HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, College, International, Other) *Part 3*

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2011, 10:40 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Stats in the first post are updated.
Thanks.

Awesome job.

Kreider and Miller are putting the numbers up to back up the physical tools. I hope this makes people happy.

Really looking forward to Kreider, Miller, and McIlrath coming to the Rangers.

Old
10-30-2011, 11:43 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Thanks.

Awesome job.

Kreider and Miller are putting the numbers up to back up the physical tools. I hope this makes people happy.
Great news to see them playing well but we need to also consider it's only about a 10 game sample size and a lot can change throughout the course of a full season... I hope they can keep up the consistency and the pace.

Old
10-31-2011, 06:45 AM
msv957

Quote:
Thanks.

Awesome job.

I agree... Miller and Kreider are doing what most first round picks should be doing after they are drafted.

Old
10-31-2011, 07:44 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
I agree... Miller and Kreider are doing what most first round picks should be doing after they are drafted.
Kreider HAD been doing what he was supposed to be doing.

Old
10-31-2011, 08:24 AM
Ola

Quote:
Hands down, it really is. Kreider is now getting the chance he has been waiting for.

When I've seen him before I've seen a player with awesome physical attribute, but I've also seen a player that has been very one dimensional. At college level, if he got the puck in certain situations he pwned anyone and everony on the ice. But he could not put himself in situation that he could take advantage of on a regular basis -- hence why he scored so little -- and no doubt -- the reason for why he got so little ice time (the soapmore/vet talk was/is just BS). Like its possible to argue that he deserved more IT, and didn't get it because he wasn't a vet on his team. But its just a fact that he didn't push the envelop. Look, there is no reason for why a Kreider in College cannot be as dominant on a 2nd line as like Malkin0/Crosby (one of them are de facto 2nd line centers when both are healthy) are for Pittsburg. I mean, a very good prospect forward in College should create offense on a regular basis, playing on a 1st line or not.

And you do not add dimensions to your game if you basically play low 2nd line minutes on a 4 line team. I am fairly certain that it was a great choice by him to stay in college.

Last edited by Ola: 10-31-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old
10-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Ola

Jesper Fasth has been selected to represent Sweden in the Karjala Tournament (4 nation mens tournament).

Thats great news. It really gives a kid great confidence if he can play well in these tournaments. It used to be that it was almost a guarantee that if you did well at the national team level, you would do well in the NHL. That aint really the case anymore. There are so many tournaments and games in the diffrent leagues over here that many nations are forced to play with like 50% of their best (euro) rosters at best almost every tournament. And there are more Euros in the NHL/AHL than ever before etc.

But like the speed is of course still awesome, the skill level overall is great and what not. Its a great experience for such a young player.

Old
10-31-2011, 08:51 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Awesome regarding Fasth. The kid is really making a name for himself.

It's just pain.
Old
10-31-2011, 09:22 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Can't wait to see this kid in camp next year. He's going to open some eyes.

Old
10-31-2011, 05:41 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Kreider HAD been doing what he was supposed to be doing.
But that says nothing about his consistency over the past 2 seasons as an individual player... If you look at his point distribution, he's been inconsistent and he's admitted as much in his recent summer interview....

Old
11-01-2011, 06:07 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Canada might have to find replacements for players who attended their WJC camp in the summer. Erik Gudbranson is playing in the NHL. Some other players are currently injured.

Quote:
If not, two to keep in mind are both 2012 draft eligible guys from the WHL; Red Deer's Mathew Dumba and Morgan Rielly from Moose Jaw. Both wore national colours this past summer at the Ivan Hlinka tournament and won gold. Dumba was the teams captain while Rielly (above) finished with 4 points in 5 games, a scoring pace he's kept into the WHL's regular season.

1st round draftee Dylan McIlrath (NYR) of the Warriors and 2nd rounder Alex Petrovic (FLA) of the Rebels could also get consideration and better fit as replacements for Gudbranson in terms of being a big body. Either way, pretty good for both Moose Jaw and Red Deer to have a couple guys who could answer the call.
http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/...or-canada.html

Another WJC camp will be held next month.

Old
11-01-2011, 07:20 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Hands down, it really is. Kreider is now getting the chance he has been waiting for.

When I've seen him before I've seen a player with awesome physical attribute, but I've also seen a player that has been very one dimensional. At college level, if he got the puck in certain situations he pwned anyone and everony on the ice. But he could not put himself in situation that he could take advantage of on a regular basis -- hence why he scored so little -- and no doubt -- the reason for why he got so little ice time (the soapmore/vet talk was/is just BS). Like its possible to argue that he deserved more IT, and didn't get it because he wasn't a vet on his team. But its just a fact that he didn't push the envelop. Look, there is no reason for why a Kreider in College cannot be as dominant on a 2nd line as like Malkin0/Crosby (one of them are de facto 2nd line centers when both are healthy) are for Pittsburg. I mean, a very good prospect forward in College should create offense on a regular basis, playing on a 1st line or not.

And you do not add dimensions to your game if you basically play low 2nd line minutes on a 4 line team. I am fairly certain that it was a great choice by him to stay in college.
Kreider is not one-dimensional.

Old
11-01-2011, 07:21 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
But that says nothing about his consistency over the past 2 seasons as an individual player... If you look at his point distribution, he's been inconsistent and he's admitted as much in his recent summer interview....
Im not talking about points, though.

Im talking about playing the game.

He had been doing everything he needed to do. He developed in every aspect since being drafted.

Old
11-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

McIlrath getting WJC experience would be great for him. But even the fact that he's considering it is a sign of tremendous progress in the last 15 months.

If you remember, the Rangers were hiding McIlrath from fans during the 2010 preseason because they were afraid everyone will sour on him, and he'll get booed, ruining his confidence at such a young age. Nobody is hiding him anymore.

Old
11-01-2011, 10:36 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Kreider - Stepan - Fasth

A great homegrown third line next year

PACK LINE

Hagelin/Bourque - Boyle - Prust

XX - Richards - Gaborik

Fill in the XX (Miller in 2 years time?? or Kreider bumped up & Miller on the 3rd) ---

Old
11-01-2011, 10:55 AM
levski87

Homegrown doesn't necessarily translate to being a good team.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:00 AM
NYR Viper

IMO, Kreider may be the player MOST suited to playing with Richards heading into the future....

Old
11-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Pizza

If MacIlrath makes the WJC squad, HF boards will be cheap entertainment a plenty.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:07 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
McIlrath getting WJC experience would be great for him. But even the fact that he's considering it is a sign of tremendous progress in the last 15 months.

If you remember, the Rangers were hiding McIlrath from fans during the 2010 preseason because they were afraid everyone will sour on him, and he'll get booed, ruining his confidence at such a young age. Nobody is hiding him anymore.
Where did you get that they were hiding him?

Old
11-01-2011, 11:47 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Canada might have to find replacements for players who attended their WJC camp in the summer. Erik Gudbranson is playing in the NHL. Some other players are currently injured.

http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/...or-canada.html

Another WJC camp will be held next month.
morgan rielly is a stud. kid is a really special player. i hope we get an eye full of him this year and take a good long look.

hes a gifted playmaker from the blueline and does everything at a high level and with blazing speed. not many holes in his game right now and hes gonna get bigger and better.

next year is certainly the year of the gifted dman. 2012 top 10 kid for sure

Old
11-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Where did you get that they were hiding him?
It was reported in the papers. They purposely didn't want him to play in games that are broadcasted and sent him back early. I definitely remember reading that t the management did not want fans to see him.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:56 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
It was reported in the papers. They purposely didn't want him to play in games that are broadcasted and sent him back early. I definitely remember reading that t the management did not want fans to see him.
I would LOVE to see this, because I read every major paper that covers the Rangers every day and I've never read that.

Old
11-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
I would LOVE to see this, because I read every major paper that covers the Rangers every day and I've never read that.
yeah I don't think there was any such thing in papers. I believe that the Rangers/Devils AHL and prospects game was maybe not going to be televised or something, or the public wasn't going to be allowed to see it, and people jumped to the conclusion that the Rangers demanded that it be closed so that people wouldn't see McIlrath play

If they sent him back early last year it was because he was nowhere near ready and didn't need to be playing in NHL preseason games anyways

Old
11-01-2011, 12:56 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
IMO, Kreider may be the player MOST suited to playing with Richards heading into the future....
Speedy line...

Old
11-01-2011, 04:15 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

NO NHL team would cancel, close to the public, not televise a prospects game because they "didn't want fans to see and 'boo' a prospect".

That summer, the Rangers had McIlrath in New York City for a good portion of the summer, taking him on tours, events, and he was working out with the organization.

Old
11-01-2011, 04:37 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Yeah, he did a whole bus tour by himself with Graves or Mess or something.

Closed Thread