HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Johansen staying in Columbus

View Poll Results: Should Ryan Johansen stay with the Jackets or be sent back to the Winter Hawks?
Yes 60 82.19%
No 9 12.33%
Does not matter to me 4 5.48%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Feicht

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
Well, we can't trade Brass till we know Carter is ready. Anyway we can get someone to willingly take Pahlsson, he's been in my opinion, the worst player on offense this season?
Honestly though, Pahlsson isn't really paid to put up points; Brassard, however, is; and though it really pains me to say it, he hasn't delivered. A few years ago early in the season when we had Brass, Jake, and Filatov flying around the ice, I had really hoped we had the makings of what you're seeing in Edmonton right now: a nice crop of talented, young players out there having fun and winning games. Obviously that quickly unravelled (for a number of reasons), and now Brass is the only one of those guys we have left. For whatever reason, he just hasn't been able to be the player that showed so much promise a couple years ago before going down with that shoulder injury. I would like to see him get back to form, but we've been waiting quite a while now

EDIT: To be fair, I am not saying that Brass is a bad player, it is just that he has evolved into more of a lower-tier second liner than the #1 center it seemed like he could be. If Johansen keeps up his play of late, he will quickly make Brassard increasingly irrelevant.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Arch City Zach

Oh, I love Brassard, have his jersey autographed in my closet and I'm saying we trade him, just not till Carter is back and RyJo is more ready. But Pahlsson has done nothing at all to deserve his place on this team.

Arch City Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:15 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
http://downgoesshelley.wordpress.com...en-watch-2011/

Johan at practice along with Methot.
Thanks for linking to my blog!

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

the last few games i've kvetched about Pahlsson less...he's played well, other then a couple of dumb penalties...

I'm happy RyJo is staying...time to build on that GWG culture he has!

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
I'm not the hugest fan of Bouwmeester, but I keep thinking a trade centered around Brass could work out for both sides. They could use a playmaking center and we could use a defensive defenseman who eats up big minutes. Not sure all the pieces needed to even it up (Russell + ?).
i've been claiming for this since June...I think we're stuck with something that looks like this due to cap/salary issues

JayBo

for

Brassard
Juice (cap dump)
Russell/Clitsome
Mid Pick / Goloubef (for them taking Juice back)

Old
11-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

http://video.bluejackets.nhl.com/videocenter/console

At the end of the Arniel practice video, Scott says you'll see some new faces tomorrow. Reporter then asks "new faces". He replies you'll see. Cam possibly coming back? Trade?

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:25 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by reporob View Post
let me guess it MADE no sense...
Your reply? Correct. Why you capitalized made? Yes. Are you going somewhere with this?

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
http://video.bluejackets.nhl.com/videocenter/console

At the end of the Arniel practice video, Scott says you'll see some new faces tomorrow. Reporter then asks "new faces". He replies you'll see. Cam possibly coming back? Trade?
methot and carter...

Old
11-01-2011, 02:31 PM
blahblah

JayBo would be a perfect fit for what we are trying to build.

And grats Ryan. You are the only player on our team with game winning goals through 12 games.

Old
11-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
JayBo would be a perfect fit for what we are trying to build.
since i can't always tell....serious or sarcastic?

Old
11-01-2011, 02:34 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
methot and carter...
Probably and welcome, if not what I would call new.

Old
11-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
methot and carter...
Methot was at practice today though.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Maybe he means he's resigning

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 03:30 PM
blahblah

Quote:
since i can't always tell....serious or sarcastic?
It's kind of a double entendre.

Old
11-01-2011, 03:44 PM
FANonymous

Maybe they didn't get to celebrate Halloween yet so they're all dressing up for practice...

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Dekanich is almost certainly one of the new faces.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:39 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
Well, we can't trade Brass till we know Carter is ready. Anyway we can get someone to willingly take Pahlsson, he's been in my opinion, the worst player on offense this season?
That's like criticizing the guy for not being Canadian.

Offensive is not what he is, and not what he's expected to be.

Old
11-01-2011, 04:40 PM
NovaScotiaCBJ

Just saw on the TSN ticker that RyJo was told that he would be staying with the big club the rest of the year. Probably a good call if he stays on the wing where he has been productive this year

NovaScotiaCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:50 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
That's like criticizing the guy for not being Canadian.
So a good thing... Gotcha.

Quote:
Offensive is not what he is, and not what he's expected to be.
That's good, because Sammy has never offended me.

I will say there is a decline in the effectiveness of Sammy in the offensive zone that has increased over the last couple of years. What that translates to is making it hard to be a plus player no matter how well you play in the defensive zone.

However you want to justify that is fine. But with that on top of a dead last PK, can we really say he's offering much value?

Old
11-01-2011, 05:20 PM
jag72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Dekanich is almost certainly one of the new faces.
Dekanich actually took part in practice today. I would not quite call him new even though he has only seen a couple of practices due to his injury.

jag72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
So a good thing... Gotcha.

That's good, because Sammy has never offended me.
English is fun

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:13 PM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
I'm sure that almost all of you will be smiles and giggles over this. Good for you, but forgive me for not joining the party.

However, I will offer RyJo congrats.

Welcome to the Nationwide Arena Country Club, Ryan.

Welcome to a place where the pay is high and the expectations are low.

Welcome to a town where those fans who still care enough to go to the games will worship you and your teammates like rock stars, even though their team has won barely more than one out of every three games in its existence. Those fans really do deserve better than what they are getting, but itís not like anybody is putting a gun to their head and forcing them to buy those tickets, right?

Welcome to an organization that has absolutely no vision as to what kind of team it wants to be. The beauty of that is that nobody will call you out for underperforming since thereís no standard to live up to.

Welcome to a team on which you can take game after game off and itís the coach who gets the axe, not you. How cool is that?

Welcome to a team where players are paid on long term contracts based on their potential, not actual performance. The worst case scenario is that youíll be bought out of your contract, which means that in the end that youíll likely end up with about the same amount of money (or more) after the buyout than what the other 29 teams would have paid you to sign with them in the first place. You say thatís too good to be true? Of course not; just ask Mike Commodore.

Welcome to a town where all games against Pittsburgh are road games, even though some may be played at Nationwide. That may sound confusing now but, trust me, youíll understand the first time the Pens come to town this season.

Welcome to a team where even if you are the least-talented player, sooner or later you will get a chance to play on the first line with Nash only because the coach is often times that desperate to find a line combination that works.

Welcome to a town where the local media sets a higher performance standard for an 18 year old football player than your teamís highest paid player. If you play a stinker of a game, the hacks in the morning paper will likely just say that the puck didnít bounce your way the night before and leave it at that. Itís nice to have some folks to cover your back when you donít deserve it, huh?

A couple of important things to remember:

It may become annoying after awhile when opposing arenas play the Mickey Mouse Club theme song when your team takes the ice, but youíll get used to it. If anything, think about those nice vacations to Disney World youíll be able to take your family to every April, May and June in the years to come.

Also, if at any point you feel as if youíre in over your head being in the NHL, donít worry. You will have plenty of company since everyone else in the org, from the team president on down, is in way over their head as well. Take comfort in that.

Youíve worked hard all your life to get to this point and make to the NHL with Columbus, Ryan. Congratulations; it doesnít get any better than this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Salty, but unfortunately I can't really be all that upset about what you said. You should send this post to Scott Howson and see what type of response you get. My guess is none or "sorry you feel that way, we're working hard to try to change."
Both of these.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Doug19

I'm happy with this decision.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag72 View Post
Dekanich actually took part in practice today. I would not quite call him new even though he has only seen a couple of practices due to his injury.
Ah good to know.

I'm happy Johansen gets to stay up for now. In my opinion it will be better for his development to play in the NHL than in Portland even if it's in a "losing environment." I don't think being on a "losing team" is as detrimental to the development of young players as is, say, being on a "country club team."

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:38 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
I'm sure that almost all of you will be smiles and giggles over this. Good for you, but forgive me for not joining the party.

However, I will offer RyJo congrats.

Welcome to the Nationwide Arena Country Club, Ryan.

Welcome to a place where the pay is high and the expectations are low.

Welcome to a town where those fans who still care enough to go to the games will worship you and your teammates like rock stars, even though their team has won barely more than one out of every three games in its existence. Those fans really do deserve better than what they are getting, but it’s not like anybody is putting a gun to their head and forcing them to buy those tickets, right?

Welcome to an organization that has absolutely no vision as to what kind of team it wants to be. The beauty of that is that nobody will call you out for underperforming since there’s no standard to live up to.

Welcome to a team on which you can take game after game off and it’s the coach who gets the axe, not you. How cool is that?

Welcome to a team where players are paid on long term contracts based on their potential, not actual performance. The worst case scenario is that you’ll be bought out of your contract, which means that in the end that you’ll likely end up with about the same amount of money (or more) after the buyout than what the other 29 teams would have paid you to sign with them in the first place. You say that’s too good to be true? Of course not; just ask Mike Commodore.

Welcome to a town where all games against Pittsburgh are road games, even though some may be played at Nationwide. That may sound confusing now but, trust me, you’ll understand the first time the Pens come to town this season.

Welcome to a team where even if you are the least-talented player, sooner or later you will get a chance to play on the first line with Nash only because the coach is often times that desperate to find a line combination that works.

Welcome to a town where the local media sets a higher performance standard for an 18 year old football player than your team’s highest paid player. If you play a stinker of a game, the hacks in the morning paper will likely just say that the puck didn’t bounce your way the night before and leave it at that. It’s nice to have some folks to cover your back when you don’t deserve it, huh?

A couple of important things to remember:

It may become annoying after awhile when opposing arenas play the Mickey Mouse Club theme song when your team takes the ice, but you’ll get used to it. If anything, think about those nice vacations to Disney World you’ll be able to take your family to every April, May and June in the years to come.

Also, if at any point you feel as if you’re in over your head being in the NHL, don’t worry. You will have plenty of company since everyone else in the org, from the team president on down, is in way over their head as well. Take comfort in that.

You’ve worked hard all your life to get to this point and make to the NHL with Columbus, Ryan. Congratulations; it doesn’t get any better than this.
Matt- I want to take this post to a fancy restaurant, wine it and dine it, then carry it across the threshold in my bedroom and ravish it for hours.... Hell, I might even put a ring on it.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote