HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Switch Martin and Rolston

Old
10-31-2011, 03:11 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by *********** View Post
Who said meaningless? I like PA's game right now.
too many do, so I'm not picking you out.

But we need four lines working, not at the cost of the only one line that is. Switch 2-4 up and get two working first.....in time a GOOD GM will see if it works or if a trade is needed.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:51 AM
camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
You have to make a move for Nino somehow. I don't think it will happen but Martin to the Bridge is the only way you can make room for Nino without sitting another guy up in the pressbox.
No way Ren, this would be taking a big team step backwards
The developement of Martin will and is as important to this teams future as any player, maybe more. Remember as a rook this guy had no fear/fought/hit/played in the tough areas others won't go. When given a job did it,this yr. being given new jobs /doing them. This is a total package player with many tools to play many roles. His offensive side is there It will be shown more and more as the team plays more of a Bos/Philly style of hockey, on any of the two teams mentioned his offensive output flourishes. Style of the game dictates how Martin type players offensive side surfaces,thats why he makes shat happen on the p.p. he is a get in your face impact player, the whole team does not play this game, rather a perimiter style.
Martin is tough/and by tough I mean willing to do what it takes/in all catagorys of the game There's only a few in the league and the Isles may have the toughest/meanest S.O.B. Stay tuned. Theres more Matt Martin to come for a long time

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 01:36 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper View Post
No way Ren, this would be taking a big team step backwards
The developement of Martin will and is as important to this teams future as any player, maybe more. Remember as a rook this guy had no fear/fought/hit/played in the tough areas others won't go. When given a job did it,this yr. being given new jobs /doing them. This is a total package player with many tools to play many roles. His offensive side is there It will be shown more and more as the team plays more of a Bos/Philly style of hockey, on any of the two teams mentioned his offensive output flourishes. Style of the game dictates how Martin type players offensive side surfaces,thats why he makes shat happen on the p.p. he is a get in your face impact player, the whole team does not play this game, rather a perimiter style.
Martin is tough/and by tough I mean willing to do what it takes/in all catagorys of the game There's only a few in the league and the Isles may have the toughest/meanest S.O.B. Stay tuned. Theres more Matt Martin to come for a long time
Amen! Nino has to:

Get a shot at the lineup
Prove himself in the lineup
Prove he's better than someone currently in the lineup
Keep that job in the lineup

You don't throw someone he could be better than out of the lineup. Gillies is out. Next up? Nino auditions in Gillies spot and can quickly take someone else's. He AIN'T taking Martin's spot.....not yet. I wanna see him punish opponents and chip in some solid forechecking. Even then, I want Martin in, so he has to take Rolston's spot or Reasoner or Bailey or Okposo or whoever needs a seat to learn they're not playing up to snuff.

That said, I want him in Thursday.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:45 PM
camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Amen! Nino has to:

Get a shot at the lineup
Prove himself in the lineup
Prove he's better than someone currently in the lineup
Keep that job in the lineup

You don't throw someone he could be better than out of the lineup. Gillies is out. Next up? Nino auditions in Gillies spot and can quickly take someone else's. He AIN'T taking Martin's spot.....not yet. I wanna see him punish opponents and chip in some solid forechecking. Even then, I want Martin in, so he has to take Rolston's spot or Reasoner or Bailey or Okposo or whoever needs a seat to learn they're not playing up to snuff.

That said, I want him in Thursday.
He or no one else will take Marty's spot . Martin is capable of playing on all lines. How may players can you say that about And yes Martin can play the 4th line and do the dirty/muscle work, How many guys in the top 9 can do that
Martin is special

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:44 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper View Post
He or no one else will take Marty's spot . Martin is capable of playing on all lines. How may players can you say that about And yes Martin can play the 4th line and do the dirty/muscle work, How many guys in the top 9 can do that
Martin is special
Somebody gets it. Up front, outside of JT, Martin is the most important player in our current lineup. No one else provides physical support and Martin does have some skill.
It is imperative that he begins to play with linemates that have some offensive capabilities so that he can reach the next level. His development is being stalled by playing with Pandolfo. He should skate with KO and Bails and hope his intensity rubs off on them and he improves his shooting and passing. Against physical teams he cnanges places with Moulson.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:01 PM
number72

Rolston will be given every reasonable opportunity to put of offensive numbers so he can be dealt at the trade deadline. His big salary was acquired along with a draft pick so we could dump the injured Trent Hutner on jersey. Islanders dumped a moderate contract of player not able to play competitively after his injury to NJ that bought him out in exchange for a draft pick and Rolston insane cap eating contract. Rolston is not part of the future.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote