HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus / Florida Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2005, 03:24 PM
silver_made*

vCash: 500
Columbus / Florida Proposal

to Columbus: Lukas Krajicek

to Florida: David Vyborny

*Columbus reduces salary and gains a quality nhl ready dman prospect, which are next to non-existant in the blue jackets' organization.

*Florida gains an offensive-oriented player, with 1st/2nd line quality.

Old
11-07-2005, 03:39 PM
CBJFan in Cincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_made
to Columbus: Lukas Krajicek

to Florida: David Vyborny

*Columbus reduces salary and gains a quality nhl ready dman prospect, which are next to non-existant in the blue jackets' organization.
*Florida gains an offensive-oriented player, with 1st/2nd line quality.
As our goal scorers this year, so we will give you one of our only legit goal scorers for a d-men prospect. We have some good defensemen prospects in juniors (McQuaid, Reinhart, Russell, and Wharton)that should be ready in a couple of years when Berard and Foote contracts would expire.

Now if you could trade us Jokinen for somebody, we might talk.

Old
11-07-2005, 03:46 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Why do we need to reduce salary again? Honestly, I think this trade would cost Doug MacLean his job.

Old
11-07-2005, 08:03 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

If Columbus is looking to trade for prospects, it'll be at the deadline.

Any trades now would be done with the intent to improve the team NOW. This trade doesn't come close to doing that. It takes offense from a team that needs it and replaces it with a talented player, but one who isn't needed at this time.

Old
11-07-2005, 08:12 PM
PantherBlood6*

Horrendous deal for the Panthers. Krajicek has been one of our best and most consistent defensmen all season -- offensively and defensively -- and hes only 22 years old. I'm a big Vyborny fan, but he's an average 2nd line player and UFA after this year...

Huge no thanks from Florida.

Old
11-08-2005, 12:17 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF37
Horrendous deal for the Panthers. Krajicek has been one of our best and most consistent defensmen all season -- offensively and defensively -- and hes only 22 years old. I'm a big Vyborny fan, but he's an average 2nd line player and UFA after this year...

Huge no thanks from Florida.
Again, as on the Pitt-Florida post, I agree. I don't want this deal done either. Krajicek has been fantastic the past few years in AHL (after recovering from injuries), and he's show nothing but solid play so far this year. One of the few things Florida has going is it's defense. I wouldn't trade either Mezei or Krajicek to solve our scoring problem.

Old
11-08-2005, 12:21 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Another example of the vast underrating of David Vyborny around the NHL. This guy will get you 20-25 goals and 50-60 points every year. And he's currently one of the only Blue Jackets who actually scores goals.

A BIG no thanks from the Columbus side.

Old
11-08-2005, 07:07 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Taken in a vaccum, I don't think the trade is that bad. I think Krajicek is talented, big and would bring more youth and depth to the blueline -- all things that help the organization in the long run.

At the deadline, I'd be happy with this return for Vyborny, especially considering Vybes is on the verge of free agency, I believe.

But there is no way this trade happens now. Vybes is a fan favorite and one of the only Jackets with offensive abilities.

Closed Thread