HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl/Ny Isl

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Chartraw27

vCash: 500
Zednik won't be traded. Too valuble come playoffs. Bulis.....maybe.

Old
11-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by betweenthepipes
How about either one of these guys for Parrish...Boughner or Sauer + early rounder from colorado or even throw in Hinote instead of the pick.

Parrish $1,900,000.00

Boughner - $950,000
Sauer - $718,200.00

possible

Hinote - 643,720.00

Fits in both teams caps, colorado has a lil cap space right now.
Are there still AV fans out there who believe Bougher has trade value, the likes of Sauer could return a top six forward, or Hniote is sought-after player?

Old
11-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartraw27
Zednik won't be traded. Too valuble come playoffs. Bulis.....maybe.
Habs should keep Bulis. He is a useful player, but doens't have much trade value.

Old
11-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Chartraw27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Habs should keep Bulis. He is a useful player, but doens't have much trade value.
Your right, they're doing fine with what they have........why fix it?

Old
11-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Top Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil
i just started this tread after reading the ottawa sun where it was written that the islanders's gm was regretting the trade with edmonton(peca) and he wanted a first line player to play with yashin and satan so i presumed that asham wasn't pretty good since im from quebec i only saw asham play when he was in montreal so i was basing my opinion on that. Mayby i'll just stop reading this rumor in the ottawa sun since each time it seems to be pretty far from the thruth
I'm from Mtl and have seen every game the isles have played. Asham is a big reason that Yashin and Satan are doing as well as they have. He opens the ice up
with hits and is a pretty good passer. I don't see him any slower than Yashin or Satan either.

Old
11-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Chartraw27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbad
I'm from Mtl and have seen every game the isles have played. Asham is a big reason that Yashin and Satan are doing as well as they have. He opens the ice up
with hits and is a pretty good passer. I don't see him any slower than Yashin or Satan either.
I've always liked Ash and was pissed when Habs dealt him. He did put up some pretty good offensive numbers in Junior.

Old
11-08-2005, 01:03 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Just out of curiosity, how interested are the Islanders in getting rid of Niinimaa? Especially after being kicked out of practice?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=142354&hubname=nhl

And is there anyone from the Kings roster/prospects that would land Niinimaa?

Old
11-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
The Isles fans want Niinimaa gone, I just want him paired with Luokowich. I love Niinimaa's game but he's been saddled with Cairns and Pettinen the past two years...totally doesn't suit his aggressive style of play. He needs to play alongside a pure d-dman in order to take the risks and not get totally burned.

I think they give him ten more games...as bad as he's been the entire Isles D has been atrocious. They're not physical, prone to taking penalties, blocked shots perfectly in one game and no others and are constantly out of position and are tired. These guys need to get on a bike for an hour a day, do anything to get their stamina up.

I'll take Grebs for Niinimaa!

As much as I'd love to see a trade happen with my two favorite teams, unless Grebs or Gleason is coming our way there's no deal. I would imagine that the Two G's on LA are pretty much untouchable. Though Aaron Miller fits the bill, his play has declined the past two years. I don't think Norstrom's going anywhere either.

My two favorite teams make awful trading partners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
Just out of curiosity, how interested are the Islanders in getting rid of Niinimaa? Especially after being kicked out of practice?

Old
11-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn

This incident reminds me a little of Kenny J having the "C" taken away from him. He was playing like horsebleep at the time. And, the day after it happened, there were slews of posts on this board with one unbalanced trade proposal after another. But, then Kenny turned it around and, one year later, was the best player in an Islander uniform.

IMO, Janne N is not going anywhere. He might or might not benifit from a change of scenery, but the Isles do not have anyone to take his place. They barely have an NHL quality top four as it is. I know he has been the whipping boy for Isles fans lately, who have always had unrealistic expectations for Janne, but he hasn't been the worst Islander dman and slowly seems to be coming around.

As for what the Kings have to offer: I don't see a deal. The Isles would need a top 4 dman in return (and not an overpaid one like Miller or Norstrom) and Kings don't have that to move. If anything, the Isles need to move a winger and acquire a dman, not move a dman for prospects.

If the Isles are out of the playoff hunt in another 20 games or so, I think things will be different. At that point, I would expect all the impending UFAs, Janne N, and one or two others to be very vulnerable to trade.

Old
11-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Taupy

Denis Grebeshkov for Janne Niinima ???
Not happening anytime soon my friend, Grebs is maybe not at Niinima's level presently, but has so much upside. Very bad trade for the Kings.

Old
11-08-2005, 02:29 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, how interested are the Islanders in getting rid of Niinimaa?
There have been no reports from the NY media that Niinimaa is being shopped since Garroich's report about 3-4 weeks ago.There have been no reports from newspapers out of town that a local team is scouting Niinimaa.

There have been plenty of fan message board rumors and blog reports though,but fans making 'get that bum ought of here' posts don't mean a trade is coming.

Quote:
Especially after being kicked out of practice?

in an effort top stop the team from taking so many penalties,Stirling has sat 4 players this yr for taking costly or bad penalties....Asham,Zhitnik,Lukowich and Blake.He's threatened to sit others for taking costly or bad penalties.His tossing
Niinimaa at yesterday's practice was another attempt to take a firmer hand with his underachieving team.

I think Niinimaa being kicked off the ice is a big deal if Niinmaa and Stirling make it a big deal and they don't sound they they intend to.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-309538c.html
Despite the incident, Niinimaa likely will be in the lineup tonight against the Devils, calling the incident "a blip" and saying he expected to "forget all about it once we get on the bus."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

Stirling had criticized Niinimaa for a mistake he made during a drill. Niinimaa insists he wasn't talking back but said he wanted to do the drill over again. "The next thing I heard was, 'Get off,' " Niinimaa said. "I didn't want to make matters worse so I went off and had a good workout off the ice ... It woke up the team. I understand the guys practiced real hard."

Though Stirling and Niinimaa have a history of tension between them (and Niinimaa quit Team Finland during the World Cup in 2004 because of a fight with his coach), both agreed yesterday's confrontation was isolated and not personal. Stirling said he didn't expect it to be an issue with tonight's lineup against the Devils at Continental Airlines Arena.

"Unless he makes it a problem," Stirling said, "I'm not making it a problem."

Quote:
And is there anyone from the Kings roster/prospects that would land Niinimaa

Can the kings trade the isles a quality top 4,who's salary doesn't exceed Niinimaa's $2.3m salary?Isles don't have a strong enouh D to trade Niinimaa for a talent down grade,they won't take spare parts back and they are not looking to dump salary.

Remember this is the same team that 2 yrs before trading Peca,saw the gm tell Peca in the press to jsut shut up and play,after he took his compliants to the press.

Old
11-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Crew- I agree with you. But, you can't blame King's Pawn from asking. It was a reasonable question, under the circumstances.

Taupy - I agree with you as well. Very quietly, Dave Taylor has put together an excellent young group of prospects.

Old
11-08-2005, 02:34 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
This incident reminds me a little of Kenny J having the "C" taken away from him. He was playing like horsebleep at the time. And, the day after it happened, there were slews of posts on this board with one unbalanced trade proposal after another. But, then Kenny turned it around and, one year later, was the best player in an Islander uniform.

it reminds me of when the Isles had Osgood,Snow and DiPietro.They demoted DiPietro at the end of training camp.He offered to redo the last yr of his contract,trying to stick with the nhl club.

we had fans rushing around posting how screwed the isles were because DiPietro was unhappy ,how he wouldn't report to the ahl because he was too selfish and how they could aquire him on the cheap.

in other words.. a big dramatic headline over not much.

Old
11-08-2005, 02:39 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Crew- I agree with you. But, you can't blame King's Pawn from asking. It was a reasonable question, under the circumstances.

I don't care about the offer.I actually think it's about time Stirling showed a tougher side.It's his job that could be on the line.I just don't think the isles are anymore likely to move Niinimaa after this incident,then they were before.

Old
11-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Oh, I definitely agree.

Today's thought for the day: Did the EVIL ONE make the right move throwing all that money at Satan? Given the way the Isles are playing, I can't help but wonder if the money would have been better spent on a stud dman.

Old
11-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Oh, I definitely agree.

Today's thought for the day: Did the EVIL ONE make the right move throwing all that money at Satan? Given the way the Isles are playing, I can't help but wonder if the money would have been better spent on a stud dman.
I said it at the time, and I'll say it again now: I definitely would've preferred a defenseman for that money.

Just as an example: Don't resign one of Martinek or Pettinen and don't sign Satan, and that's enough money right there for Adam Foote. I think it's a no brainer to decide which would've made this club stronger.

Old
11-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

or, don't sign Sopel and keep the 2nd rounder, that saves your 2.5 million.
and then don't sign Kvasha, Martinek, Papineau, and Pettinen.
Now, you have Foote AND Satan.
And, you'd have even more room if Dipietro is signed to a more realistic contract.

Oh well....

Old
11-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
or, don't sign Sopel and keep the 2nd rounder, that saves your 2.5 million.
and then don't sign Kvasha, Martinek, Papineau, and Pettinen.
Now, you have Foote AND Satan.
And, you'd have even more room if Dipietro is signed to a more realistic contract.

Oh well....
Or, while we're not trading for Sopel, I would also have preferred trading a 4th for Lydman, rather than a 2nd for Sopel. Or would have much preferred trading a third for Markov, but I doubt very much that one would've been on the table for the same price to a division rival.

Ah well, it's fun to dream.

Old
11-08-2005, 04:26 PM
MXD

Humm, if LA really need a better D, and Janne Ninnimaa, would a straight up Niiniimaa for Gleason trade as a chance to occur?

Or at least later in the year if NYI can't seem to get much higher than 10th-11th spot?

Old
11-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD
Humm, if LA really need a better D, and Janne Ninnimaa, would a straight up Niiniimaa for Gleason trade as a chance to occur?

Or at least later in the year if NYI can't seem to get much higher than 10th-11th spot?
I don't think LA would do that. Gleason has played well, and has good upside.

Old
11-09-2005, 12:49 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Oh, I definitely agree.

That was the thought in July, among a minority of NYI fans, Darth. Those of us who recognize that, old NHL or new, stopping the puck first and foremost is what wins games, Cups. (I'm guessing you are one of them.)

Closed Thread