HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? Reebok doesn't (Part Three)

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2011, 11:28 PM
orangecrush8

vCash: 500
Has anyone ever stripped a jersey done by Philly Express/Skate Zone?

Does anyone know if they heat press the numbers and then stitch the numbers on?

Old
10-29-2011, 08:43 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
Has anyone ever stripped a jersey done by Philly Express/Skate Zone?

Does anyone know if they heat press the numbers and then stitch the numbers on?
It is easy to check, turn the jersey inside out and try to pull the fabric away from the number, should let you know if they are glued or not.

Old
10-29-2011, 11:03 AM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
It is easy to check, turn the jersey inside out and try to pull the fabric away from the number, should let you know if they are glued or not.
Ah yeah makes sense.

Thanks for the heads up!

Old
10-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Also picked up my Giroux jersey today. I really like 2.0's now that I have two haha.

I'm sure theirs something wrong with this one too though just like the Briere.

Yep I grabbed my Giroux jersey yesterday also. I dropped off my blank I had hanging in the closet for years to get customized. It was the black jersey (CCM). I decided on Keith Primeau. With the "C" it cost $70.00. They did a great job on the Giroux jersey. The numbers on the sleeve were spaced perfectly

Old
10-30-2011, 02:06 PM
thk25

I've ordered a total of three Flyers home blanks, and one Minnesota Wild home blank from a Chinese dealer. Overall I've been very pleased. I had to contact them about the 2nd Flyers jersey I bought because it was total trash (arguably they all are, but I think they are great for $50 shipped). The jersey had discoloring in some spots, the crest was sewn at an angle, and there were black marks on the back. I emailed them and asked to return it, but I settled for $20 off my next order. The next jersey was perfect, and you can tell looking at all three of the Flyers jerseys that the defect jersey is a different style entirely (different logo, different cut along the bottom edge). The Wild jersey was also perfect, and in fact I liked it so much I returned the Reebok premier I bought on Ebay. The one big issue I think the Chinese blank jerseys have is that the stripes on the shoulders do not taper correctly to the end of the sleeve and appear wider than the Reebok authentics.

I just dropped one of my Chinese blanks off at the Skate Zone to be made into a #36 Powe jersey and I'll post pictures in a few weeks when it gets done.

Old
10-30-2011, 02:54 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thk25 View Post
I've ordered a total of three Flyers home blanks, and one Minnesota Wild home blank from a Chinese dealer. Overall I've been very pleased. I had to contact them about the 2nd Flyers jersey I bought because it was total trash (arguably they all are, but I think they are great for $50 shipped). The jersey had discoloring in some spots, the crest was sewn at an angle, and there were black marks on the back. I emailed them and asked to return it, but I settled for $20 off my next order. The next jersey was perfect, and you can tell looking at all three of the Flyers jerseys that the defect jersey is a different style entirely (different logo, different cut along the bottom edge). The Wild jersey was also perfect, and in fact I liked it so much I returned the Reebok premier I bought on Ebay. The one big issue I think the Chinese blank jerseys have is that the stripes on the shoulders do not taper correctly to the end of the sleeve and appear wider than the Reebok authentics.

I just dropped one of my Chinese blanks off at the Skate Zone to be made into a #36 Powe jersey and I'll post pictures in a few weeks when it gets done.
i'd still rather have 1 awesome jersey than a billion crappy ones. with the flyers, its almost distracting when you go to a game to see the abundance of fake jerseys there. i really dont think there has been any other team as affected by the bad quality in fake jersey making like the flyers have been. Its just rediculous and any REAL fan should not only notice this but be embarrassed to wear one. sorry to those bargain hunters i've offended.

Old
10-30-2011, 03:20 PM
thk25

At the Flyers/Kings game I started looking around the section and I'd say 60-80% of the jersey wearing fans had on Chinese Giroux, Pronger, Briere jerseys just judging by the nameplates and numbers (saw a few ubiquitous Quakers as well).

I'll admit I cheaped out on the jersey, but doesn't make me any less of a fan of the team. I just don't prioritize having an authentic jersey more than other things. Maybe down the road I'll drop $350 on an authentic but right now I can't justify it. All told I'm in exactly $114.80 to the knockoff with customization which is probably the most I want to pay.

I'm not about to knock anyone for buying a cheap Chinese jersey, or a game worn one. I admit the Chinese jerseys aren't as good or accurate as the authentics, but right now I don't need an authentic to show pride in my team or the player's name I have on the back. I understand that these jerseys really are an affront to jersey purists but as crappy as they look in comparison to the real thing, I do enjoy see a ton of people in jerseys when I go to games.

Old
10-30-2011, 03:22 PM
flountown

Can we curb the fake jersey talk now. The forum has rules against discussing their purchase and promoting sites or people who sell them.

Old
10-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thk25 View Post
At the Flyers/Kings game I started looking around the section and I'd say 60-80% of the jersey wearing fans had on Chinese Giroux, Pronger, Briere jerseys just judging by the nameplates and numbers (saw a few ubiquitous Quakers as well).

I'll admit I cheaped out on the jersey, but doesn't make me any less of a fan of the team. I just don't prioritize having an authentic jersey more than other things. Maybe down the road I'll drop $350 on an authentic but right now I can't justify it. All told I'm in exactly $114.80 to the knockoff with customization which is probably the most I want to pay.

I'm not about to knock anyone for buying a cheap Chinese jersey, or a game worn one. I admit the Chinese jerseys aren't as good or accurate as the authentics, but right now I don't need an authentic to show pride in my team or the player's name I have on the back. I understand that these jerseys really are an affront to jersey purists but as crappy as they look in comparison to the real thing, I do enjoy see a ton of people in jerseys when I go to games.
I would never bust someone's balls for wearing a knockoff. As a matter of fact in all my years I never gave it one thought! I have five jerseys. Three (Blackhawks,Canadians and Flyers) that are authentic. And two(Flyers,Blazers) that are knockoffs. Not everyone can afford $300.00 plus. That is a lot of bread. But I enjoyed walking into Doug Laurie's store at the Maple Leaf Gardens and picking up my jersey. Man I miss the 70's

Old
10-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Ryker

Hey guys, what size do you buy when buying jerseys? Do you go with the same size you use for hoodies and such, or do you go size up?

Old
10-31-2011, 12:07 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Hey guys, what size do you buy when buying jerseys? Do you go with the same size you use for hoodies and such, or do you go size up?
I personally always go down... not up... I wear XL in everything else but an L in my Jerseys.

But I suppose it may not be the same for you if you have long arms. I find the body and length to be okay in all sizes actually, but the arms are long and L in the Reebok Premier is even a bit long -- I'm 5'9" or so and stocky -- With the 2010 Reebok Flyers Winter Classic style jersey the L gives me perfect arm length. I suppose I might try a M in the Premier, but I have tried one on and can live with the L.

What I'm getting at is IMO you have to try a couple sizes on to see what feels comfortable to your personal build and taste... some people have long arms and some people are okay with longish arms while other are bothered by them... I'd say, go down to a Modells or Dicks or other local sports retail store and try some on before you order one over the Internet.

BTW; With the old CCM/KOHO styles the L was more like the WC with more reasonable sleeve length for me.

HTH

Old
10-31-2011, 01:48 AM
Ryker

Thanks! Unfortunately due to time constraints and not having a shop with jerseys nearby, I decided to just go with Reebok Premier Home Jersey size M (which I usually wear, although I do have long arms, seeing as how I'm 5'11" or 6'0") for $CAD 79.99 (including shipping and tax). Thought it was a good price, even though it's just a blank. Hopefully I can get it customized either by the seller or somewhere around here. But I'm just happy to be getting my first Flyers jersey at this point.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:14 AM
PuckBoy33

Title says it all

Quote:
Can we curb the fake jersey talk now. The forum has rules against discussing their purchase and promoting sites or people who sell them.
But Flountown, my friend, the title of this thread is "Who cares if it is real or fake"--so he is entitled to express himself with regard to fake jerseys, no?

Old
10-31-2011, 11:22 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
But Flountown, my friend, the title of this thread is "Who cares if it is real or fake"--so he is entitled to express himself with regard to fake jerseys, no?
I've been lobbying to change that since the first thread. Regardless of the title, site rules prohibit discussing fake jerseys. Perhaps the thread title should be Who cares if it's real or fake? Reebok doesn't, HFBoards does...

Old
10-31-2011, 12:07 PM
GarretWillhelmThe3rd

Here ill post a real authentic and a beauty it truly is!!

Old
10-31-2011, 12:08 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

I say who cares, dude is just discussing his view on fake jerseys, didnt tell anyone to go buy one, he was just starting a discussion. Discussions are what message boards are for after all right?

Old
10-31-2011, 12:15 PM
thk25

Quote:
I've been lobbying to change that since the first thread. Regardless of the title, site rules prohibit discussing fake jerseys. Perhaps the thread title should be Who cares if it's real or fake? Reebok doesn't, HFBoards does...
I am not trying to start a brawl over this, if flountown says HFBoards doesn't allow it that is fine with me.

If this conversation can be held without the posting of links to the dealers of the fake jerseys or otherwise promoting them I'm all for it because I think there is some room for dialogue on the utility of these cheaper jerseys. However, I guess the argument could be made that no one is going to convince the other side of their view. Jerseys seem to be a polarizing topic, either you will only pay for the authentic, or you will not, without many in the middle.

Can I post pictures of my fake jersey when it is done being customized? Or any of the other ones I've purchased?

Old
10-31-2011, 12:53 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

You can post and discuss it. However I'd rather not see links posted.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
10-31-2011, 01:04 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Here is a Chinese knockoff a friend gave me that I stripped the name from and replaced.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Ryker

One more question, guys. What does it mean customization of jerseys is NHLPA approved? Does that mean you can always expect a really good standard from one who does it, or does is still vary among the providers? Can you get crappy stuff even though it's NHLPA approved?

Also, I hate how I can't decide on which name to put on. If I knew Read was going to stay with the team, I'd go with him, but from the others Pronger seems like it would best fit my avatar.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:42 PM
flountown

Quote:
One more question, guys. What does it mean customization of jerseys is NHLPA approved? Does that mean you can always expect a really good standard from one who does it, or does is still vary among the providers? Can you get crappy stuff even though it's NHLPA approved?

Also, I hate how I can't decide on which name to put on. If I knew Read was going to stay with the team, I'd go with him, but from the others Pronger seems like it would best fit my avatar.
It just means that the company gets official fonts and numbers from the NHL and is legally allowed to produce kits of the jerseys. As we have found out though, the official numbers for the Flyers are a bit off from what Philly Express uses.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:45 PM
Ryker

Quote:
As we have found out though, the official numbers for the Flyers are a bit off from what Philly Express uses.
Ah, thanks. What do you mean by that last comment, though? I mean, are you saying Philly Express is NHLPA approved, but they still don't do it right, implying I could get screwed over with someone else, as well?

Old
10-31-2011, 01:52 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Ah, thanks. What do you mean by that last comment, though? I mean, are you saying Philly Express is NHLPA approved, but they still don't do it right, implying I could get screwed over with someone else, as well?
Basically, places like Icejerseys, Rivercity, etc all have NHLPA approved kits to customize their jerseys. But the actual customizers who do the on-ice jerseys (Philly Express for the Flyers) may use different name and number fonts.

In the case of Philly Express, the font they use for the Flyers on-ice jerseys is different than the NHLPA approved kits. So the only way to get the exact same customization the Flyers use is to go to Philly Express. Through my own experience as well as others, no one else can do it right.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Ryker

Oh OK, thanks for the explanation. Seeing as how I don't live in the US, I don't think Philly Express is a viable alternative for me, so I think I'll have to find some other way of doing this. I'm actually buying the jersey from SAI Authentic Sportswear (in Ontario), and they said their partner is NHLPA approved and does customization. I don't know who that partner is yet, though, but if I find out, perhaps I can post it here to see whether anyone has experience with them. Seeing as how you also live in Ontario, where did you buy your jersey and customize it?

Old
10-31-2011, 02:19 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Hollywood what are you worried about with the Giroux? Me nitpicking again?

And man...Garret where did you pick that jersey up? It doesn't appear game used unless I'm wrong.

Closed Thread