HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nyquist called up.

Old
11-01-2011, 04:52 AM
DoMakc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Hudler's name appears 21 times on this page alone.

Wait, 22.

We now bring you back to the Hudler Forum. All Hudler, all the time.

This thread deserves Quincey tag.

DoMakc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Dechaineux

Great move, Red Wings. Definitely deserved and will hopefully provide enough of a shake up and a spark to get us going offensively again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussha View Post
The lines I'd love to see for tomorrow's game

Flip Datsyuk Nyquist

Franzen Zetterberg Cleary (ideally but maybe not in his current injured state)
or

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen
Filppula - Datsyuk - Cleary
Would love to see either of those sets of lines, although I imagine a line of Franzen/Zetterberg/Cleary would be a bit on the slow side?

Nyquist/Zetterberg/Franzen does a whole lot for me, especially considering the chemistry Nyquist seemed to have with Mule in pre-season.

Dechaineux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

If he scores tonight this place will erupt.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:23 AM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Cleary's really good when he's on, but it's clear that he's not on right now. Injured, whatever. It's not happening for him.

The other examples you mentioned weren't really like this one. Flip should never have been sent to the minors anyway - he "lost out" to worthless Brad Norton and had a wrist injury that gave them the excuse, and it only took a couple weeks for the wrist to heal and for the coaches to figure out they made a mistake there.
IMO you're changing history to fit your own preconceptions, but whatever. You're going to think what you want and no amount of anything to the contrary happening is going to ever change your mind an iota.

Quote:
In no other recent example do we have a guy that is really talented getting called up at the expense of another roster player, getting playing time over multiple healthy veteran players already on the roster (I'm assuming he'll play at the expense of Miller or Eaves, and Emmerton is already glued to the bench), purely for the purposes of jump-starting the team.
Could that be because, as I said, the Wings haven't had a plethora of 'really talented' prospects in the first place?

You seem to be blaming the Wings not calling up loads of kids on the organization simply being anti-kid, rather than those kids actually not being good enough to even merit such consideration.

I mean, should Detroit have rushed Abdelkader up? Ericsson? Kindl? Helm? Ritola? Ferraro? Nestrasil? Anderson? Emmerton? Have we seen anything from any of those guys or any other prospect in the whole system that suggests they were players Detroit just had to have up on the roster ASAP?

Of course not. That's silly.

Quote:
I don't think Nyquist is ready to be an impact player 9 games into his pro career, but I'll be interested to see the results.
This might just be intended as a short-term kick in the butt to all the guys on the roster to get them to pick up the pace. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

The guy who has to be smashing his face into a wall right now is Mursak. You want to talk about a wide, gaping opportunity to get a good look in the top 6, this is about as big as it can get... and he's hurt.

But yeah, I don't see why Detroit would start the clock on Nyquist's exemption status unless he demonstrates he's a significant upgrade over what's on the roster right now. If he's similar or even just slightly better, it makes more sense to keep that window open.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Filppula broke his finger and missed the last part of the pre-season/training camp. I don't think he played more than one or two games in the AHL before being called up.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
If he scores tonight this place will erupt.
It will also erupt if he's scratched. Ha, the virtual riot would be catastrophic to the community.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

DetroitRedWings Detroit Red Wings
Commodore, Emmerton and Hudler are your scratches. Nyquist will play on a line with Bertuzzi and Franzen.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Ricelund
We like our team.

…and it's official. Commodore, Emmerton, and Hudler are scratched. Nyquist is playing with Franzen and Bertuzzi to start.

https://twitter.com/detroitredwings/...87693803388929

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
…and it's official. Commodore, Emmerton, and Hudler are scratched. Nyquist is playing with Franzen and Bertuzzi to start.

https://twitter.com/detroitredwings/...87693803388929
I wonder what that means...

Datsyuk - Z - Cleary
Nyquist - Franzen - Bertuzzi
Holmstrom - Filppula - Eaves
Abdelkdaer - Helm - Miller

Old
11-01-2011, 10:19 AM
HeHateMeFrisbee

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to HeHateMeFrisbee Send a message via Yahoo to HeHateMeFrisbee
Nyquist with the two biggest players. I like it. Give the kid some protection and let him skate around while Bert goes to the net. This also makes Franzen have to skate instead of parking his butt at the net.

HeHateMeFrisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Jussha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I wonder what that means...

Datsyuk - Z - Cleary
Nyquist - Franzen - Bertuzzi
Abdelkdaer - Helm - Miller
I'm hoping for something a bit shocking today and to see a first line of

Datsyuk Z Filppula

with Helm centering line 3 still and Gator line 4

Usually I like Cleary with D and Z but his play so far this season has been uninspiring, even if he is hurt, I think Dats needs some speed on his line and both Cleary and Z have seemed quite slow to start this season

Jussha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:08 AM
zecke26

Quote:
great, fil would be in front of the opponent's goalie before homer even started the rush in the own zone.
that line would be hilarious.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:20 AM
zecke26

Here are tonight's lines:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Nyquist-Franzen-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Filppula-Abdelkader
Miller-Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Kindl
Ericsson-Stuart

Howard (starting)
Conklin

i like it. there's no 4th line IMO, but a good balance.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Xvash2

I still think its completely ****ing stupid that we're playing an injured Cleary over a healthy Hudler that has more points on the season than Bertuzzi, Zetterberg, Helm, Cleary....

Xvash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Kyleftlx
twitter*****/kyle_ftl

Send a message via MSN to Kyleftlx
Detroit was "forced" to call up Nyquist because he has been tearing up the AHL in his first ever pro season. Tatar is in his third pro season, and he hasn't been nearly as effective in Grand Rapids as Nyquist has.

Nyquist is just on another level, and Detroit thought they would give him the chance to play top line minutes there because they couldn't justify putting him into Detroit's top 6 due to their organizational philosophy. Now, fast forward to November, and the OG top 6 (Datsyuk, Z, Cleary, Franzen, Filppula, Hudler/Bertuzzi) can't bring it like they thought they would, and they have Hudler who hasn't even taken a shot in 4 games sitting in the press box... so they finally have an opening for Nyquist in the D.

Detroit wasn't sure what Nyquist would bring to the club, and by sending him to Grand Rapids they got a feel for just how good his skill set is. Hopefully Babcock doesn't end up moving him down to the 4th linem making him do absolutely nothing... similar to Mursak.

Kyleftlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvash2 View Post
I still think its completely ****ing stupid that we're playing an injured Cleary over a healthy Hudler that has more points on the season than Bertuzzi, Zetterberg, Helm, Cleary....
From what they've said, sitting Cleary will do no good as his injury will heal at the same rate whether he's playing or not.

But sitting Hudler is a necessity at this point, he's been the worst forward over the past 5 games.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Commodore, Emmerton and Hudler are your scratches. Nyquist will play on a line with Bertuzzi and Franzen.
As someone else mentioned, Mule and Nyquist had chemistry during the pre-season so this makes some sense. Mule will likely center as he took all the faceoffs when Nyquist was on his line.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post

Nyquist-Franzen-Bertuzzi
Miller-Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Kindl
Ericsson-Stuart

Howard (starting)
Conklin

Not bad. I don't like Homer on the top line but if it helps get Z and Pavs back on track then that's just fine. The third line is interesting, I really have no idea how those guys will do together. Changing things up is definitely required though after the past 4 stinkers so hopefully this helps get them back on track.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:58 AM
pdd

Quote:

Yep. Scratch Hudler because the team as a whole has scored four goals in the past four games while giving up 16 goals (15 plus an empty netter). Clearly it's because Hudler didn't produce enough, and not because Conklin **** the bed or because the entire team failed to produce any offensive results. Datsyuk came up with no goals and three assists over the span. He received an assist on Zetterberg's goal against San Jose, despite having not touched the puck for probably three or four minutes.

If Babcock seriously thinks that scratching an offensively talented player on a team that has been having scoring issues is going to HELP, he needs to be given a head shake.

Miller or Eaves should be out of the lineup, not Hudler.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:59 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post

Yep. Scratch Hudler because the team as a whole has scored four goals in the past four games while giving up 16 goals (15 plus an empty netter). Clearly it's because Hudler didn't produce enough, and not because Conklin **** the bed or because the entire team failed to produce any offensive results. Datsyuk came up with no goals and three assists over the span. He received an assist on Zetterberg's goal against San Jose, despite having not touched the puck for probably three or four minutes.

If Babcock seriously thinks that scratching an offensively talented player on a team that has been having scoring issues is going to HELP, he needs to be given a head shake.

Miller or Eaves should be out of the lineup, not Hudler.
Hudler has 0(zero) shots in 4 games.....................

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:17 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post

Nyquist-Franzen-Bertuzzi
Miller-Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Kindl
Ericsson-Stuart

Howard (starting)
Conklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvash2 View Post
I agree he has had a better start then all of these guys when putting up points

Quote:
From what they've said, sitting Cleary will do no good as his injury will heal at the same rate whether he's playing or not.

But sitting Hudler is a necessity at this point, he's been the worst forward over the past 5 games.
So Hudler putting up more points in the 9 games is worse then Cleary. Cleary has been on the top lines the entire time. When ever Detroit has been down they move Hudler off one of the top lines and replace him pretty much every game. For a player who is known to be one dimensional and only plays offense it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep him on the bench when you need to score.

I don't think Cleary should be scratched but if your going to use the argument that Hudler just isn't producing the same has to be said for the rest of the team in the last 5 games or so.

This is becoming typical Babcock who I used to have complete trust in but I'm starting to question. Any time his guys aren't producing if Hudler stops at the same time the shake up is sitting Hudler. Why couldn't something like this work.

Nyquist-Franzen-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Filppula-Hudler
Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Easy we sit Miller who doesn't bring anything that Helm, Abdelkader and Eaves can't cover.

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Kindl
Ericsson-Stuart

I like the mix up on the D lines. I think Kindl has been one of the better D-men so far although it's been in more of a sheltered role.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:18 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Filppula - Datsyuk - Cleary
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen (Swedish line)
Eaves - Helm - Bertuzzi
Miller- Abdelkader - Mursak

Lidstrom - Kronwall
Stuart - White
Kindl - Ericsson

When everyone is healty..

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Hudler has played worse than Cleary has in the past 5 games, he has 1 shot(?). I'm not hiding the fact that Cleary has been terrible, but Hudler has been worse. The first 4 games are irrelevant at this point.

Old
11-01-2011, 12:20 PM
crashman

vCash: 1376
Quote:

Has Hudler really been that bad?

I haven't been watching the last few games very closely because the team just hasn't looked like the Red Wings, so I lose interest pretty quickly. But when I was watching Hudler didn't seem especially terrible, even from the perspective of this certified Hudler detractor. Bertuzzi, Cleary and Zetterberg (in that order) have been way more disappointing, but maybe that's because I don't expect anything from Hudler anymore.

I'm going to the game tonight so I'll be looking at the team under a microscope. Hopefully Nyquist helps them break out of this funk.

Edit:

Quote:
Hudler has played worse than Cleary has in the past 5 games, he has 1 shot(?). I'm not hiding the fact that Cleary has been terrible, but Hudler has been worse. The first 4 games are irrelevant at this point.
woah, whoa, whoa...

1 shot in 5 games? Never mind answering my question, that's pathetic. I don't care what his TOI was or who his line-mates were, he's on this team to make plays and score goals. He needs to go asap...bag of pucks, I don't give ****.

Last edited by crashman: 11-01-2011 at 12:26 PM.
crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:20 PM
lilja4mvp

LOVE the hudler benching. great stuff. let's hope it lasts!

lilja4mvp is offline   Reply With Quote