HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Thang recalled from Milwaukee

Old
10-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Not to be a negative nancy, but from my years of watching Thang play against Miami... I wasn't really impressed by him all that much. He was strong on the boards but wasn't exactly a powerhouse either. Granted, Miami iced a really good team back then so that may have had to do with some of it. Hopefully Fish won't be out long. This team needs him.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 10:17 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Thang has been tearing it up in Milwaukee, along with Mueller. Hopefully it translate well into the NHL as well.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 11:42 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
For what it's worth, this morning Fish's Twitter said he was "feeling good today" and hoped he would be back soon. Could be worse....but ya never know and unfortunately "upper body injury" is the kiss of death for the Preds. It'll be very interesting to see if he goes on the west coast trip or not.
Actually it was "feeling ok today". Big difference. No way to know how long he'll be out. Could be a Lombardi, or could be a week or so. Last season I remember hearing that Hamhuis had his 2nd or 3rd concussion. I thought he was done with the game. A week later he was playing.

My advice, don't expect too much and you won't be so disappointed if it drags on.

WartracePred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 01:07 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Actually it was "feeling ok today". Big difference. No way to know how long he'll be out. Could be a Lombardi, or could be a week or so. Last season I remember hearing that Hamhuis had his 2nd or 3rd concussion. I thought he was done with the game. A week later he was playing.

My advice, don't expect too much and you won't be so disappointed if it drags on.
Yeah my bad he did say 'okay', not 'good', but yes still unfortunately I'm well aware that I should expect the worst and hope for the best.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 01:26 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

If he is feeling "okay" the next day there is good reason to think it isn't major. He would likely be throwing up instead of tweeting otherwise.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
If he is feeling "okay" the next day there is good reason to think it isn't major. He would likely be throwing up instead of tweeting otherwise.
haha yeah, it's the good old "does he mean okay rather than bad" or "does he mean okay rather than good" dilemma. Fisher isn't exactly the Tweetingest person out there so I guess if I'm looking for positives I could say okay means good in this case, since he bothered to Tweet about it.

Assuming the team comes back to Nashville after the game tonight then goes to Phoenix tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see if Fish makes the trip out west. I'd be disappointed if he doesn't because A.) I want to see him twice haha but B.) it could be read into that it may be worse than expected. If he doesn't make the trip though and he's "borderline" healthy, a two week rest could I guess, in theory, get him back at full-strength on the 12th at home.

Old
10-31-2011, 10:40 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I think we are reading too much into twitter....

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:43 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Thang has been tearing it up in Milwaukee, along with Mueller. Hopefully it translate well into the NHL as well.
I wouldn't expect scoring from him. He's doing okay in Milwaukee, but he's always been a grinder. Any offense from him will be a bonus-- see Matt Halischuk or Nick Spaling

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Agreed...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:53 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Probably so. I wasn't necessarily saying that because he is tweeting he is fine. It just seems to me that if a person has a bad concussion he or she will be doing things other than tweeting. Everything is still up in the air of course

Old
10-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
We are.....but then again speculation makes the world go 'round.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:02 PM
WartracePred

I know this is a thread about Thang, so I'll try not to stray too far too long, but...

I've never been officially diagnosed with a concussion since I didn't see a doctor after the incidents. I've cracked my head playing rugby a couple of times and experienced 2 day headaches. I knew I didn't quite feel normal - almost like a severe hangover that dragged on. But I never felt nauseous or threw up.

What are the symptoms for a mild and moderate to severe concussion? I know players all participate in baseline studies when they are healthy. What does the test consist of? And how can the medical staff determine that a player is ready for full contact?

Old
10-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
I know this is a thread about Thang, so I'll try not to stray too far too long, but...

I've never been officially diagnosed with a concussion since I didn't see a doctor after the incidents. I've cracked my head playing rugby a couple of times and experienced 2 day headaches. I knew I didn't quite feel normal - almost like a severe hangover that dragged on. But I never felt nauseous or threw up.

What are the symptoms for a mild and moderate to severe concussion? I know players all participate in baseline studies when they are healthy. What does the test consist of? And how can the medical staff determine that a player is ready for full contact?
ask gopreds9 about this one. He knows all about that kind of stuff.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concuss...s_and_symptoms

Old
11-01-2011, 12:35 PM
WartracePred

Thang back to MIL

Well I guess Fisher and/or SK74 will make the West Coast trip. Thang was reassigned to Milwaukee this morning.

How did Thang fair last night? I tried to get a feel for his play and came away with nothing. I suppose that's a good thing that no glaring mistakes were noticed.

Old
11-01-2011, 12:53 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Well I guess Fisher and/or SK74 will make the West Coast trip. Thang was reassigned to Milwaukee this morning.

How did Thang fair last night? I tried to get a feel for his play and came away with nothing. I suppose that's a good thing that no glaring mistakes were noticed.
Re-watching the game right now. I'll say that his pass to Cube in the first was pretty awesome, but otherwise he has been pretty much invisible.

Old
11-01-2011, 01:09 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Probably so. I wasn't necessarily saying that because he is tweeting he is fine. It just seems to me that if a person has a bad concussion he or she will be doing things other than tweeting. Everything is still up in the air of course
Maybe not.

As far as I know, the only thing that heals a concussion is time. So what have you got to do but sit around and tweet?

Hopefully that's not the case and he'll be back soon. I'm hoping the reassignment of Thang is a sign that's it's not serious.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:19 PM
WartracePred

Seems like I read that Fisher practiced (or at least skated) since the game against Anaheim. Also think Trotz said he may be back for the West Coast trip. I'm assuming Thang's reassignment means Fisher's injury isn't as bad as we had all feared.

Old
11-01-2011, 02:26 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:

He played about like one would expect. Nothing too flashy, pretty quiet, kept his game simple. Did have a nice lead pass to spring Bouillon on a breakaway as TMI mentioned, but other than that, not much.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:45 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
He played about like one would expect. Nothing too flashy, pretty quiet, kept his game simple. Did have a nice lead pass to spring Bouillon on a breakaway as TMI mentioned, but other than that, not much.
I agree. I will say that his backchecking was pretty nice. He was playing a good game in the neutral

edit: I also like how my handle has been reduced to "TMI", which I have been told numerous times in my life since I seem to have a hard time with tact

Old
11-01-2011, 02:57 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Thang going back this quickly is excellent news, means we are getting someone bac

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i personally think it means SK is coming back, since he was in the "could have played" category, last night. I don't really see why we're reading this as Fisher being ready.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:07 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Somebody is coming back and it isn't Spaling. We'll see who in a couple days.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:10 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Erat - Smith - SK
Hornqvist - Legwand - Wilson
Bergfors - Smithson - Tootoo
Halischuk - Geoffrion - McGrattan

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Well both Fisher and SK practiced today so that's a good sign.