HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nyquist called up.

Old
10-31-2011, 03:56 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton2233 View Post
Whats the info on the is kid? Fast skater, slapshot/wristshot power/acc? etc.. Thanks
He plays a style similar to Datsyuk or Filppula.

Crafty offensive guy that can really dangle and is good defensively. Fast release and good wrsiter, can't say I've seen him take a clapper at all to be honest.

Hes the wings best forward prospect in my eyes and has looked way too good for the AHL in the 4 games I've watched this season.

Lets put it this way, if Mike Babcock of all people is going to put this kid in Detroits top 6 as a 22 year old, hes good

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:06 PM
WorkingOvertime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemack View Post
why not go with what worked in preseason? whatever the case, I trust Babcock has reasons.

also my lineup deals with the fact that Minnesota is a bigger team who wants to slow the game down and makes you win the puck around the board.

Nyquist without bigger bodies around him against Wild could be pretty useless IMO.
I think you have it correct on where he should play, but IMO he likely won't get 2nd line ice time in his first NHL game. Abby or Bert would also be good linemates in case anyone tries to rattle Nyquist- I'm sure Clutterbuck will be looking to 'welcome' him to the NHL.

WorkingOvertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingOvertime View Post
I'm sure Clutterbuck will be looking to 'welcome' him to the NHL.
Clutterbuck was exactly who I had in mind.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Shoalzie

He's not getting called up if they didn't plan on playing him. Hudler's days in Detroit are officially counting down.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:35 PM
icKx

What's this? A reason to get excited about a game against the Wild?

And I'd rather see Bert sit out than Hudler.

icKx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:39 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Nyquist has been my favorite prospect since his freshman year at Maine. I watched his first televised college game in 2008, and was immediately impressed, by both his on-ice performance and how he handled himself during his intermission interview. At 19, he was already more mature and professional than probably half the NHL. His development to date has not surprised me one bit. He's a special player and it'll be exciting to see him in his first big league game.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:54 PM
HockeytownOverhaul

dont understand the Hudler hate? He's been very defensively responsible this year, he's been engaging physically, he's got more points and better plus minus that all but 3 players on the team and he hasn't been taking shifts off.. Hudler will stay in Detroit

I could see Bert getting benched for this game and bringing Cleary down to play with Abby and Helm, I know he gets reputation penalties but he's been taking some stinkers the past 4 games.

Nyquist will be playing top 6 minutes. He had great chemistry with Franzen in the preseason.. I could see those two and either Fil or Z at pivot.

HockeytownOverhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Cool, got some random tickets to the game, and now I get to see Nyquist first game. Hopefully he puts on a show.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:03 PM
ARCTICCAT24

I wish this kid was over 6 ft tall, damn. If he was Bertuzzi's height he would be even more of a beast.

ARCTICCAT24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:20 PM
ricky0034

exciting day between this and the Kronwall deal

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Flowah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeytownOverhaul View Post
dont understand the Hudler hate? He's been very defensively responsible this year, he's been engaging physically, he's got more points and better plus minus that all but 3 players on the team and he hasn't been taking shifts off.. Hudler will stay in Detroit
Hudler will stay in Detroit and sit or be demoted to the 3/4 lines and play fewer and fewer minutes and less PP time, making him essentially useless.

Sigh.

I guess Hudler needed to go PPG to not lose his spot. Totally unrealistic.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:23 PM
TatarTangle

Would rather see Tatar out there but that's just me. But I'm certainly not going to complain about Nyquist, especially when they can't put any pucks in the net right now.

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Bench
Coffee. Pie. Owls.

If nothing else, this adds some excitement to see how a rookie does.

Who knows, maybe he'll earn a spot.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:49 PM
HockeytownOverhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Hudler will stay in Detroit and sit or be demoted to the 3/4 lines and play fewer and fewer minutes and less PP time, making him essentially useless.

Sigh.

I will say, playing Devil's Advocate and given Happy's playoff underperformances and blunders like his crushing hit of cleary or missing coverage on the GWG, that playing at this level is adding needed stock and wouldn't be surprised to see him get moved for an impact player at the deadline.

HockeytownOverhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
I don't really care what whoever posted on some other site, or what someone's reputation is on this or that message board. If you think someone breaks the rules, report it. If you're tired of someone talking about something, ignore it.

10-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Probert

Send a message via MSN to Probert
I love this move, and even suggested as much in the "should we trade Hudler" thread. We have some talented young guys who will bring to the table the very thing this team has been lacking: energy and a desire to play at full bore night in night out! Great decision to bring up Nyquist!

Probert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Datstromberg

Hudler is +1 with 2 goals and 2 assists on 9 shots.

Zetterberg is -4, with 2 goals and 1 assist on 42 shots

I dont think babcock has ever given hudler a fair shot at the top 6 and it worries me about whether babcock really knows how to break these young offensive forwards into the league. Its not like hudler has been making horrible blunders that have cost the team games. He's +1 with 2 goals on 9 shots through 9 games.

Datstromberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:27 PM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datstromberg View Post
Hudler is +1 with 2 goals and 2 assists on 9 shots.

Zetterberg is -4, with 2 goals and 1 assist on 42 shots

I dont think babcock has ever given hudler a fair shot at the top 6 and it worries me about whether babcock really knows how to break these young offensive forwards into the league. Its not like hudler has been making horrible blunders that have cost the team games. He's +1 with 2 goals on 9 shots through 9 games.
Looks like Hudler just needs to shoot more, instead of passing or whatever he's doing... Maybe if he stepped up that aspect of the game... Maybe he'd get more min's...

I myself, question why people "hate" Hudler so much... just from watching game in game out, he seems to be okay for me... again, just needs to shoot alot more... but then again so does the entire team, they need to put more of an effort game in game out.. which they are not doing...

There's many players on the team, that are under performing.. yet Hudler is always singled out rather silly imo.

The Entire team is in a funk... they will get out of it plain and simple... to constantly be negative on this board, is getting silly as well... from benching the team, to blowing up the team, its a bit much, they are professionals, and they will get their act together...

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Yemack

It's not like there is a thread dedicated to Hudler or we haven't talked about this very subject in every other thread every season or something.

So Let's talk about Hudler more.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:32 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemack View Post
It's not like there is a thread dedicated to Hudler or we haven't talked about this very subject in every other thread every season or something.

So Let's talk about Hudler more.
no kidding. i really don't care about hudler much, but the hudler fanboys are annoying and i hope he's gone for only that one reason. to get rid of the thread hijacking about such a minor topic.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I'm pumped for the game tomorrow now.

I expect Miller and Eaves to sit. Possibly Hudler or Homer instead of 1 of them.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:49 PM
vannzee
Ruslan Salei fan...

I will be there tomorrow. It will be exciting to see Nyquist's debut.

I do not think Hudler is the problem. If they play him on the third line then thats the perfect spot for him. He's had his moments this season and you can certainly see that he can be a goal scorer.

vannzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:49 PM
ashenhigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post

Sigh.

Or not play absolutely terrible like he has the past four games....

ashenhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Kiddington
heehats

Niiiiiiiiiice.

Great news. Can't wait to see what this kid can do.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Kyleftlx
twitter*****/kyle_ftl

Send a message via MSN to Kyleftlx
What has Hudler done to earn himself a spot? The last 4 games he has been a -3 with 0 shots... and to top it all off, he took 2 penalties against San Jose, which earned him his lowest ice time of the season in the game against Minnesota.

I can't say I'd blame Babcock for benching Hudler at this point. You can blame Zetterberg for taking all of those shots and not hitting the back of the net, but I'd rather take a guy who isn't afraid to shoot the puck over a guy who is going to go 4 straight games with none.

I love Huds, but if he is benched, it is simply because he earned himself a spot down there. He has been given plenty of opportunity to generate offense, and he hasn't even taken a shot in 4 games.

Let's see what Nyquist can do.

Kyleftlx is offline   Reply With Quote