HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lehoux for Semin?

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2005, 02:11 PM
jeffreyaa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
I just don't see how the organization could think he'd pass through. He's still young and has a lot of potential...
Agreed- this is the part that doesn't make any sense to me. He didn't prove anything at the NHL level, but the guy was leading a very good AHL in scoring before he went down last season. SOMEONE was going to take a chance on his offense, especially if it cost them absolutely nothing. This appears to be a gross mis-estimation on Kings management's part. Seems like they were hoping they could sign and assign him w/out anyone noticing if they kept it real quiet, but - again - a gross mis-estimation. If for no other reason, than b/c Lehoux himself would have felt a vested interest in having the news "leaked"...

Old
11-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Osprey

Again, the ten worst teams in the league passed on Lehoux before Phoenix claimed him, so the idea that he might pass through waivers isn't as wild as claimed. In fact, I think that he might've needed to pass through only a few more teams before he was home free, since the top 10-15 teams probably wouldn't have the room (cap or roster) or desperation to claim him.

I'm mildly suprised at Lehoux's quotes from that article. It doesn't sound like he a whiny, bitter person. I can actually kinda respect him saying "Give me a bit of rope. If I hang myself with it, we'll deal with that."

Old
11-08-2005, 04:09 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I'm mildly suprised at Lehoux's quotes from that article. It doesn't sound like he a whiny, bitter person. I can actually kinda respect him saying "Give me a bit of rope. If I hang myself with it, we'll deal with that."
He was burried behind Kelly and Cammalleri for a better part of his first two seasons and left with whomever wasn't in L.A. on injury recall for linemates. Around February of his second year he made a statement in the Union Leader basically saying he wanted to be the "go to guy" in Manchester. He wanted a chance to show he could do it. He stayed on the third line until a shoulder injury to Kelly later in the season sidelined him and continued going into the playoffs. Lehoux centered Rosa on the top line and had 2-goals and 3-assists in 5-games in the playoffs. It was during the last few weeks of the 03-04 season and in the playoffs that the Lehoux "breakout" really started. We all saw what he did last year. All he ever asked for were good linemates. When you're centering Leon Hayward and Chris Schmidt you can only do so much...

When Lehoux was centering good wings, things happened...

Old
11-08-2005, 04:21 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Smithson up, Barney down, Lehoux claimed... it's a regular Manchester party

Old
11-08-2005, 05:10 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:

When Lehoux was centering good wings, things happened...
Well tonight we shall see. Comrie and Nedved are both out, so Lehoux will get some time between LeClerc and Saprykin or Nagy and Johnson.

Old
11-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Osprey

KingBlazer, from the way you put it, it sounds like the Kings shafted Lehoux the whole time he was Kings property. Is that a correct interpretation of your post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX
Well tonight we shall see. Comrie and Nedved are both out, so Lehoux will get some time between LeClerc and Saprykin or Nagy and Johnson.
Wow, really? I'll be surprised if Gretzky really does play him, but it'll be cool if he does. It'll be Lehoux's first NHL game.

Old
11-08-2005, 05:34 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Wow, really? I'll be surprised if Gretzky really does play him, but it'll be cool if he does. It'll be Lehoux's first NHL game.

Playing tonight. I anticipate he'll be subbing for the injured Petr Nedved on the first or second line which likely means that he'll be playing with two of Nagy, Saprykin, Doan, Johnson, or possibly LeClerc.

Old
11-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Lehoux will be making his Phoenix Coyotes (and NHL) debut wearing #29. Just a heads up for those of you who will be watching the game.

Old
11-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Lehoux will be making his Phoenix Coyotes (and NHL) debut wearing #29. Just a heads up for those of you who will be watching the game.
Lehoux scores on his first shot!!!

Old
11-08-2005, 07:15 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKen48
Lehoux scores on his first shot!!!
Unassisted...

Old
11-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Mindcircus

Quote:
Unassisted...

ESPN says assists went to Ballard and Morris...

Old
11-08-2005, 07:35 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus
ESPN says assists went to Ballard and Morris...
They updated it on the NHL site now as well. He and the Yotes actually look pretty good at this point...

Last edited by King Blazer: 11-08-2005 at 08:03 PM.
Old
11-08-2005, 07:44 PM
jeffreyaa

Oy.....

Old
11-08-2005, 11:50 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
They updated it on the NHL site now as well. He and the Yotes actually look pretty good at this point...
Our whole division looks good. The Pac is going to be scary this year.
As is the Northeast and Northwest.

Closed Thread