HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque breaks hand?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2003, 08:08 PM
  #26
windowlicker
Registered User
 
windowlicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Murky Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Once again, I just want to point out that it sets a pretty dangerous precedant that you will callup the player who is at the top of the prospect depth chart no matter what.

As for forgetting what Rita has been through... no I haven't... but I also saw him coast after he got sent back down to the AHL last year... and it got to the point that when the playoffs hit, he was compeletely ineffective, and no matter what he tried, he couldn't get it going again.

holy crap, i have a way of solving this war.

sit pisani and bring salmo AND rita up. i personally would not be offended if KLowe decided to take that route.

windowlicker is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 09:10 PM
  #27
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Any news on Laraque

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 09:16 PM
  #28
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
No, I would assume that it might have been hitting Oliwa's helmet but that is just a guess.
I saw Georges in the locker room after the game and it was wrapped up in ice. Right after the fight, from where I was positioned in the press box we (me and the couple guys sitting next to me) could clearly see him rubbing it and holding it in discomfort.

I asked him afterwards if he did it in the fight and he said "yeah", I then asked him how bad it was but all I got was "Not too bad but we'll see".

Keep in mind that they weren't in much of a talkative mood after losing their third in a row... I was lucky to get that much out of him.

GuyF

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
10-27-2003, 09:23 PM
  #29
vb
Registered User
 
vb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
A dangerous precedant? I'm affraid that arguement is null and void with how long Pisani has been up here. Coaching staffs and management do what they think will help the team win - not what will make a few others who are on the cusp of making it disapointed. If Rita got called up tomorrow Salmo wouldn't stop trying, I can guarentee you that. And if he did, then he doesn't have much character.
Similarly, I don't recall Semenov dominating the AHL before he got the call....

Some players are just better in the NHL.

vb is offline  
Old
10-28-2003, 03:42 AM
  #30
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
A dangerous precedant? I'm affraid that arguement is null and void with how long Pisani has been up here. Coaching staffs and management do what they think will help the team win - not what will make a few others who are on the cusp of making it disapointed. If Rita got called up tomorrow Salmo wouldn't stop trying, I can guarentee you that. And if he did, then he doesn't have much character.
Pisani has nothing to do with this. He is the point I am trying to bring up. He wasn't on anyones radar screen, and he got called up and was everyone's favorite little hero. I still laugh because when he got called up, no one knew who he was. Now everyone is all sour on him for no reason. Pisani is up here in a checking role... he is doing the same things he did last year when everyone was in love with him.

I never said Salmo would stop trying did I? I was referring to the fact that the player(s) who are listed at the top of the depth chart don't have any motivation to do well, because they are at the top of the list, and that is how it is determined who will get called up, not your play.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
10-28-2003, 11:36 AM
  #31
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
I saw Georges in the locker room after the game and it was wrapped up in ice. Right after the fight, from where I was positioned in the press box we (me and the couple guys sitting next to me) could clearly see him rubbing it and holding it in discomfort.

I asked him afterwards if he did it in the fight and he said "yeah", I then asked him how bad it was but all I got was "Not too bad but we'll see".

Keep in mind that they weren't in much of a talkative mood after losing their third in a row... I was lucky to get that much out of him.

GuyF
Any word on the x-rays on Laraque's hand.

Narnia is offline  
Old
10-28-2003, 11:52 AM
  #32
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Not too serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
Any word on the x-rays on Laraque's hand.
They didn't release the results but it will not keep him from playing but he will not be fighting for awhile.

This was in one or both of the dailies this morning.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
10-28-2003, 12:06 PM
  #33
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
They didn't release the results but it will not keep him from playing but he will not be fighting for awhile.

This was in one or both of the dailies this morning.
What good is Laraque in the lineup if he can't fight.

Narnia is offline  
Old
10-28-2003, 01:43 PM
  #34
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
The point is, Rita shouldn't be hovering around at 4 points, he should be dominating, and he isn't. He isn't playing up to the level he can be, and it doesn't make sense to reward that.
Rewarding is not really my aim. My aim for getting Rita an extended shot in the lineup is to see what we actually have in him as a player because, until now, he hasn't any type of significant look. At the very least, it gives other teams something better to look at if Rita is indeed dealt. His value isn't going to increase playing in the AHL nor his skill level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
How many AHL games have you watched or listened to this season? Are you really willing to comment on how good DisCasmirro has been in his own end? Because based on their stats and radio play by play, Salmo has.
If last year's club was any indication, I'd say Nate was a pretty good defensive player... and unless things have snowballed for him, I'd say little has changed in that regard. During the playoffs Geoff Ward, inserted him in the lineup over Plekanec/Balej because he wanted some solid play out of him. And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Nate playing on the pk with Mike Bishai?

momentai is offline  
Old
10-29-2003, 01:13 PM
  #35
kraigus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
(Pisani)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
I still laugh because when he got called up, no one knew who he was. Now everyone is all sour on him for no reason. Pisani is up here in a checking role... he is doing the same things he did last year when everyone was in love with him.
Since you say "everyone"... IMO, he's not playing as well as he was last year. He's not making many mistakes defensively, but he's doing almost nothing offensively either. He's invisible. That's fine if one is a defenceman, but as a forward, I don't think it's good. Why not give some of the kids a chance? Rotate Pisani with somebody else - Stoll, say, since he's already on the roster anyway. I'm sure Fernando would take it ok.

As for calling somebody up - it doesn't matter to me who would get called up. I'm not even certain why BG would have to be out of the lineup to do so anyway - isn't there a free roster spot? (I still think that was being held in case Comrie signed early.)

kraigus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.