HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cammy

Old
10-31-2011, 10:39 PM
Gino3176

vCash: 500
Cammy

I think the Habs should deal Cammy> Not because he is no good or not performing but just the opposite. Cammy is our best option to score at forward and he's our best sniper, and once we get in the playoff's he has proven to be even better(Mr. Clutch). So why trade him?
Cammy has alot of value and other team's will have alot of interest. Cammy like alot of Hab forward is alittle on the small side and we have alot of these small guy's. So I think on order to increase the size of our top 6 forwards someone has to be sacrafised and Cammy has more value them any other guy but Plekanec and he as to be retained. So trading Cammy may be the best option.
My proposal would be trading Cammy to the Blues in return for Chris Stewart. Stewart has alot of size and toughness and he is a very good young player. He's already scored 30 in a season and he is capably of doing it again. Stewart is a young power forward the Habs have been lacking for awhile. Imagine Stewart, pacioretty and Cole all in our top 6. Stewart is younger and has alot of potential thus I feel that he is a good option and it will take something big of our current roster to get him. That's why I suggest Cammy, there is a few years difference in there ages and with Cammy being a proven player in the regular season and a monster in the playoff's that is why the two players match up trade wise pretty evenly. What do you guy's think. The Blues have some guy's on the team that can make up for the toughness that Stewart brought and thus hide Cammy's size and lack of toughness where as with the Habs it is expossed due to lack of toughness on the current roster.

Gino3176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Habs Junkie

I wonder what Tampa Bay would look like if they shared your point of view on things.

Also, I would do the exact opposite and keep Cammy, and trade Gomez, Gionta, and Desharnais.

Last edited by Habs Junkie: 10-31-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:45 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Cammelleri is one one the top playoff sniper in the league why exactly would we trade him?

If he continues scoring at 0.5 GPG and 1PPG in the playoffs, he's well worth 6 millions.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Zeroknowledge*

don't want nothing to do with Stewart, he's been out of shape and has been called extremely lazy this year.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:48 PM
ruski17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino3176 View Post
I think the Habs should deal Cammy> Not because he is no good or not performing but just the opposite. Cammy is our best option to score at forward and he's our best sniper, and once we get in the playoff's he has proven to be even better(Mr. Clutch). So why trade him?
Cammy has alot of value and other team's will have alot of interest. Cammy like alot of Hab forward is alittle on the small side and we have alot of these small guy's. So I think on order to increase the size of our top 6 forwards someone has to be sacrafised and Cammy has more value them any other guy but Plekanec and he as to be retained. So trading Cammy may be the best option.
My proposal would be trading Cammy to the Blues in return for Chris Stewart. Stewart has alot of size and toughness and he is a very good young player. He's already scored 30 in a season and he is capably of doing it again. Stewart is a young power forward the Habs have been lacking for awhile. Imagine Stewart, pacioretty and Cole all in our top 6. Stewart is younger and has alot of potential thus I feel that he is a good option and it will take something big of our current roster to get him. That's why I suggest Cammy, there is a few years difference in there ages and with Cammy being a proven player in the regular season and a monster in the playoff's that is why the two players match up trade wise pretty evenly. What do you guy's think. The Blues have some guy's on the team that can make up for the toughness that Stewart brought and thus hide Cammy's size and lack of toughness where as with the Habs it is expossed due to lack of toughness on the current roster.
I hope patches doesn't read this.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Aeneas

i understand we have small guys, but we also have big guys that balance things out. were not a huge team by any means, but getting rid of cammy just because he is small is ridiculous, pacioretty and cole already fill the power forward role, cammy might not get the production we hoped, but seriously who has gotten good production on our team in awhile, nonetheless he's earned a spot on this team ( and in my heart ) with his clutch plays and leadership, he shouldn't go anywhere

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 11:10 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I rather keep him unless it's for a really good upgrade

Cammy scores at least 19 goals a season
He is a 20 goal scorer last year was a off year like for many forwards last season
If he scores around 20 goals per season and then at playoff time breaks out
I am happy

Remember his first year
He was our leading goal scorer and was on fire till he got hurt

I think he just needs a goal in mind or somthing to prove since in 2009-10 he was out to prove that he was worth it and in the playoffs it was the goal to move on to next round

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I'm not going to comment on Stewart but I agree with your line of thought. We should deal vets (like Cammy) who have value for younger players. We aren't good enough to win now but we could be down the road with guys like Subban and Price to build with. Tons of folks are going to rip you for even suggesting it but I agree with you (at least in principle, not specifically on Stewart because I don't know enough about him.)

Good to see other folks here thinking outside the box.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 11:49 PM
Destoker

You guys are kidding right? Here's a guy who'll score, fight like a madmen, release the fury in the corners while having all the potential in the world at 23 !! Already a 30 goal season at such a young age .. frame of a sequoia... He's the prototype power forward every team dream about... I give away a cocky small unidimensional overpaid player against him anyday of the week.

Destoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 11:55 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destoker View Post
You guys are kidding right? Here's a guy who'll score, fight like a madmen, release the fury in the corners while having all the potential in the world at 23 !! Already a 30 goal season at such a young age .. frame of a sequoia... He's the prototype power forward every team dream about... I give away a cocky small unidimensional overpaid player against him anyday of the week.
He's 24, and people on the board say he floats, don't know if it's true. Either way, he'd be a welcome piece but you just don't take young players without a plan. He can demand big dollars or leave as a UFA. I understand building a team around subban, price, eller and so on thats young and perrenial contenders, but careful is all. Cammy has helped our team when it counts, that's hard to replace.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 11:59 PM
HabstuckinTO

This suggestion is an epic fail. Why would St. Louis necessarily be willing to deal for Cammy, and have you seen what Cammy can and does do in the playoffs?

In your own words: "Cammy is our best option to score at forward and he's our best sniper, and once we get in the playoff's he has proven to be even better(Mr. Clutch)."

HabstuckinTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:00 AM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

Trade cammy? Dude....you're high.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:04 AM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
I'd MUCH rather trade Gionta.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Out of our major UFA, Cammy is the last one I would trade. I would certainly think about letting Gomez and Gionta go before him.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:15 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Out of our major UFA, Cammy is the last one I would trade. I would certainly think about letting Gomez and Gionta go before him.
I think that's obvious, but the OP suggested Cammy because he would attract biggest return. Everyone would rather get rid of gomez and gionta.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Gino3176

We should send Gomez to the minors and if he clears waivers then we should leave him there just like the Ranger's are doing with Redden. As for Gionta I would not be opposed to trading him as well but he will not get you a young guy like Stewart where as Cammy should. Remember Cole and Pacioretty are big strong guy's but they don't drop the gloves but Stewart can drop the gloves and does so from time to time. Watch Stewart play then tell me you don't want him on the Habs. Stewart is young and he is going to be great and he is one of the guy's that is considered a workout buff so I doubt he is fat and out of shape. In fact he worksout and trains in the offseason with his brother (Anthony another guy we should try and trade for, he was a hugh Habs fan growing up), and Simmonds with Philly.

Gino3176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:20 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

''We should deal cammy because he's a good playoff performer!!!''

And people complain about Gauthier...

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
We should send Gomez to the minors and if he clears waivers then we should leave him there just like the Ranger's are doing with Redden. As for Gionta I would not be opposed to trading him as well but he will not get you a young guy like Stewart where as Cammy should. Remember Cole and Pacioretty are big strong guy's but they don't drop the gloves but Stewart can drop the gloves and does so from time to time. Watch Stewart play then tell me you don't want him on the Habs. Stewart is young and he is going to be great and he is one of the guy's that is considered a workout buff so I doubt he is fat and out of shape. In fact he worksout and trains in the offseason with his brother (Anthony another guy we should try and trade for, he was a hugh Habs fan growing up), and Simmonds with Philly.
Both Stewart brothers have had conditioning problems...........Chris has spent time in the doghouse throuhout his young career because of uninspired, lazy play. This is also the reason that he was a slow developer as some were ready to write him off as a bust before he broke out in Colorado.

It is possible that he would be a little more inspired in Montreal as he did grow up being a huge Hab fan......but this does not justify trading a proven playoff warrior like Cammalleri. Once you identify proven playoff producers, you keep them and build around them. It is the Kostitsyn types that hibernate during the sping months that should look at trading.

The fact is that neither team would make this trade. Cammalleri has proven to be gold when it counts and Stewart was the main piece that St.Louis got for Johnson. Both organizations have too much invested in each player.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:45 AM
number 11

i would do this trade in a SECOND !

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 01:10 AM
BobbyFischer*

Habs probably do this trade, but...

Cammy is the best playoff scorer on the habs. (and a tremendous presence in the locker room)

If they want to win now, it would be a step backwards to make this trade right now.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:16 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Cammarelli been one of our best players in the playoffs last few years. Doubt the return he fetchs will make up for that.

Stewart is known around the league as being lazy. That is why Colorado traded him

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:24 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
We just spent like 3 weeks on this same topic, and now we are back on it again...

Cammy should not be traded unless he helps us get a top 5 pick in this years draft.

That or a Blue Chip for Cammy and Change.

Point is you don't trade your best and most dangerous forward unless its an unbelievable offer.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:44 AM
neofury*

St. Louis wouldn't trade Stewart straight up for Cammy so imo it's a moot point. It's like saying "let's trade 40g scorer with size for 40g scorer who is small". Who in their right mind would do that?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:47 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'm not going to comment on Stewart but I agree with your line of thought. We should deal vets (like Cammy) who have value for younger players. We aren't good enough to win now but we could be down the road with guys like Subban and Price to build with. Tons of folks are going to rip you for even suggesting it but I agree with you (at least in principle, not specifically on Stewart because I don't know enough about him.)

Good to see other folks here thinking outside the box.
Not that I totally disagree but asking to trade a player for a player that they have no chance of getting in return isn't thinking out of the box. It's like me saying let's trade Gionta for Kulemin. Hey both score 30g but we have too many small guys. Would never work, Leafs would never do that trade.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

29 points in 26 playoff games with us. Almost 1 goal per game in two consecutive rounds, both 7 games.

I understand we have one small forward too many, but if the Habs are any serious about winning the cup, trading Cammy, a known playoff quantity, for Chris Stewart, an unknown playoff quantity, is not the answer.

The answer lies elsewhere. And the need isn't as pressing as it used to be. We have many bigger forwards now, almost all over 200lb, we have Cole (6'2), Pac (6'2), Eller (6'2), AK, (6'0), Nokelainen (6'1), Blunden (6'3), Darche (6'1) and Moen (6'2). That's 8 forwards 6'0+, with only one at that treshold (AK) and he's no pushover by any means. Plex and Gomer are both 5'11.

And then there's Cammy, Gio and DD. Gio is another known playoff quantity. Scored 12 goals in 26 playoff games with us. That's almost 1 each two games.

And a lot of people, myself included, don't want to see DD go, as he has somethings other Quebecers who've recently played here didn't have; commitment and drive. We have a hard time getting any around our own community, it'd be nice if we had one for a change.

If we ever trade, I feel it would be AK, even if he's worth a lot less, still, as a rental, he could fetch something quite good in the youth department. Not sure Habs would do that though. Playoffs are essential for profit and financial viability, so unless they feel they can be as good without him, I don't see it happening, but I still feel it's way more likely than either Gio or Cammy being traded.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote