HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Minnesota - Edmonton - Chicago Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2005, 07:52 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanovski = Norris
Minnesota's problem - Two #1 goalies & lack of servicable defensemen
Two #1 goalies is a problem? We certainly don't have defensive troubles right now, not sure we've ever had 'em. I don't see enough incentive in this for MN at all.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:35 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

So, I'm thinking about this more...This would never happen, why?

Edmonton swaps Mike Peca, Ty Conklin, and Alexei Semenov to Chicago for Nikolai Khabibulin (never happen) and then Chicago swaps Conklin, Semenov, and a 3rd rounder for Fernandez...

That won't happen.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:40 PM
oil slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
So Edmonton dumps an expensive UFA, a goalie now in the AHL and injured plus a defenseman who hasn't lived up to anything and they get a legit #1 goalie back? Oilers make out like bandits...
Are you mad? He signed in Chicago for a reason - no other team - including the Oilers - wanted to pay 6.75 million a year for him. I fail to see why the Oilers would all of a sudden want to spend that much on him now - seeing as he isn't exactly tearing it up, and Jussi is actually playing very well.

Old
11-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Behn Wilson

Hes staying with the Hawks, us Hawk fans are just venting our frustration with his awful play to start the season here. We know he isnt going anywhere.

Maybe last nights win will jumpstart him. Maybe he will get up to a .900 save percentage before year end.

Old
11-08-2005, 06:10 PM
copperaddict

I thought this was one of the better 3-way trades I have seen in a long time.Most it doesn't even take a second to realize that 2 of the teams get burned for the guys favourite.Edmonton has a lot bigger problems than goaltending right now.They need a real #1 centerman that the other team has to worry about and defend.MacT's pet project isn't even ranked in the top 50 and couldn't make a number of teams top 3 lines.

Old
11-08-2005, 07:22 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

noone is going to eat Khabi's bullin wall contract. Hawks are stuck with this goon forever. He is going to be like the Phantom of the Opera and haunt the United Center forever with his bloated contract and beach volleyball on ice skills.

Bring back Rey LeBlanc!

Old
11-08-2005, 07:34 PM
StellaArtois881199
Bring Back #94

Do keep in mind that Peca is here only for this year at his current salary. No way he is an Oiler next year unless he agrees on about the range 2-2.5 mil. That alone would free up about 2 million to go and sign or trade up.

I think let Peca play this year out, don;t resign him, as we do have Reasoner, Stoll, Horcoff, Shremp, MAP all in the mix. Thats now 4 million to be spent on a quality sniper. Or Goalie, or a Wade Redden type player.

Closed Thread