HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Price first star of the week!

Old
10-31-2011, 06:02 PM
crazybird87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
I think his defense bailed him out a fair amount of times during those 3 games and the fact the offense scored a combined 11 goals over those 3 games also means something.
I didn't said thoses 3 wins weren't deserved ...but Price is still accountable for too much of our win...

crazybird87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:14 PM
rumple03

Quote:
I think his defense bailed him out a fair amount of times during those 3 games and the fact the offense scored a combined 11 goals over those 3 games also means something.
No single player is responsible for a win or a loss in a team sport. It's very easy to sit back and point out mistakes and say "we would have won if..." or "we won because..." but the reality is goals are usually the end result of several mistakes, misplaces or poor decision making by one or more players.

I see too many comments, for any sport and all fan bases, but especially the Habs fans, that like to think the result of a loss or a win can be pinned down to one or a few players.

You win and lose as a team.

rumple03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:15 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybird87 View Post
I didn't said thoses 3 wins weren't deserved ...but Price is still accountable for too much of our win...
So i guess then people should stop saying that Thomas won the cup for the Bruins last year. Because who would want a cup right ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:41 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
I follow quite a few teams as well, but the Habs are the only team I would say "we" for.

I'll never understand how you can be a fan of more than one team, especially in the same conference and division.
It's like having two girlfriends but neither know about it.
You only get in trouble if you are found out

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Wonder how the Halak lovers are feeling these days!
Exactly my thought.

I'd love it if someone can dig up all those old threads to list all the brilliant people who called for trading away Price and keeping Halak instead.

And if opportunity presents itself, we should remind the RDS crew and RDS commenters how they were dead wrong as well.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 07:30 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Exactly my thought.

I'd love it if someone can dig up all those old threads to list all the brilliant people who called for trading away Price and keeping Halak instead.

And if opportunity presents itself, we should remind the RDS crew and RDS commenters how they were dead wrong as well.
easy to laugh at in insight... but Halak did something no other goalie could in the last 17 years...

and if anything, there's no guarantees Price will bring us close to that in the next 10 years, even though he's very talented...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 09:05 PM
crazybird87

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
So i guess then people should stop saying that Thomas won the cup for the Bruins last year. Because who would want a cup right ?
The only thing I want to say , is that Thomas didn't win it by himself , he was a good goalie during the playoff but he didn't stand on his
head.

My point is , and I might be wrong , but I don't believe we can win a cup with this team , without having Price stand on his head !

Last edited by crazybird87: 10-31-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old
10-31-2011, 09:27 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Before Halak was traded away, the Flyers were really high on Price and much less on Halak. Now Carey Price is perhaps hated even more than Subban in Philly.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
The only thing I want to say , is that Thomas didn't win it by himself , he was a good goalie during the playoff but he didn't stand on his
head.

My point is , and I might be wrong , but I don't believe we can win a cup with this team , without having Price stand on his head !
What? Tim Thomas had a historical season and playoff. 0.940 Sv% and 1.98 GAA in the playoffs alone.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Aeneas

Quote:
nope not Conboy...
its probably fitzgerald, everyone is pretty scared to fight him.

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:32 PM
habtastic

Raphael Diaz

SA: 1
GAA:0.00
SV%:1.00

But yeah. This Carey Price business doesn't surprise me in the least. He's a rock. I hope people remember this as the season goes on. We will have more slumps. Carey will always eventually return to solid, calm, dependable hockey. Anyone have a vid of the save he made on (Peverly?) the breakaway that was huge given the score?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:33 PM
SB164

Quote:
You've gotta be good to be lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Before Halak was traded away, the Flyers were really high on Price and much less on Halak. Now Carey Price is perhaps hated even more than Subban in Philly.
I doubt a goalie can ever be hated by an opposing team as much as a guy like PK. Even many Bruins fans have a grudging respect for Price.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:34 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
What? Tim Thomas had a historical season and playoff. 0.940 Sv% and 1.98 GAA in the playoffs alone.
To put that in context, during his playoff run Halak posted a .923 save percentage. He had some stretches of brilliance but they weren't nearly so sustained as Thomas's playoffs.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Say what you will, IMO Thomas was outplayed by Price in the first round.
He won the round, but it certainly not on his back (not entirely anyways).

Not saying he didnt play well, just that Price played better.

Therego, I do believe the guy DOES in fact have a point.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
To put that in context, during his playoff run Halak posted a .923 save percentage. He had some stretches of brilliance but they weren't nearly so sustained as Thomas's playoffs.
And that includes him fizzing out against Philly, cause he crashed and burned in that ECF round.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 06:50 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
head.
OK this is where the discussion ends sorry. We have to agree to disagree.

Old
11-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
This is disengenious.

When we were losing it was not Price's fault it was largely the lacking defence.
Now that Habs are winning it is 100% because of Price's regardless of our defence.
Price getting the first star != winning completely because of price.

Budjac wouldnt have won though the bum couldnt even beat florida, the team did their job scoring a single goal but he couldnt win.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I doubt a goalie can ever be hated by an opposing team as much as a guy like PK. Even many Bruins fans have a grudging respect for Price.
The main reason as to why the Flyers hate Price is because they failed to get him before Halak was traded away. To be honest, there are those Flyers fans who have a grudging respect for Price. But a goalie, however good he could be, isn't likely to have a chorus of boos coming his way, unlike, say, a #1 D-man.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

People in Philly hate their own city, team and fans, I wouldn't worry much being hated by Philly fans if I was a pro athlete

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:22 AM
crazybird87

Quote:
OK this is where the discussion ends sorry. We have to agree to disagree.
It's your opinion , but against MTL , he was not the best goalie. ! Against Tampa , some ups and downs ... giving 5 goals or more in 4 of the 7 games.....

Again , to value my point , when is the last time we won a playoff matchup without having a goalie who stands on his head !

Old
11-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Habsfanatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
You've gotta be good to be lucky

How could the Bruins fans not have alittle respect for a guy who has dominated their team in his career?

15-4-1 is Price's record against Boston in his career, pretty freakin impressive I'd say lol

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:38 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
People in Philly hate their own city, team and fans, I wouldn't worry much being hated by Philly fans if I was a pro athlete
According to a thread that recently surfaced on the Bruins forum so do we.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:25 AM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Price getting the first star != winning completely because of price.

Budjac wouldnt have won though the bum couldnt even beat florida, the team did their job scoring a single goal but he couldnt win.
Oh I see.
When the habs were losing it was because of poor habs defence obscuring Price's great effort.
Now that the habs are winning it is because of Price and nothing to defence.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:29 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfanatical View Post
How could the Bruins fans not have alittle respect for a guy who has dominated their team in his career?

15-4-1 is Price's record against Boston in his career, pretty freakin impressive I'd say lol
Too bad your excluding playoff games in that tally.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:30 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Oh I see.
When OUR habs were losing it was because of poor habs defence obscuring Price's great effort.
Now that the habs are winning it is because of Price and nothing to OUR defence.
Here you go, just to make it more valid !

The Habs are winning because the team is playing better. Better than your Bruins.