HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Omark to Barons - All Omark Discussion Here

Old
11-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Krigaren*

vCash: 500
Omark to Barons - All Omark Discussion Here

Its now official, Omark is sent to the Barons. Hopefully he can up his value enough there to get some kind of value. And most importantly its great that he will get some matching. Atleast so far, there is no indication he is using his out. But depending on how its formed he might be able to use it at a later time if he chooses to.
http://hockey.expressen.se/nhl/1.260...ll-farmarlaget

Mod Edit: Confirmed now. Omark to the Barons http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|EDM|home

Last edited by Spawn: 11-02-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

No ice time here wont benefit him, its a good thing

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:41 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 50
Long story short, he needs to play and is waiver exempt.

OilDrop37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Krigaren*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsgotTigerBlood View Post
No ice time here wont benefit him, its a good thing
Definitly, there was a thread earlier today claiming cbj offered a third rounder for him. That would have benefited him even more imo. Not so much value thou.

Old
RoboNerdOK

Let's hope he hits the ice hungry in OKC. Omark has some really good tools but needs to work on a lot of the little things that make for a good NHLer.

RoboNerdOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Not saying it's not true, but why does a Swedish paper have it before anyone of the Edmonton guys and before the team has posted anything about it?

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tavaresmagicalplay*

I'm not too sad. He'll get another shot with another nhl team and if not he'll still make a lot of money in russia.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Long story short, he needs to play and is waiver exempt.
exactly. this can't be a surprise to anyone. Hopefully he can get on a role down there and come back up when someone gets hurt

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Krigaren*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Not saying it's not true, but why does a Swedish paper have it before anyone of the Edmonton guys and before the team has posted anything about it?
Because in canada Omark isnt concidered a good hockey player and i doubt that alot of people cares about it. While in sweden he is concidered quite a good hockey player and people are intrested.

Im to lazy to translate the whole thing but basicly the agent is confirming he is going to okc and says he wants to play in the nhl and succed but he also needs to play matches and is therefor going there.

Old
11-01-2011, 04:49 PM
dnicks17

I wonder if we'll see a guy like Hamilton sent down to Stockton now.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:50 PM
plikestechno

He just doesn't fit in how our game is played right now and didn't seem willing to adapt.

I'm glad he has the chance to go to OKC to try and find some sort of game, no point being in the press box for weeks on end.

If the 3rd from Columbus is true I would have taken that in two seconds. He's not going to be an every day NHL player for us and we need to move out some bodies/contracts. They tried him with every line here, it just didn't work out.

plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I really don't see him fitting in on this team in the future, unfortunately.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:52 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Just for future reference if anyone wants to see non-English websites converted easily just use Google Chrome as a browser and there is an instant popup that translates the articles for you. Really useful for all the fans checking out overseas articles on prospects etc.

http://hockey.expressen.se/nhl/1.260...ll-farmarlaget

GoogleChrome translation:

"Linus Omark sent down to the Farm Team

NHL team Edmonton has poked Linus Omark five games in a row. Now you can HockeyExpressen.se tell that the former catalog striker sent to Farm Team Oklahoma. - Omark wants to play hockey and the NHL, but he needs to match training to be ready, says Omark agent Patrik Aronsson for HockeyExpressen.se.

Linus Omark started the season in the NHL and had good shape. But the point did not occur in the five matches he played. The last four games have Omark seen from the stands. Overall, he poked in five games this fall. Now waiting game in the minor league AHL. - Omark will go down to Oklahoma and play games, says his agent Patrik Aronsson for HockeyExpressen.se. Linus Omark has not played in the minor team Oklahoma City since AHL Finals in the spring. During rookie season in North America last year played Omark majority of the time in the NHL. He made ​​27 points (5 goals, 22 assists) in 51 games for Edmonton. The AHL was 31 points (14 +17) in 28 games."

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Jeff Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post
I'm not too sad. He'll get another shot with another nhl team and if not he'll still make a lot of money in russia.
He'll still get plenty of opportunities with the Oilers. As soon as the Oilers go into a skid, he'll be back. I think that Renney would have liked to get him back in the line up sooner, but they kept on winning. You typically don't mess with a winning line up.

Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:53 PM
plikestechno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post
Maybe he'll be more receptive to the coaches of his next team. I found him very uncoachable while he was here. His play didn't progress at all while he was here. He plays the game he wants to and that's it. The only reason him and Maggie got tons of points towards the end of last year is because there was no one else. Maggie is adapting and brings other stuff to the table. Linus doesn't.

plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:56 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
Maybe he'll be more receptive to the coaches of his next team. I found him very uncoachable while he was here. His play didn't progress at all while he was here. He plays the game he wants to and that's it.
I wouldn't say he's uncoachable.

He definitely made an attempt to play a more North American style.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:58 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Will he go back to Sweden now

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Jeff Lebowski

Quote:
Maybe he'll be more receptive to the coaches of his next team. I found him very uncoachable while he was here. His play didn't progress at all while he was here. He plays the game he wants to and that's it. The only reason him and Maggie got tons of points towards the end of last year is because there was no one else. Maggie is adapting and brings other stuff to the table. Linus doesn't.
Are you one of the Oilers coaches?

Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
Because in canada Omark isnt concidered a good hockey player and i doubt that alot of people cares about it. While in sweden he is concidered quite a good hockey player and people are intrested.

Im to lazy to translate the whole thing but basicly the agent is confirming he is going to okc and says he wants to play in the nhl and succed but he also needs to play matches and is therefor going there.
If TSN didn't have it, I'd understand, but the local Oilers guys I would expect to have something. Alex Plante being recalled/demoted is less news worthy then this.

So far as I can tell, there's no NA confirmation of this move. Nothing on Twitter, Nothing on the Oilers' site.

Old
Krigaren*

Quote:
Renny pretty much said the opposite things to this a bunch of times last year. And its quite clear he changed tons of things in his game especially on the defensive side. But i guess people see what they want to see.

Old
0ilerman
The King

queue the five goal game. It's unfortunate he hasnt gotten more time with the oilers but at least now he can let his play do the talking.

0ilerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Doppler Drift

The thread "Khabibulin named 3rd Star of the Month for October" has been up for 4 hours, 10 posts. This one 20 posts in 20 minutes.

Doppler Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Krigaren*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
If TSN didn't have it, I'd understand, but the local Oilers guys I would expect to have something. Alex Plante being recalled/demoted is less news worthy then this.
Lazy edmontorians imo, is it a bit snow outside yet? Maybe they dont wanna catch a cold

Old
11-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Eytinge

Hopefully he doesn't ditch to Sweden, IIRC he has an out-clause in his contract this year. He needs to stick it out and wait for another chance, better he get playing time in OKC than watch from the stands here.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
Lazy edmontorians imo, is it a bit snow outside yet? Maybe they dont wanna catch a cold
No snow, it's windy, lol, doubt it. They know news on the Oilers draws ears and eyeballs, no way they wouldn't be all over it.

Again, not saying it's not true, just nothing confirmed on this side of the pond, it's also a bit of strange move seeing as both Hemsky and Hordichuk aren't back yet.