HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Will Bryzgalov ever be worth his contract?

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Weird. Richards got lambasted for not talking enough to the media, and Bryz gets in trouble for talking too much. We've gone from one extreme to the other.

10-31-2011, 11:53 AM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
No. This is actually the problem haha. When he retires it stays.
So much conflicting information out there...I find some that say it's clearable and some that say not.
LTIR will work...and he has back problems now..
The point is...IF...his contract becomes a severe hinderance to winning it will be resolved.
Ed Snider has routinely eaten salary and signed the checks...this is so a non issue for anyone who isn't him.
I tell you what...if weber makes it to UFA we will be in on it...regardless of our cap situation.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:06 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Yup..update below

BroadStBull Sam Carchidi
Philly chapter of Hockey Writers Assoc. has filed a complaint on Bryz situation. #Flyers could be fined for not giving access.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:14 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
So much conflicting information out there...I find some that say it's clearable and some that say not.
LTIR will work...and he has back problems now..
The point is...IF...his contract becomes a severe hinderance to winning it will be resolved.
Ed Snider has routinely eaten salary and signed the checks...this is so a non issue for anyone who isn't him.
I tell you what...if weber makes it to UFA we will be in on it...regardless of our cap situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Neither of these are bad contracts. Pronger will probably retire at 40 because he gets like 1m in the last 2 years. When he retires cap hit gone!
Lilja makes like 700k...his figure isn't going to cause any problems...
Why is ANYONE not named ed snider worried about Bryz's last 4 years. It's not your money and his hit will be removed if necessary. I have no doubt.
Retiring does NOT clear anything.

The only way out of it is LTIR, like we are doing with Lappy and have done with Rathje. The issue is, despite what everyone thinks, LTIR is not a fix. You shouldn't rely on it.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:21 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Weird. Richards got lambasted for not talking enough to the media, and Bryz gets in trouble for talking too much. We've gone from one extreme to the other.
TheOrangeUpdate Danny and Rob
“@RandyJMiller: Apparently #Flyers may be able to be fined $10,000 for each day a player isn't made available to media” ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Old
10-31-2011, 12:29 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

tpanotchCSN Tim Panaccio
This means HBO will have NO access to Bryz, just like the Philly media for their 24/7, too on day before/day of game. HBO wont like that

Old
10-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
tpanotchCSN Tim Panaccio
This means HBO will have NO access to Bryz, just like the Philly media for their 24/7, too on day before/day of game. HBO wont like that
Are they going to have Bryz in a separate locker room, a separate practice rink, and a separate hotel? Are they going to block out his face when they film him with the team?

That makes no sense. He may not do a personal interview or whatever, but they can still film him interacting with his team.

I actually hope he does an interview everyday with HBO, and nothing with the Philly media. I just want to see how they'd react to that.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:57 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

HBO will have access. God the philly media piss me off. Especially that clown timmeh

Old
10-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Panaccio is total moron. I ceased to believe anything he writes long ago.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:02 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Retiring does NOT clear anything.

The only way out of it is LTIR, like we are doing with Lappy and have done with Rathje. The issue is, despite what everyone thinks, LTIR is not a fix. You shouldn't rely on it.
Obviously he has to really be hurt to have it be used...but as long as it's in you can rely on it as a tool.

I'm sure they will work something out if need be. Call me when the cap management costs us something significant.
Scottie upshall isn't a very big cap sacrifice IMO.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Gagne?

Old
10-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Yeah he REALLY let us down during the shootout against the Rangers in 2009-10.

U0FIvr74aeY
that, and this:

were his 2 moments of greatness with the Flyers .....

big deal. that might be good enough for you to give him a Lifetime pass, but this is 2011, and this SLOP:

Old
10-31-2011, 02:11 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Boucher is a good backup goalie. Using him as a starter like the Flyers kinda tried to do is foolish.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:14 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Boucher is a good backup goalie. Using him as a starter like the Flyers kinda tried to do is foolish.
Exactly. He has his moments. So did guys like esche, biron, and nitty.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:18 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Gagne?
From an emotional standpoint sure, from talent/production he had declined. He was GONE for sure after this last season...so essentially they gave his money to someone else and cleared his figure.
We didn't get significantly worse by losing him, and we didn't lose a guy we wanted to keep (ala the Blackhawks).

Old
10-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

I don't know, I thought our team looked noticeably worse on defense last year with Gagne's talents gone. The absence of Lappy doubtless hurt that department as well. He's go 7 points in 9 games with the Kings this year as well. He isn't as washed up as people say.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:31 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

F the Philly media. F'em

Old
10-31-2011, 02:36 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
I don't know, I thought our team looked noticeably worse on defense last year with Gagne's talents gone. The absence of Lappy doubtless hurt that department as well. He's go 7 points in 9 games with the Kings this year as well. He isn't as washed up as people say.
He's good 2 way for sure...but I mean it was clear we were not bringing him back. It's rare to see a guy take a paycut to stay...he's not washed up, but he's not a cornerstone anymore. Guys like him move around alot now at this stage of his career.
If we loose giroux in 3 years because we are outbid that's a prob.

Old
10-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
So Richards struggles with the media and the Flyers do absolutely nothing to help him out, but Bryz plays poorly for a handful of games and the media goes under the bus. I wonder about this organization at times.

Old
10-31-2011, 08:06 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
So Richards struggles with the media and the Flyers do absolutely nothing to help him out, but Bryz plays poorly for a handful of games and the media goes under the bus. I wonder about this organization at times.
Richards is not a goalie. The most important and obviously stressful and mental position (except maybe pitching in the playoffs) in all of pro sports. This dude was takin this little retarded losing streak way too hard. This makes sense to me. He's tryin too hard not only on the ice but in these stupid generic interviews to do a song and dance. Their tryin to relieve some pressure. At least their tryin to help him. Richards was lambasted because of the opposite reason. He was completely devoid of any emotion. I loved Richards but he was lame to interview. The point in all this is these guys cant be distracted by these stupid *******s shovin microphones in their faces. they are players.

Old
10-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Libertine's point is that the organization did nothing to help Richards with the media.

Actually, Holmgren made things worse and is personally responsible for the whole thing to begin with. So..perhaps they're learning from past mistakes.

Old
10-31-2011, 08:14 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
You'd think that a 31 year old veteran wouldn't need protection from the media. Something stinks here and I'm still not sure what to make of it. As of the last tweet from Pannacio, the Flyers have changed their minds and things are going back to normal except that the goalies will have limits on the amount of time they can talk.

People keep trying to make excuses for Bryz, saying he needs to learn to play a new system, well Bob not only had to learn a new system but it was his first time playing on small ice, first time playing against the best players in the world, first time in a new country and he didn't speak the language. I hope this isn't the way Bryz deals with pressure.

Old
10-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
That's hilarious. GAA and shutouts are team stats, but even a goalie playing for a losing team can have a great save percentage. Markstrom's SV% in Florida is .945. Lundqvist's is .935. Nabokov's is .927. Thomas has .929. Dubnyk has .920. All these guys are have a losing record.

Bryzgalov's SV% is .870. Bobrovsky's is .859.

(Luongo's is .868.)

All of these three goalies are playing absolutely awful right now and with zero confidence and you can't blame anyone for it except those three guys themselves.

If GAA and shutouts are team stats, then so is SV% in small sample sizes.

Old
10-31-2011, 08:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

What kind of media coverage does Bryz get in Russia?

Old
10-31-2011, 08:24 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
You'd think that a 31 year old veteran wouldn't need protection from the media. Something stinks here and I'm still not sure what to make of it. As of the last tweet from Pannacio, the Flyers have changed their minds and things are going back to normal except that the goalies will have limits on the amount of time they can talk.

People keep trying to make excuses for Bryz, saying he needs to learn to play a new system, well Bob not only had to learn a new system but it was his first time playing on small ice, first time playing against the best players in the world, first time in a new country and he didn't speak the language. I hope this isn't the way Bryz deals with pressure.
Nobody is makin excuses for Bryz. I'll admit i probably am way too big of a fan of his for what he's actually done in this league but that might be the point. He's a good dude. and he is tryin to take responsiblilty for too much. He has sucked on shots here and there but the big picture is the horrible coverage of the team. This new whacked out team we have. and people say our defense is the same but everyone on here knows how much the forwards are tryin to establish who their with and where they need to be. We hit some rocks and we find out this guy is the guy who jumps on the landmine. They dont want the 10 million dollar guy hit with the landmine.

Closed Thread