the Rangers in summer 2010.

Old
11-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
It would be best for all if he returned.

If only he had enough speed to gain separation, it might have made a difference.
Don't see that happening.

A noble experiment, but time to move on...
Best for all? Where the **** do you get that from? Best for Rangers to loose depth? Best for CT Whale to loose their top creative player. Best for Mats to give up on his NHL dream or at best start all over again with a rookie contact? Is it the best for the expansion of the sport? Look at the interest from Norwegians due to him. Mats on Broadway would do wonders for the sport that is having a hard time getting media attention in Norway. Hell, Norwegians even stay up all night, paying to see him play in the AHL, me included.

He is not the speedy sniper but a guy with top shelf vision, passing and a pretty good shot. It's pretty obvious that the "noble" experiment didn't last long enough to show what type of player he is and in what role. He got almost no minutes in the top line were he belongs. http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/h ... 3875050.ab You can Google translate this if your interested, it's quite to the point by a Swedish hockey blogger, published today

Noble my ***. Nothing noble about this experiment at all. He was warned that he went to the wrong team / coach to start out with, and it is about to be proven.

I really really really hope he stays on and wait for his chance, preferably in Rangers or elsewhere in the NHL. Believe it or not, it's quite vital for the expansion of the sport in Norway.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 05:52 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashiva View Post
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13875050.ab

The Norwegian is also under Sportbladets data have been told to get an apartment in Hartford, where Connecticut Whale is stationed.
That's a very noble and subtle way to say tell him his prospects. Hope he buys one in Detroit. More value for money there.

Old
11-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Superstar Carwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
That's a very noble and subtle way to say tell him his prospects. Hope he buys one in Detroit. More value for money there.
I hope they just trade him tbh. I mean, he's on the last year on the contract and they have no intention of bringing him up, and I doubt they want him to play in AHL. He could easily get you a 5th round pick or whatever instead of letting him go at the end of the season for nothing. Trade him to a team that will play him and let him show what he's worth instead of letting him rot in the AHL.

Old
11-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
I hope they just trade him tbh. I mean, he's on the last year on the contract and they have no intention of bringing him up, and I doubt they want him to play in AHL. He could easily get you a 5th round pick or whatever instead of letting him go at the end of the season for nothing. Trade him to a team that will play him and let him show what he's worth instead of letting him rot in the AHL.
Yes. If he just got the message to look for an appartment, things might start happening going forward. Just don't go back to Sweden, or the KHL. Please.
The fall in New England is supposed to be very nice though. Could stick for Christmas, pick up fishing. With a very long rod.

Old
11-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

The problem with Zucca is that he is too kind, buying that c*** from Torts. He should have smacked his hands in the table and demanded a trade in the first place, that degrading is one huge pile of ****. That Torts thing hasnt even balls to tell him he wont play him at all, what a pathetic person.

Old
11-02-2011, 06:50 AM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

Zucca has in this situation just one option if he really wants to play in NHL, just play as good as we know he can and produce points in AHL. Either that eventually leads to a spot in NYR due to injuries among the top six or getting trade value in the coming months. Torts cant come around him if he perfrms well in Hartford for a long period.

Old
11-02-2011, 06:52 AM
TigerJack

If the rumor is right, that he has been told to get an apartment, the message from the Rangers is clear. He is not in their plans, and he should definetly demand a trade.

There is no doubt that he wants to be in the NHL, and he will never give up his dream. So if he is not tradet, I actually wouldnīt be surprised if he stays put in Connecticut and finishes his contract, to avoid owing Rangers another year on entry level....

Itīs just seems crazy that the Rangers really want to bury a 24 year old with such talent in the AHL.

He has had a great attitude, worked unbelievably hard this summer to be a better player and skater, and he has. He has been 100% professional and done his job perfectly as told. Even after being sent down after the first PO-game last year, he played awesome in his first game for the Whale, picking up points from the first drop.

He deserves a trade to a team that wants him and are willing to give him a chance. The Rangers doesnīt give him a chance, and it sure donīt look like they want him on the team.

Old
11-02-2011, 06:55 AM
yarre

Quote:
HV 71 is on the hunt for a top forward after having kicked Fredrik Bremberg and at the top of the wish list is Mats Zuccarello.
Yes please

yarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 07:07 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
If the rumor is right, that he has been told to get an apartment, the message from the Rangers is clear. He is not in their plans, and he should definetly demand a trade.

There is no doubt that he wants to be in the NHL, and he will never give up his dream. So if he is not tradet, I actually wouldnīt be surprised if he stays put in Connecticut and finishes his contract, to avoid owing Rangers another year on entry level....

Itīs just seems crazy that the Rangers really want to bury a 24 year old with such talent in the AHL.

He has had a great attitude, worked unbelievably hard this summer to be a better player and skater, and he has. He has been 100% professional and done his job perfectly as told. Even after being sent down after the first PO-game last year, he played awesome in his first game for the Whale, picking up points from the first drop.

He deserves a trade to a team that wants him and are willing to give him a chance. The Rangers doesnīt give him a chance, and it sure donīt look like they want him on the team.
Zuccarello has a valid SPC. Where is he going? He can't bolt to play somewhere else. The NHL-IIHF respect each others contracts. The NHL and KHL have the same understanding. Players already under contract are not allowed to play in another league without permission. Zuccarello is an asset to the Rangers. They can call him up in case of an injury or bad play from their other forwards. Or the Rangers could include Zuccarello in a deal for another player. His $1.75M cap hit with no bonus cushion is another issue. Maybe when his performance bonuses become unreachable,the Rangers could bring him up. Zuccarello is still waiver exempt so the Rangers hold the cards here.

The Rangers will qualify Zuccarello next summer to retain his rights.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Again a non-story, nothing but speculation. What the article says is: IF Zuccarello chooses to go back to Sweden there are several clubs interested.
Why wouldnt they be?

This tread is posted as a rumor, when in fact is all spectulation and tabloid BS.
Mats himself has gone on record saying several times that he is determined to play in the NHL, and he knows better than anyone that the way to achive his goal of NHL play is through playing as hard as he can in the Whale until A) he gets called up B) he gets traded to a different team who will give him top 6 minutes C) his contract with NYR is up and he can sign a one way contract with a different team

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 07:43 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Again a non-story, nothing but speculation. What the article says is: IF Zuccarello chooses to go back to Sweden there are several clubs interested.
Why wouldnt they be?

This tread is posted as a rumor, when in fact is all spectulation and tabloid BS.
Mats himself has gone on record saying several times that he is determined to play in the NHL, and he knows better than anyone that the way to achive his goal of NHL play is through playing as hard as he can in the Whale until A) he gets called up B) he gets traded to a different team who will give him top 6 minutes C) his contract with NYR is up and he can sign a one way contract with a different team
Well, I believe thereīs something to it. There wouldīt be so much writing about him in swedish newspapers if there was nothing to it. His agent Ryman also confirms that Mats is not comfortable playing the whole season in AHL, and that they are talking to the Rangers a lot about his situation.

The biggest problem for Zuke returning to Sweden, is that he then breaks his contract, and will owe Rangers another year on entry level. So if he goes back to Sweden, plays real good, maybe even becomes the MVP again, no other NHL teams than Rangers can pick him up.... and he we will see the same picture. He will problably get a couple games with 4-5 mins, and then back to Hartford...

Thatīs why I think he will do everything he can to stay in the states, maybe even play a full season in Hartford an fullfill his contract. If no NHL teams are interested then, he can return to Sweden as a RFA, sign with a swedish club with an NHL-clause. His chances of playing for a new NHL-club after a couple years will then be lot greater.