HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/29/11 - 7:00PM EDT - Winnipeg vs Tampa Bay

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 50
He played great. Tough game but great win.

Old
10-30-2011, 01:19 AM
Ten88Nineteen

vCash: 500
Roloson needs to wear that mask for the rest of the season.

No, not because of superstition... because it looks damn smooth.

Old
10-30-2011, 03:19 AM
TBLbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten88Nineteen View Post
Roloson needs to wear that mask for the rest of the season.

No, not because of superstition... because it looks damn smooth.

agreed. I love last year's Thor one more than any others, prob more than any other Lightning goalie one i've ever seen. This year Thor is too busy and cartoonish

Old
10-30-2011, 05:24 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
This shows what a great character Roloson is, played badly a few games and didn't get to play but kept working hard and then when he got the chance again he stepped up big time and had an amazing game

10-30-2011, 08:51 AM
LateNightOilerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
This shows what a great character Roloson is, played badly a few games and didn't get to play but kept working hard and then when he got the chance again he stepped up big time and had an amazing game
It's something anyone who's followed him for years keeps seeing. He has an incredible resolve to get back to the basics when he's struggling and get his game back. This was the Roli the Lightning re-signed. Hopefully he keeps playing this way and Garon keeps playing well. Probably one of the keys to success is for neither guy to get more than 3 games in a row during the regular season.

Old
10-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Shannon needs to stop trying to make the big play.

I think the scratches got him worried about his spot, and so he was trying to overdo it last night.

It ends up being a problem when he's doing drop passes to people he's never spoken to before. It's like a surprise trust fall.

There will come a point where it's just a lack of chemistry, and not a 'lack of understanding the system'. I don't know when that will be though. I'm only watching from the stands, or on tv.

Pavelec did have a number of interesting reactions early in the game, as after nearly every good opportunity, he was looking back at the net, or dropping his guard as if it had gone in.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 10-30-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old
10-30-2011, 02:32 PM
HockeyTownUSA

Jets commentators said Shannon had a good outing. I thought he played well both ends of the ice and was always in position.

Old
10-30-2011, 05:40 PM
shello
@WShello9

This might be impossible but does anyone have a link to it or a video to the 1st (maybe it was the 2nd) intermission video of the hockey fights cancer? When they gave the big check out? I was sitting right behind them (I was on the jumpo tron), and would like to see the video or download it.

Old
10-30-2011, 08:42 PM
daboltz
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten88Nineteen View Post
Roloson needs to wear that mask for the rest of the season. No, not because of superstition... because it looks damn smooth.
NOT superstitious? uhhh, okay. But honestly I was a little against him loosing the Ranger helmet in the beginning... not for superstition.... okay, yeah, totally for superstition. Hell, if I'm at the game and we're playing good I won't even adjust my hat

Now for the important thing, who the heck is wrapping our sticks with Teflon tape in the 3rd period? I mean seriously, we couldn't keep the puck on our sticks to save our lives. Couldn't hardly put two passes today. Have seen that in a couple games now. When we can't seem to handle the basics, like "passing", then we get worried in the stands.

Oh yeah, the tesla coils rock!

Old
10-30-2011, 11:18 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyTownUSA View Post
Jets commentators said Shannon had a good outing. I thought he played well both ends of the ice and was always in position.
Lol no not even close. I actually took notice of him being out of position and making bad decisions with the puck numerous times. Not to mention he has a chance to pass and waits a bit too long and then tries to pass and it goes nowhere.

His speed is great and work ethic is there but he has a lot of improving to do. And this is coming from a guy who loves his signing.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:43 AM
newham89

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Lol no not even close. I actually took notice of him being out of position and making bad decisions with the puck numerous times. Not to mention he has a chance to pass and waits a bit too long and then tries to pass and it goes nowhere.

His speed is great and work ethic is there but he has a lot of improving to do. And this is coming from a guy who loves his signing.
I agree with this. He looks nervous out there and squandered a good few chances out there.

On a side note, the only two games ill be able to go to this year and we get a shut out in both! Anyone want to start a collection to keep me here longer? I'm good luck!

Old
10-31-2011, 08:06 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Shannon needs to stop trying to make the big play.

I think the scratches got him worried about his spot, and so he was trying to overdo it last night.

It ends up being a problem when he's doing drop passes to people he's never spoken to before. It's like a surprise trust fall.

There will come a point where it's just a lack of chemistry, and not a 'lack of understanding the system'. I don't know when that will be though. I'm only watching from the stands, or on tv.

Pavelec did have a number of interesting reactions early in the game, as after nearly every good opportunity, he was looking back at the net, or dropping his guard as if it had gone in.
Yep. Shannon had his best game yet but you can see a few things keeping him from being a nightly player here like not going to the corner for a few pucks, trying to get too fancy. Its frustrating because he does a couple things so, so well. He makes a ton of space for himself and drives to the net, but doesn't always get on the wall to dig out a puck. He'll learn.

Old
10-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I smelt the telsa coil gas again after Vinny's goal. They really let the thing go when that happened, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

It must a much lighter smell and for a much briefer period of time however.

Taking the circle thing off and just having an arc is so much more impressive than what it initially was. More Zeus' rage, less Halloweenie.

Old
10-31-2011, 07:57 PM
MrMcGz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I smelt the telsa coil gas again after Vinny's goal. They really let the thing go when that happened, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

It must a much lighter smell and for a much briefer period of time however.

Taking the circle thing off and just having an arc is so much more impressive than what it initially was. More Zeus' rage, less Halloweenie.
Anyone with video of the coils from Saturday? I want them to play a whole goal scoring song with em!

Old
11-01-2011, 05:09 AM
LightningStrikes

Not too impressive with the lights on but you can see the bar instead of the loop.

Here's two more, the last one is filmed from right below the coil, I think:

Closed Thread