HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

HFBoards Fantrax Flyers League Draft Topic

Old
10-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Probably more then you're willing to give.
What about Streit.. i sent you a trade proposal

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Garbage Goal

Good news guys, I'm working on switching this to a Premium League (paid league). None of you will have to pay anything, it will all be covered by me. This will give us minor league spots to solve our minor league problem and the ability to trade draft picks. As well as league insurance and better customer support in case the need ever arises.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Oh wow...well, thanks!

10-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Garbage Goal

No problem. You ****ers better stay active.

I actually bought a lifetime membership so I'll always be commissioning one league every year till I die.

Old
10-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Garbage Goal

Alright, now that we have minor league spots on our rosters, here's how it will work. There is no minimum number of minor league players, however there is a maximum of 10. Players qualify for minor league spots until they reach age 25 or have played 82 games in the NHL. Simple and fair enough, no?

Old
10-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Garbage Goal

Draft picks up to three years in the future are allowed to be traded. HOWEVER, take note that I am seriously considering lowering the rosters from 26 players to about 20. So I strongly suggest keeping any late round picks.

I'm giving all members of the league until 4:00 PM EST on this Monday the 31st to put all their minor league players in their minor league spots. At that point I will lower the rosters back to 26 players total. So if you do not put your minor league players in the minor leagues by then then you will have an inactive roster at that point. So get on it asap. Also, for those that will forget, ONLY players drafted in the prospect draft are allowed to be put in the minor leagues. I will be checking at the end of the year to make sure that everyone has only put those players in the minor leagues.

Last edited by Garbage Goal: 10-29-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old
10-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Garbage Goal

I edited some stuff because I forgot a couple things so best to read over everything again if you already read it. Sorry. Most important thing I forgot to mention before is that only players drafted in our minor league draft that also meet the above age and GP requirements are allowed to be put into the minor leagues. I will be checking every roster individually at year's end to make sure this rule is followed so there's no point in trying to cheat around it because you'll simply be caught anyways.

Old
10-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Garbage Goal

Please also note that a prospect doesn't necessarily have to be in your minor league slot if you don't want him to be. However, you'll have to make room for, say RNH, by making a place for him on your NHL roster.

Old
10-29-2011, 06:07 PM
JVR21
G

I assume we can't simply add minor leaguers who havent been drafted yet, right? We're confined to 5 minor leaguers at this point?

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
I assume we can't simply add minor leaguers who havent been drafted yet, right? We're confined to 5 minor leaguers at this point?
No minimum of minor league players and a maximum of 10. However, only players drafted in our prospect draft, the results of which are posted in the OP, are eligible to be put into the minor league spots. So if you want to add a prospect to your minors system you'll have to trade for them. 2012 draftees are strictly off-limits so no picking up Yakupov or w/e. Any free agent, aside from 2012 draftees, are allowed to be picked up, but they're only allowed on your major league roster and will take up a keeper spot if you wish to keep them for next season.

Old
10-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Garbage Goal

Connolly, Ribeiro, Fleischmann, Konopka, J. Jokinen, and Streit are all available and all I'm really looking for is one really good young player.

Old
10-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Garbage Goal

Girouxsalem, I moved Carter Ashton to your reserves. He is not eligible for a minor league spot on your team. Players eligible for a minor league spot on your team are Evegeny Kuznetsov, Jeremy Morin, Emerson Etem, Kyle Palmieri, Louis LeBlanc.

Old
10-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Garbage Goal

WV Icers, Caron is not eligible to be put in your minor league system. Players eligible for you are Joel Armia, Mark McNeill, Beau Bennett, Jordan Caron, Gustav Nyquist.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Garbage Goal

Just for those that are unaware of this, the playoffs will only last two rounds as it stands. That means that only the top four teams will make it. I can extend it to further then that if the league wishes though.

Old
10-30-2011, 04:56 PM
JVR21
G

Garbage, check my latest post on the league. ******** just occurred. I don't like ********. I quit if ******** isn't fixed.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Garbage, check my latest post on the league. ******** just occurred. I don't like ********. I quit if ******** isn't fixed.
Best I can do is contact customer support.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked, I may have solved the problem because it says you're 3-0 currently.

Old
10-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Garbage Goal

Two announcements.

1) I'm not gonna check people's rosters every day to make sure they're using the minor league system correctly. However, "cheating" the system by putting players in the minors that aren't supposed to be there isn't going to help you at all because they won't rack up fantasy points for you in the minors and I'll be checking each roster at the end of the season to make sure everything's legit. So please don't cheat the system to make it easier on me and you all.

2) Like I said before, you all have until tomorrow at 4:00 PM EST to put your minor league players in the minor league system. If you don't then you may end up with an illegal roster come that time because I'll be changing the number of reserve slots from 31, IIRC, to 26, IIRC.

Old
10-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
*RULE CHANGE AS OF 10/29/2011*

This is how the prospect system will function:

There is a minimum number of 0 minor league players and a maximum number of 10. Players qualify for minor league status until they reach age 25 or have played 82 NHL games. Simple as that. Also, only players drafted in the prospect draft are allowed in the minor leagues slots. I will be checking each team by years end to make sure that that rule is followed.

Draft picks up to three years in the future are allowed to be traded. HOWEVER, take note that I am seriously considering lowering the rosters from 26 players to about 20. So I strongly suggest keeping any late round picks.

NOTICE

I'm giving all members of the league until 4:00 PM EST on this Monday the 31st to put all their minor league players in their minor league spots or create room for them on their NHL roster. At that point I will lower the rosters back to 26 players total. So if you do not put your minor league players in the minor leagues by then then you will have an inactive roster at that point. So get on it asap.
How many roster spots are there? I put four guys in the minors and my team says it is at 26 (19 active, 10 reserve, 3 IR). That's what the notice says, but I didn't put five into the minors. Maybe I have been playing a player short on my roster? I don't know.
There have been way too many in-season changes here. GG, I'd really recommend just leaving things be after this so we can just play. Worry about roster limits and such when we get to keepers. And if you are strongly considering dropping six roster spots, I'd say we all need to discuss something like that, as that's like a quarter of our roster. I know it's a first-year league, but things need to play out at this point.
If you do want to look at making changes, explore a different platform for the 2012-13 season. Fantrax is awful compared to Yahoo, ESPN and others. The fact that you can make an illegal roster says a lot. Now that the league is started, we don't need 365 access to a league site, as we can carry things here. And if we are on another platform, they all create league histories anyway.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

I can't quite figure out how to get players into my minor league system.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 11:59 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I can't quite figure out how to get players into my minor league system.
In the reserve/active drop down box there is now a Minors option.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

I was clearly overthinking this.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:06 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

2 Goalies 1 Cup: your roster is illegal

Old
10-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Garbage Goal

My dumb self is just now realizing that it's probably smarter to drop those five reserve spots tomorrow morning rather then right now three hours before the first puck drop. So I'll be dropping those reserve spots as soon as tomorrow morning hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
How many roster spots are there?
31+10 minor slots. Used to be 26 till we came up with the idea to add five spots for prospects. Now that we have a premium league with minors built into it there's no need for those five spots.

Quote:
I put four guys in the minors and my team says it is at 26 (19 active, 10 reserve, 3 IR). That's what the notice says, but I didn't put five into the minors. Maybe I have been playing a player short on my roster? I don't know.
You should have five players in your minors unless you traded one. And, yes, you probably have been playing a player short if you only have four prospects.

Quote:
There have been way too many in-season changes here.
There hasn't been that many I don't think. There were a bunch of tentative changes made at the onset of the season because it was a new league, my first time commissioning a league, and because the regular season was fast approaching. So that's to be expected.

Since then the only real change has been switching to a premium league. Since it's all been paid by me there's no downside at all for you guys for this change. Also, frankly, I'd expect a bit of appreciation for shelling out sixty bucks just to upgrade the league.

Quote:
GG, I'd really recommend just leaving things be after this so we can just play.
I intend to. Just lowering the reserve spots by five come tomorrow morning since there's no use for them anymore.

Quote:
Worry about roster limits and such when we get to keepers. And if you are strongly considering dropping six roster spots, I'd say we all need to discuss something like that, as that's like a quarter of our roster.
A change like that will only be made in the off-season. The rosters are way too deep as it is anyhow.

If you're referring to the five reserve spots that I'm going to drop tomorrow, it's because those weren't initially part of the league and were only added as a way to solve the prospect dilemma. Now that we have minor leagues there's literally no use for them.

Quote:
I know it's a first-year league, but things need to play out at this point.
Agreed. I promise this is the last and only change for the rest of the season. This is a positive change too so I don't see a problem with it.

Quote:
If you do want to look at making changes, explore a different platform for the 2012-13 season. Fantrax is awful compared to Yahoo, ESPN and others. The fact that you can make an illegal roster says a lot. Now that the league is started, we don't need 365 access to a league site, as we can carry things here. And if we are on another platform, they all create league histories anyway.
I do agree that ESPN and Yahoo are better, for the most part, but I'd rather not switch leagues as we now have premium league access on Fantrax for eternity pretty much (I'm a life-time member now which means I get to run one Premium league each season for free).

If people want a switch-over to another site though then we can vote that in during the off-season. That will probably be one of many subjects in the off-season to vote on.

Quote:
I was clearly overthinking this.
Clearly.

Old
10-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
2 Goalies 1 Cup: your roster is illegal
Don't know why that would be. I haven't changed anything so it's not a problem on my end.

Old
10-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Don't know why that would be. I haven't changed anything so it's not a problem on my end.
I went to the Team tab and clicked on Illegal Rosters. This is the error it lists:

The maximum number of 6 active D position(s) has been exceeded.