HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammy

Old
11-01-2011, 07:56 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 500
If anything, I'd try and trade #21 before #13. Failing on too many occasions this year... Disappointed with his play so far, but I believe it will turn around eventually.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:59 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
If anything, I'd try and trade #21 before #13. Failing on too many occasions this year... Disappointed with his play so far, but I believe it will turn around eventually.
I'd trade 21 and 75 and 6 and 91(**** off he's not #11). Leadership smeadership. None of these guys make our club better except Gionta, and he'll quickly going to drop down the depth chart in the next few years and he won't make a good fourth liner, so all he'll do is delay Gallagher and Kristo and maybe Palushaj from getting into the lineup in meaningful roles.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:06 AM
otto bond

I could thing of a few other small players we could trade. Unless it's anything but an overpaiement, Cammillari should stay.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:14 AM
gillyguzzler

Cammy for Stewart? I'd do that trade in a second... and I'd even throw in Gomez!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:23 AM
coolasprICE

St. Louis doesn't do this in a billion years

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:26 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I'd trade 21 and 75 and 6 and 91(**** off he's not #11). Leadership smeadership. None of these guys make our club better except Gionta, and he'll quickly going to drop down the depth chart in the next few years and he won't make a good fourth liner, so all he'll do is delay Gallagher and Kristo and maybe Palushaj from getting into the lineup in meaningful roles.
LOL! Spent a minute trying to figure out what the hell you meant by 91. Then it clicked.

If we're in a playoff spot come trade deadline, I don't see us trading neither Gill nor Spacek. Even though Gill has made some pretty pathetic mistakes this year, I believe his contribution off ice is worth more than what his mistakes cost us. And Spacek is surprisingly very solid out there. One more year, and they're off our salary chart.

I won't talk about your #91 lol!

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:38 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino3176 View Post
I think the Habs should deal Cammy> Not because he is no good or not performing but just the opposite. Cammy is our best option to score at forward and he's our best sniper, and once we get in the playoff's he has proven to be even better(Mr. Clutch). So why trade him?
Cammy has alot of value and other team's will have alot of interest. Cammy like alot of Hab forward is alittle on the small side and we have alot of these small guy's. So I think on order to increase the size of our top 6 forwards someone has to be sacrafised and Cammy has more value them any other guy but Plekanec and he as to be retained. So trading Cammy may be the best option.
My proposal would be trading Cammy to the Blues in return for Chris Stewart. Stewart has alot of size and toughness and he is a very good young player. He's already scored 30 in a season and he is capably of doing it again. Stewart is a young power forward the Habs have been lacking for awhile. Imagine Stewart, pacioretty and Cole all in our top 6. Stewart is younger and has alot of potential thus I feel that he is a good option and it will take something big of our current roster to get him. That's why I suggest Cammy, there is a few years difference in there ages and with Cammy being a proven player in the regular season and a monster in the playoff's that is why the two players match up trade wise pretty evenly. What do you guy's think. The Blues have some guy's on the team that can make up for the toughness that Stewart brought and thus hide Cammy's size and lack of toughness where as with the Habs it is expossed due to lack of toughness on the current roster.
Please show me when he has scored 30 goals in a season. He has two 28 goal seasons. With Cammy we know he'll at least get 28 goals per season and then he'll go a point-per-game in the playoffs. Stewart hardly has any playoff experience (6 games) so we don't how he'll react.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:09 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
LOL! Spent a minute trying to figure out what the hell you meant by 91. Then it clicked.

If we're in a playoff spot come trade deadline, I don't see us trading neither Gill nor Spacek. Even though Gill has made some pretty pathetic mistakes this year, I believe his contribution off ice is worth more than what his mistakes cost us. And Spacek is surprisingly very solid out there. One more year, and they're off our salary chart.

I won't talk about your #91 lol!
Gill will be the real Hal Gill come April, that I at least know without much doubt.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:10 AM
MM425

Why would we want to trade our best playoff performer since Roy?

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:17 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Please show me when he has scored 30 goals in a season. He has two 28 goal seasons. With Cammy we know he'll at least get 28 goals per season and then he'll go a point-per-game in the playoffs. Stewart hardly has any playoff experience (6 games) so we don't how he'll react.
Anytime he hasn't been injured he's put up 30+

Don't see why you even try to argue against that.

26g in 65g is bad?
19g in 67g is bad? (Not great but he's streaky, in those 15 games he could've had like 10g and if he stayed healthy he wouldn't have had rust to shake off)

He's slow to come back from injuries sure... but come on.

Bottom line is when the guy gets 82 games he puts up ~40 goals. How people try to discredit the guy based on injuries even considering his performance in the playoffs is quite alarming. Shows a lot of people just look at hockeydb.com say "derp dee derp" and are quite reactionary.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Anytime he hasn't been injured he's put up 30+

Don't see why you even try to argue against that.

26g in 65g is bad?
19g in 67g is bad? (Not great but he's streaky, in those 15 games he could've had like 10g and if he stayed healthy he wouldn't have had rust to shake off)

He's slow to come back from injuries sure... but come on.

Bottom line is when the guy gets 82 games he puts up ~40 goals. How people try to discredit the guy based on injuries even considering his performance in the playoffs is quite alarming. Shows a lot of people just look at hockeydb.com say "derp dee derp" and are quite reactionary.
Dude, he was talking of Stewart...

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
Why would we want to trade our best playoff performer since Roy?
Because people here like to "trade" anyone and everyone.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Uber Coca

Ridiculous.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'm not going to comment on Stewart but I agree with your line of thought. We should deal vets (like Cammy) who have value for younger players. We aren't good enough to win now but we could be down the road with guys like Subban and Price to build with. Tons of folks are going to rip you for even suggesting it but I agree with you (at least in principle, not specifically on Stewart because I don't know enough about him.)

Good to see other folks here thinking outside the box.
And the tank master is back. You have ZERO confidence in this team..How come your here when all you do is say "trade our vets we are not good enough" trade trade trade.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:27 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Cammy for Stewart? I'd do that trade in a second... and I'd even throw in Gomez!
way too generous

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destoker View Post
You guys are kidding right? Here's a guy who'll score, fight like a madmen, release the fury in the corners while having all the potential in the world at 23 !! Already a 30 goal season at such a young age .. frame of a sequoia... He's the prototype power forward every team dream about... I give away a cocky small unidimensional overpaid player against him anyday of the week.
Everything u said is the reason why we would have to give a 1st rounder along with cammy to get a possibly overrated player who is completely unproven unlike cammy, and a player who has had two OK seasons, and for a player who is off to a pathetic start this yr.. Have you ever watched the habs though?..calling cammy cocky?. You say hes overpaid? I guess a goal per game in the playoffs is crap then, and i guess being on the PK unit makes him garbage too. You must have only been watching the habs play for like a month or something. Why do you call him cocky, because he keeps a straight face and doesn't celebrate when he scores?..Or when he points to the guy who set him up to show that he's a team player?..GIVE ME A BREAK.

Last edited by Jmac1160*: 11-01-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:05 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
I second that ...and I'd throw in your sister too!

KIDDING!

But seriously... Stewart, Cole AND Patches.... yea in a heartbeat especially when two of them haven't even reached their potential yet!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Subnordi

On NHL 11, I traded Cammy and two 7ths to Washington for OV...

Subnordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Subnordi

But yeah, I would definatley do this, Stewart's a beast, Cammy's an inconsistent sniper, don't get me wrong, I really like him, but I feel Stewart would be the better option for our team

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Stewart-Eller-Cole

Subnordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Destoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
Everything u said is the reason why we would have to give a 1st rounder along with cammy to get a possibly overrated player who is completely unproven unlike cammy, and a player who has had two OK seasons, and for a player who is off to a pathetic start this yr.. Have you ever watched the habs though?..calling cammy cocky?. You say hes overpaid? I guess a goal per game in the playoffs is crap then, and i guess being on the PK unit makes him garbage too. You must have only been watching the habs play for like a month or something. Why do you call him cocky, because he keeps a straight face and doesn't celebrate when he scores?..Or when he points to the guy who set him up to show that he's a team player?..GIVE ME A BREAK.
Stewart average a goal every two game in the playoffs, plus go look at his carrer stats and tell me its not impressive. My best friend is a Avs fan and he almost cried when they gave him away with shattenkirk for Johnson, the guy was a beast !! Plus he's a habs fans, imagine how motivated he would be ! All i see from cammy is a guy who'll put it in when he's hot but will not prevail anything if he's cold. He's not a good passer, shy away from contact, isn't good defensively despite pk time which bothers me because its not his place at all.. Last year he was a disaster on the ice for most of the regular season, but he will always get a free pass because he's a playoff clutcher. 6 million for a unidimensional scorer who dont provide anything on the ice except goals... thats what i call overpaiment... The cockiness is maybe just my perception but i read some people think the same way around here...

Destoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:22 PM
DJ Breadman

I would love to have Stewart, but Cammy has been one of the best players in the nhl during the playoffs the last 2 years. I"ll admit he has been underwelming during the regular season but i'd keep him based on his playoff performance alone

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:41 PM
CaptainC

Stewart only has 2 goals and an assist this year in 11 games. Maybe if he keeps this pace up to january we could trade him for cammy, if not no one would ever do this trade. Basically you would trade a 60 point guy that is 6'3'' for a 60 point guy that is 5'9''.

CaptainC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:57 PM
icerocket

So we trade one of our better players to get maybe a good player?

Brilliant!

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
And the tank master is back. You have ZERO confidence in this team..How come your here when all you do is say "trade our vets we are not good enough" trade trade trade.
He's a genius actually. He realizes trading a star player is thinking outside the box........

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
If we were to trade Cammalleri I would rather target a guy like Evander Kane who I believe he is gonna be very special very soon.

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote